-
the ones who don't believe in work
-
the ones who think they are saved
-
the ones who don't think Jesus is God
-
and for those who might be interested, my interpretation of the apocalypse

Where are your spiritual credentials for judging ANYTHING except maybe, darkness? By your own admission you are of the walking dead crowd.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I know I am not saved
-
that's the good news
that explains why you have no foundation. James Cardinal Gibbons, a Catholic Archbishop said, "Jesus our Lord, founded but one Church, which He was pleased to build on Peter. Therefore, any church that does not recognize Peter as its foundation stone is not the Church of Christ, and therefore cannot stand, for it is not the work of God." (The Faith of Our Fathers, p. 82). The apostle Paul said, "For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus" (1 Cor. 3:11). There is no other foundation but Christ! Therefore, any church which does not recognize Christ alone as the foundation stone cannot be the church of Christ.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
that explains why you have no foundation. James Cardinal Gibbons, a Catholic Archbishop said, "Jesus our Lord, founded but one Church, which He was pleased to build on Peter. Therefore, any church that does not recognize Peter as its foundation stone is not the Church of Christ, and therefore cannot stand, for it is not the work of God." (The Faith of Our Fathers, p. 82). The apostle Paul said, "For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus" (1 Cor. 3:11). There is no other foundation but Christ! Therefore, any church which does not recognize Christ alone as the foundation stone cannot be the church of Christ.

the church does not teach tulip

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I am here to expose the wolves in sheep's clothing:
-
the ones who believe in predestination
-
the ones who don't believe in work
-
the ones who think they are saved
-
the ones who don't think Jesus is God
-
and for those who might be interested, my interpretation of the apocalypse

the church does not agree with me on my interpretation of the apocalypse
-
the church does not have an official position
-
the church is politically correct

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, one has to believe right before he can do right. Why? Because the heart of man is deceitful. One has to be saved and desire to know God for His new birth to happen in order to set it on the "right" path of righteousness.

you got scripture for that?

Cross Reference

Read your Bible for understanding, if you own one. The whole life of Jesus is found it he NT. Start with John 1. You can pretty much sum up with chapter 3:8 KJV to see the need for faith.

OMT: In case you have still been wondering the why of salvation consider that the end is that we, by a process of becoming completed by the Love of His indwelling Divine nature by the new birth from God, become as He is.. It is NOT to escape from hell. Escaping hell is a 'given'.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
tulip is the most dangerous teaching there is
-
tulip teaches it doesn't matter what you do

It appears you misunderstand Reformed teachings regarding human responsibility. We very much believe it matters what the professing Christian "does."

We do not believe any person can be saved by works performed under the law, because such works are always going to be imperfect and tainted with original sin. Romans 3:9-20

However, the sanctifying works of the Holy Spirit in the regenerated believer (Galatians 5:20-22), are vital and necessary and must be practiced if one calls upon the name of the Lord.

Not in order to obtain salvation. No. Justification (pardon from sin) comes by faith and the grace of God, only.

But good works verify the believers' profession of faith. Our conduct verifies our witness to God's saving grace. Our actions produced by faith build upon each other, bringing knowledge of the deep truths of God and establish a wonderful state of assurance. Obedience and love of God's Word brings us freedom. These actions lead us out of old habits and prevents much sin. Nothing gives a Christian more hope, than approaching God in prayer with a CLEAN CONSCIENCE; within which abides much spiritual power.

I could go on . . but you can see that our view is not stoic, gnostic, or fatalistic, but totally aware that it is a creaturely duty to believe, obey, and worship the Creator 24/7 and the indwelling Holy Spirit's presence is what enables believers to live a life of faith that is pleasing to God and men. Hebrews 11:6

From the beginning, man was commanded to exercise his human will in subordination to the superior and sovereign will of God. Even when sin corrupted our human nature and our wills; preventing us from performing this human duty, the command remained.

Only through faith in Jesus Christ and His sinlessness, are believers enabled, by His Spirit, to fulfill this duty and human responsibility, as we should.

Romans 3:21-31

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
the church does not teach tulip
you teach roses.

Rebellious Children
Open Invitation
Sufficient for All
Effective Grace
Safe in Christ

ROSES says that we are Rebellious children who have received an Open invitation of salvation, won by the life, death and resurrection of Christ which is Sufficient for all. Through the Effective grace of God, we are enabled to believe and, by the same grace, kept Safe in Christ. (As an added bonus, ROSES reminds me of that quintessentially Catholic prayer, the Rosary!)