ECT We know that God does not hear sinners ...

elohiym

John 9:31 We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.

I believe that God does not hear sinners.

Discuss.

elohiym

John 9:31 We know that God does not hear sinners ...

How would they know? The scriptures.

Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry. The face of the LORD is against evildoers, To cut off the memory of them from the earth.…

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

There are more scriptures conveying the similar sentiment.

Bottom line: God doesn't hear sinners.

elohiym

Here's another scripture:

Proverbs 1:28-29 Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me, Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD.…

Same sentiment.

elohiym

Luke 18 KJV
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Sinner or repentant sinner (ex-sinner)?

Can't be a sinner, even if he thinks himself a sinner. See all the verses I've posted.

Sounds humble, contrite and turned from sin.

elohiym

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: "God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector..."

Did God hear his prayer?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ died for the sins of ALL mankind. However, only those who place their
faith in Christ alone as their Savior will reap the benefits. Forgiveness of sins
is available to anyone, everyone who will hear the Gospel and respond with
faith in Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalms 106 KJV
(6) We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
(7) Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
(8) Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

elohiym

Psalms 106 KJV
(6) We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
(7) Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
(8) Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

Do you think that proves God hears sinners? :idunno:

Sounds like the author has faith.

Cross Reference

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: "God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector..."

Did God hear his prayer?

How do you know He didn't and chose to remain silent? I would doubt He has EVER answered your prayers? However, I can see where He might have acquiesced in letting you go your own way. . . with a hope.

The verses you offered up testify of your willful ignorance; a total misrepresentation of scripture that has left you a woefully unteachable cultist.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 8 KJV
(31) So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
(32) And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

elohiym

How do you know He didn't and chose to remain silent?

Same thing as not hearing his prayer. Come on. We all know that God didn't hear the Pharisees prayer. And we all know that doesn't mean God is deaf.

I would doubt He has EVER answered your prayers?

You would be very wrong.

The verses you offered up testify of your willful ignorance; a total misrepresentation of scripture that has left you a woefully unteachable cultist.

Think what you like. I just quoted the scriptures and claimed I believe them.

John 9:31 We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.

elohiym

Matthew 8 KJV
(31) So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
(32) And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Not an example of sinners being heard by God, right?

What do you do with all the explicit verses I've posted?

In what sense are sinners not being heard by God?