Ukraine is a WWIII powder keg

Gary K

Banned
George Bush is conned by pranksters into telling the truth about Ukraine.

Vovan and Lexus, Russian pranksters known for trolling Western politicians, celebrities, and other public figures, revealed Tuesday that they had tricked George W. Bush into speaking with them. The former president played an instrumental role in the second wave of NATO’s eastward expansion, and the first Euromaidan crisis in Ukraine in 2004.

The United States didn’t keep its word to Moscow on NATO’s eastward expansion due to shifting circumstances, and the Bush administration always wanted to see Ukraine join the Western alliance, George W. Bush has revealed in a candid interview with Vovan and Lexus.

“I wanted [Russia] on the fringe of NATO, I wanted Ukraine in NATO”, Bush, who served as US president between 2001 and 2009, told the pranksters, who posed as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in a portion of the interview that aired Thursday at a Russian educational forum.

“I thought for a while that Russia would be more cooperative. And then [Vladimir] Putin changed dramatically”, Bush said.

“I felt that Ukraine needed to be in the EU and NATO”, he added.

Asked to address Russia’s oft-repeated argument that James Baker, US secretary of state under George H.W. Bush, had promised Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev not to expand the bloc eastward in 1990, Bush Jr. suggested that such promises were irrelevant because they were made a long time ago.

Nothing but confirmation of history and that the US has goaded Putin into finally responding. He is no liar nor is he a raging lunatic. He appears to be a decent and honorable man maliciously accused by liars desiring war.

Bush: no need to keep "old" promises. In other words, US promises are meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Nothing but confirmation of history and that the US has goaded Putin into finally responding. He is no liar nor is he a raging lunatic. He appears to be a decent and honorable man maliciously accused by liars desiring war.
He is a complete and total fool. When the kids start recklessly playing around with matches and guns, you take them away from the kids. Putin is recklessly playing around with glass crater makers, and he's a complete and total fool.

Arthur Brain

George Bush is conned by pranksters into telling the truth about Ukraine.

Bush: no need to keep "old" promises. In other words, US promises are meaningless.

Care to explain what's "decent and honorable" about invading a country that was providing no provocation, bombing it's civilians and killing hundreds of thousands? You are as gullible and ignorant as it can possibly get.

And that's putting it kindly.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Care to explain what's "decent and honorable" about invading a country that was providing no provocation, bombing it's civilians and killing hundreds of thousands?
You're talking about the US invading Iraq, right?

Gary K

Banned
He is a complete and total fool. When the kids start recklessly playing around with matches and guns, you take them away from the kids. Putin is recklessly playing around with glass crater makers, and he's a complete and total fool.
So you would consider yourself a complete and total fool for fighting back against people who bully you and refuse to keep their promises to you over decades of time. Got it. You're one amazing guy for blaming yourself for defending yourself. Amazing level of sanity.

Arthur Brain

So you would consider yourself a complete and total fool for fighting back against people who bully you and refuse to keep their promises to you over decades of time. Got it. You're one amazing guy for blaming yourself for defending yourself. Amazing level of sanity.
Putin, nor his regime were being bullied in any way. He and his cohorts were the ones who invaded a peaceful, sovereign nation with no provocation whatsoever. What in the world is wrong with you?!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We also killed more innocent Iraqi civilians than Sadam Hussain did.
According to a 2010 assessment by John Sloboda, director of Iraq Body Count, U.S. and Coalition forces had killed at least 22,668 insurgents as well as 13,807 civilians in the Iraq War, with the rest of the civilians killed by insurgents, militias, or terrorists.

The number of Kurdish Iraqis killed by Hussein in the late '80s using poison gas and other means numbered as many as 180,000.

Gary K

Banned
Putin, nor his regime were being bullied in any way. He and his cohorts were the ones who invaded a peaceful, sovereign nation with no provocation whatsoever. What in the world is wrong with you?!
So, even when GB says we didn't keep our promises and did what we promised not to do just because we wanted to it's insanity for Putin to distrust the people lying to him. Yeah, a real rational line of thought. Even when GB says Putin changed from who he was it's meaningless to you. He is still the same guy he was 50 years ago. :rolleyes:

What power of reasoning you display. Way to follow the evidence. Your critical thinking skills are unmatched.

Arthur Brain

@Jefferson

Why have you quoted a response of mine without any comment? I've already stated that the invasion of Iraq was inexcusable, what more do you want? Care to condemn the invasion of the Ukraine now?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
It was inexcusable the invasion of Iraq. How about you acknowledge the same in regards to Putin's invasion of the Ukraine?
I have a hard time believing any news coming out of the side beloved by Hillary, George Soros, Joe Biden and Hunter Biden.

Case in point:

Arthur Brain

So, even when GB says we didn't keep our promises and did what we promised not to do just because we wanted to it's insanity for Putin to distrust the people lying to him. Yeah, a real rational line of thought. Even when GB says Putin changed from who he was it's meaningless to you. He is still the same guy he was 50 years ago. :rolleyes:

What power of reasoning you display. Way to follow the evidence. Your critical thinking skills are unmatched.
Well, you certainly don't come close to matching them that's for sure. Your pitiful apologies and excuses for a despot are unhinged.

Arthur Brain

I have a hard time believing any news coming out of the side beloved by Hillary, George Soros, Joe Biden and Hunter Biden.

Case in point:

So, you're not going to condemn Putin's invasion of the Ukraine then? There's no "side" here Jefferson, it's not a case of "left v right", it's an acknowledgement that the invasion of Ukraine by Putin and his despotic regime is indefensible and should be recognized by folk of varying political persuasions. If you can't do that much then you might as well get your "news" from Russian state media.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If you can't do that much then you might as well get your "news" from Russian state media.
I'd rather get my news from independent, on the ground, reporters than so-called "journalists" who have long ago sold out to the military industrial complex.

Arthur Brain

I'd rather get my news from independent, on the ground, reporters than so-called "journalists" who have long ago sold out to the military industrial complex.
Who would that be exactly? TGP? You can easily get credible, corroborated and verifiable news that shows the invasion in first hand detail from reporters covering events right there in the thick of it. How can you not condemn the invasion of the Ukraine in this regard?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
So, you're not going to condemn Putin's invasion of the Ukraine then? There's no "side" here Jefferson, it's not a case of "left v right", it's an acknowledgement that the invasion of Ukraine by Putin and his despotic regime is indefensible and should be recognized by folk of varying political persuasions.
Both Republicans and Democrats condemn Putin the Congenital Smooth Brain, it's only the non-Democrats and non-Republicans and them only, who don't: Typically conspiratorial "libertarians" like @ffreeloader whose anarchistic political ideology would inevitably lead us all to total and permanent war, which is exactly why they can't help but cheer on Putin the Astronomically Obtuse because Ukraine being a war zone, is their utopia. It's Pavlovian for them. They can't help but cheer, feel gleeful, and aggressively defend their apelike champion.
If you can't do that much then you might as well get your "news" from Russian state media.
They get it from there, plus anyplace else that isn't the top quality news outlets, because those news outlets do electioneer for either the Republicans or for the Democrats, and these anarchistic libertarian types like Ffreeloader are so paranoid of anyone penetrating their tin foil hat, that instead of wading into that fairly gentle stream, they directly inject and ingest gallons of the dumbest rhetoric you could imagine from the harrowing rapids of dark corners of the web, that smashes their intellect repeatedly against the rocks until they become blubbering jellyfish.

My evidence? Ffreeloader's posts.