Ukraine is a WWIII powder keg

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Who would that be exactly? TGP? You can easily get credible, corroborated and verifiable news that shows the invasion in first hand detail from reporters covering events right there in the thick of it.
How about getting your news straight from the mouths of the innocent civilians of Ukraine? Too real for you? Do you actually think these are paid actors?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How about getting your news straight from the mouths of the innocent civilians of Ukraine? Too real for you? Do you actually think these are paid actors?

I told you about Patrick Lancaster a while back. Here's more on him:

How a former US Navy sailor became a Putin propagandist

Patrick Lancaster describes himself as an independent journalist. Critics say he's a foot soldier for Moscow's information war against Ukraine.

Lancaster’s videos have often appeared on Russian state-run media, including Russia Today and Zveda, a television channel owned by Russia’s defense ministry, reporters Jason Paladino and Anya van Wagtendonk with Grid, an independent news site, revealed on Monday.

Not only is Lancaster able to travel through Russian-controlled territory at will, but in one video he wore a white band on his arm and leg, which is a method that Russian troops use to distinguish friends from foes, Grid reported.

Iraq war veteran Kristofer Goldsmith tracks disinformation and extremism as CEO of the firm Sparverius. He believes it is possible that Lancaster is working for the Russians, but it’s just as likely that he believes the conspiracy theories that he espouses, Goldsmith told Task & Purpose.

Goldsmith noted that Lancaster will often claim “the Western media won’t show you this” in his videos....

His videos — which contain factual errors, misinformation and in the case of the video involving the alleged IED, have been accused of being outright fabrications – have the potential to reach a wide audience. His YouTube channel has 408,000 subscribers and he has also been featured on InfoWars, a website owned by radio host Alex Jones that passes off conspiracy theories as news. During a Feb. 25 interview with Jones, Lancaster said the people in eastern Ukraine controlled by Russian-led separatists were “in tears of happiness” over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine....

“The pretext of everything that he does is that there is a conspiracy of the Western media to hide the truth from you,” said Goldsmith, who is also helming Task Force Butler, a team of veterans volunteering with Human Rights First to counter extremism and radicalization. “That puts him not just in the same camp as Russia Today or Sputnik, but of Alex Jones.”

The Kremlin’s goal is to undermine American’s faith in democracy, Goldsmith said. Toward that end, it is extremely useful to have veterans such as Lancaster serve as an arm of Russian propaganda because American military veterans can have a tremendous amount of influence on social networks.

“A veteran is more likely to inform the beliefs of their immediate family, of their co-workers, their friends, etc.,” Goldsmith said. “So, for every dollar — or every ruble — that is spent targeting an American service member, they’re getting a better bang for the buck than targeting any other demographic within the United States.”

Arthur Brain

You mean all of the ones that Putin's forces have bombed and shelled with no need whatsoever along with the deaths of so many Russian soldiers to boot? Followed this despicable invasion from day one Jefferson and it's all too real more's the pity. How can you possibly not condemn the actions of this despot?

Arthur Brain

His main political rival was murdered. And, like O.J. Simpson, he vowed to find the real killer. Clearly not a sweetheart. But neither was General Patton.
If it wasn't for the abysmal human tragedy that's ongoing it would almost be funny. You and similar are an apologist for a Russian despot - while simultaneously going on about "leftists", "commies" and whatnot. Irony factories have long since blown up...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You mean all of the ones that Putin's forces have bombed and shelled with no need whatsoever along with the deaths of so many Russian soldiers to boot? Followed this despicable invasion from day one Jefferson and it's all too real more's the pity. How can you possibly not condemn the actions of this despot?
I see you avoided my question. Do you actually think these are paid actors?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Regardless, I'm reminding you he's known for batting for team Russia.

And you are batting for the military industrial complex as well as the Democra...er... the War Party.

Not interested in watching his videos.

Like a pro-abortionist who covers her eyes at the sight of a photograph of an aborted baby, you cover your ears from the testimony of innocent civilians.

Arthur Brain

I see you avoided my question. Do you actually think these are paid actors?
I didn't wade through your YT videos. If you can't condemn the invasion of the Ukraine then that's on you. Some of us have followed this on a daily basis with accredited, long term war correspondents out there in the field in real time. Shame on you if you continue to make excuses for what's going on.

Arthur Brain

And you are batting for the military industrial complex as well as the Democra...er... the War Party.

Like a pro-abortionist who covers her eyes at the sight of a photograph of an aborted baby, you cover your ears from the testimony of innocent civilians.
What on earth are you on about now??! She does no such thing.

I've condemned both the invasion of Iraq and the Ukraine. Did you think I was going to defend the former with your previous cos you sure let that drop once it was made clear that it was indefensible. Yet here you are being a Putin apologist. Why can't you condemn this despot's invasion of another country Jefferson? Why?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I didn't wade through your YT videos. If you can't condemn the invasion of the Ukraine then that's on you. Some of us have followed this on a daily basis with accredited, long term war correspondents out there in the field in real time. Shame on you if you continue to make excuses for what's going on.
You actually trust the reporting of paid "journalists" who need to make sure their paychecks don't stop coming, over the testimony of innocent civilians? You're kidding, right?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

False.

I’m pretty sure you ignored anything I posted about Ukrainian victims in the Ukraine crisis thread. I’ve seen plenty of stories and video and photos of the victimized Ukrainians, brutalized by the invading Russians, so no, I haven't covered my ears. Unlike you and others like you though I don’t spend countless hours immersed in conspiracy videos on YouTube. I’ve been consistent here in saying that if you post a video I probably won’t watch it. Not impossible, but it’s rare, and I’m not going to waste my time on Lancaster.

Arthur Brain

You actually trust the reporting of paid "journalists" who need to make sure their paychecks don't stop coming, over the testimony of innocent civilians? You're kidding, right?
The amount of credible and on the spot reporting I've seen over the past few weeks has included testimony of innocent civilians so as usual, you're way off the mark. You carry on getting your "news" from wherever. Be an apologist for Putin all you want. It's utterly bizarre but then again, should be used to it in some respects by now...

way 2 go

media%2FFTLhzObWIAEn-3K.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall