Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Afternoon Gazette

So I asked chrys if he took his cream with a little coffee and...
is this another racist question?
Jabberin must be running a similar avatar (it happens) but no, I don't ask racist questions, though I have been known to ask racists questions. :plain:

Sponsoring...
Is this an example of what passes for humor among Civil Rights lawyers?

it surely is but it is a bad one
And yet considering the remark that sponsored it...you want to hit the nail so badly you just don't care where your finger is, do you... :plain:

Had a brief conversation with TSF...
Do you agree that if people would follow God's commandments or at least try hard to (can't succeed w/o trying) we wouldn't even HAVE liberals?
No.

and then this Q

Isn't the true definition of a liberal: someone who doesn't want to adhere to any laws, God's or society's...
No.

because he doesn't care about what is objectively right and wrong? but only what HE wants... and so liberal = selfish
Sorry. Didn't realize you weren't through.

No.

Noted a continuing jabbering in the Zimmerman thread...
Whites can't be racist. Zimmerman proves that. If they could find any evidence that he was racist, there would be a civil war. And, there's no civil war.
Hard to argue with that. I'll go further, it's impossible to argue with that. :plain: Let he who has cognitive functioning...

And in the freshly locked but as yet unerased Eeset thread...
Originally Posted by Breathe
...It's not even something I keep track of until I had to look before I posted this. It. Simply. Doesn't. Matter.

Originally Posted by Eeset
I agree from one perspective.
Someone else's?

That is why I started this fund raising thread. Pure capitalism. Sell something without any intrinsic value to help support TOL.
Like your user account?

Then chrys asked...
I don't think we should be able to lock our threads

what do you think?
I think we should be able to lock yours. :plain:

And after I nominated rainee for the Soggiest Sandwich award...
I would not be a sandwich - soggy or otherwise, Town.
And there's the great, great tragedy of it. :plain:

I'm a meat eater, you must've been playing with much younger people. And you should apologize to me tiger for saying those uncalled for ugly things to me
I never realized you had a tiger...or that you were British (though it does explain your problem with sandwiches). And possibly chewing.

Tomorrow? More awards and whatnots. :think:

Yesterday's riveting Eeset Gazette special found here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Gazette Extra: the sporting news.​

Cub Reporter Race a Close One
July is coming down to the wire and it's still a horserace, with Angel leading the pack at 15. Coming on strong in second is glorydaze at 14, with Eeset two lengths behind the lead at 13. Trad, the only other potential contender (at 8), pulled up lame from pressing.

How will it end? :think: The smart money says: badly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Introducing a new bit at Quixote's. I thought, what if we treated posters like threads or businesses and how would that play out descriptively?

Here are a few examples:

aCW's Homo Hobby Shop: when it comes to gay, no one stays on top of it like aCW.

Eeset's Resets: come for a smile/leave with a slap. But not to worry, tomorrow none of it will have happened to begin with or if it did shame on you...

Sod's Defamation Station Cafe: lots to chew on/nothing worth swallowing.

Or even products:

SDs non magnetic personality sigs: some dissembling required (gravitas not included).

Addition:

Letsargue's Clothier: everything for a fit.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
aCW's Homo Hobby Shop: when it comes to gay, no one stays on top of it like aCW.

Can't give you more rep, just yet. But between guffaws, I'm trying to figure out if that's an intentional double entendre or just a fortunate happenstance.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Eeset's Resets: come for a smile/leave with a slap. But not to worry, tomorrow none of it will have happened to begin with or if it did shame on you...

Sod's Defamation Station Cafe: lots to chew on/nothing worth swallowing.

Or even products:

SDs non magnetic personality sigs: some dissembling required (gravitas not included).

:chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But absolutely no one is in the same league with you!
It's his new note, I suppose. :idunno: I only see him in flashes of other people's posts these days and I can't say I'm missing much if that's still his meat. The ever popular "Not as I remotely do, but as I say." :chuckle: Or maybe the truth under the humor upsets him...in which case he could and should amend his practice, don't you think?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wednesday Morning Gazette

So zoo unleashed a brilliant bit...
I was thinking that for the TOL-a-Thon, to raise money, you could sell friends. I think it's very unfair that some people at TOL have many more friends than I do. Also, when newbies come to TOL, the ridiculous amount of friends some people have can be very intimidating, and new people might leave TOL because of that. But if anyone can buy friends, then people with money can have as many or more friends than the people who unfairly have lots of friends.

If that doesn't work for you, please remove the "friend" feature from TOL altogether, because it's meaningless and I don't have as many friends as some people which is unfair. It's like I'm an angel being tortured and raped.

Also, it's unfair that some people have been here longer than me. When newbies get to TOL, seeing that certain people have been at TOL for many years can be very intimidating. Please remove the "member since..." feature from TOL. Or a better idea, sell additional years at the TOL-a-Thon. That would make things fair. Put me down as being here for 20 years.

But it's not like any of these things mean anything to me. Who cares about how many friends someone has or how long someone has been here. Gosh, not me! I'm just thinking of TOL, and how you can raise some money to keep such a great site going!

That led to...
A way to merge the two threads...could we trade friends for rep?:think: I really need rep for affirmation.:plain:
It's a meaningless number. Doesn't matter at all. Neither do the number of friends you have. Because when you go to meet your maker only one thing is going to be on your mind and in your heart.

And yes, I'm talking about profile visits. :plain:

Then anna dropped in with a row of pennies...
I just checked, and I only have 38 friends. :plain:
I have 4,000,000,000 friends. And that's just on Farmville. :Clete: Oh yeah.

As you know, in earlier times members could accumulate friends much faster than they can these days.
And if you were a member of SOS all you had to do was post in a profile and they were added to your friends list.

That leaves us more recent members at a great disadvantage. I believe that some newer members have been essentially chased off TOL because they've been intimidated by friend bullies.
Happens all the time. I'd invite some unsuspecting newbie to drop by my profile and when they did BAM, they'd see the number and be crushed by their relative insignificance.

Bye-bye rookie.

These friend bullies have, by sheer force of their bully numbers, pushed me to the back of the TOL bus. Can you understand that I am tired of sitting in the back of the bus?
The smell has to be something awful. Like old socks and goat farts and medicine...

While things continued to heat up in the everlasting awards thread...
...the fluff award. It's a travesty...
Fixed that for everyone. :plain:

And now for the award everyone has been waiting for: the Lack of Lifetime Achievement Award, given to the poster whose singular mission in forum life has been one long, running and undeniable whiff.

The nominees:

Koban/Sod/Res for, "As it should be: a dream unfulfilled".

Eeset for "Unfair, one woman's struggle to begin at the finish line".

Son of Jack for, "But Wait, this next one will be funny!"

and SD for, "A Sig Line: apropos of nothing".

EDIT:

And Chrys for, "An Of Chorus Line: one man's mission to destroy a party".

Tried to help out the Brits in AB's Git thread...or something like...
I've read through most of these posts...and the humor...:idunno: Must be one of those English things I don't get...like cavities. :plain: :D

Leading to...
You posh git!
Ah. Which of the Spice Girls was she again?

Made a literary funny while zoo continued to wait for rEeset...
I think you might have to consider changing your username to Vladimir or Estragon. Else, it would be a harder bet catching her in the truth. :plain:

Lastly, silence where a reasonable person would contest is a form of assent. So there you go.

While in a rare, existing bit of text from that same rEeset...
Goshanna, Imagine that.
Doesn't take much imagination...yours would do. :plain:

And I'll end today on a high note...well, something has to explain his posts...
...My original name was taken too by an extreme token of misfortune. Apparently somebody else in this world is called 'Watt. A. Pratt.'

:mmph:
Noah C. Putz is still up for grabs. :plain:

Tomorrow? :rain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thursday Afternoon Gazette

Zoo continued to wonder...
That's true, I did. I'm right here.

And Eeset's run away.
It's like she disappeared...as if someone erased her presence. :shocked:

...I'm standing behind my words. Will Eeset stand behind hers?
Of course she will...only way, way behind them. Like two, maybe six threads over. :plain:

While in the Zimmerman thread...
:idunno: Not quite the monster that the media made him out to be. :angrymob:
No. And he hasn't killed anyone at all this week.

:think: Maybe he should hang a banner in front of his house: ___ days, justifiable homicide free!

Just an idea. :plain:

Which led to...
Good ideal. I guess it's pointless to hang a banner on the Trayvon family home: ____ days without an assault on a stranger!
More pointless than you hanging a: "___ days without a racist remark!" on yours. :plain:

Got tired of hearing the jabberin one say...
...the media ignores blacks killing whites
Like OJ?

and the justice system hardly cares.
Which is why so few black men are incarcerated? :rolleyes:

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

But, mommy, what about James Byrd Jr.? "African American" is a synonym for "spoiled brat".
By being dragged to death behind a truck because he was black...right.

He didn't fare better in the ending racism thread, if you can imagine...
You, a Jew, don't feel like you've been on the receiving end of racism? I've never met a Jew who claimed not to have been on the receiving end of racism.
Imagine that...you think all Jews think alike. :plain: Well knock me over with a swastika.

Before giving himself a coup de gracist back in the Zimmerman thread by saying...
...You let race dictate what side you take.
Beyond my noting more than once the presumption of innocence on the part of Zimmerman, suggesting his defense would likely prevail and further noting that both men had an opportunity to prevent what to a non-racist would be a needless and tragic loss of life you have a point.

By which I mean one likely atop your headpiece. :plain:

Tomorrow? I'm going to Disneyland. :plain: Maybe.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Saturday Morning Early Bird Gazette

First meshak complained about popularity...
I would like to plea to the mods to get rid of pep power to make all reps count equal.
So you can't make up your mind what you want.

...Jesus does not value popularity.
Then stop worrying about it.

...Jesus is not for the majority.
Then stop caring what people think of you and celebrate your minority without demanding the trappings of the majority.

Then asked chrys for a little of his...
Chris,

I think I gave you something to argue in this thread. You owe me one, (hint hint)

And I am out of here.

thanks Chris.

blessings.:wave:

And I decided...
MeMe: winner of the Flaming Hippocrates Award.

Inscribed on the base (where else?): heel/thyself. :first:

Then there was chrys doing his best to make with innuendo what he couldn't by the light of reason...
has you know who commented on 'too big to ignore'
no he hasn't
isn't he pro life?
that is what he says
It's what you say too, except as odious as I find you I've never suggested you didn't believe what you believe. Way to Sod up your new nest. :thumb: Is "Find Jesus" or "Get saved" next on your hit parade?

he should be excited about the texas law
not many here are excited about it
You don't really know what anyone who doesn't post in your thread thinks about it.

why not?
I can only speculate
Malicious gossip/innuendo isn't really something you have to do...unless you have a mental problem.

Do you have a mental problem? :think:

And jabin was back at it again...
Those are cheesy halloween costumes quickly thrown together for a tasteless Oct 31 practical joke. Those aren't real Klan robes and hoods.
First you call the gear cheesy and tasteless jokes and then you say they aren't Klan robes...make up your mind already. :plain:

Gave xAv a helpful hand...
...I didn't realise Eeset was trying to defame someone...As for being German, funnily enough my girlfriend is and I'm going to be in Germany for a month on the 3 Aug....
Two words that just don't get the play they once did, funny and German. :D

And, your irritation with Angel aside, Eeset was dumping on agnostics, declaring she'd never met an honest one. By tomorrow she'll be "clarifying" that to mean she doesn't know many but she's sure any number are and why is everyone trying to gang rape her (how she sees neg rep in bunches)...:plain:

Elsewhere, aCW and SD were trying to muddy the water around Rusha and anna...
For those of you that don't speak God-hating pagan, allow me to interpret:
If you think what he's doing is Godly you don't understand Godly...or what he's doing.

..."Being that Rusha is a God hating pagan like me, and that I am the protector of all pagans and atheists, I'll come to her aid."
Anna is no more a God hating pagan than you're an example of a grateful recipient of unmerited grace.

You don't seem to have voted aCW.
There were too many choices for him to process. :plain:

:yawn: Pr 27:5
A deaf parrot would have a more sensible grasp of what it was saying.

Before setting out a categorical objection to relativism as a singularly rational context...
...Only if by 'know', you mean you can assign an effective degree of probability to it.
I know that absent intervention a fall from fifty stories to the street below will kill me. I know that there is a chance some intervening occurrence could save me. I know how to spell cat. I know that I love my wife. I know that my son's name is Jack, and so on. I am absolutely sure of any number of things and so is anyone who reflects on it.

We can call that 'knowledge' if we want. I'm fine with that. But it's not certainty. It's not absolute. And it never will be.
I am certain of every fact I set out above and a host of others. I certain that if anyone says they trust God and by that mean they assign some probability to the notion they've failed themselves and God at the outset.

Re: the reality of self.
I don't agree that I have to be certain of this.
You really do or who are you trying to convince otherwise and, for that matter, what do you mean 'I'? It's another self defeating proposition, which is the bane of relativism without restraint.

Re: if nothing is certain you can't make the statement that nothing is certain.

Of course we can.
Well I didn't mean you couldn't literally say it.

"Nothing is certain" inherently defeats the truth of itself as an operation of logic. It is on its face a self-defeating statement of the order of "I am at every point a liar".

And tomorrow I hope to sleep in. :D

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Morning Race Report
(no Jabin, the other one):​

The month is nearly done and it's a clear four horse race with Eeset and Angel locked in a dead heat at 17. Glorydaze is one length back and IK is bringing up the rear of the leaders at 10. Trad is off the pace and boards and holding at 8. No one else is close enough to threaten.

My horse is basically walking around the track with 1 report.​

BREAKING NEWS----BREAKING NEWS----BREAKING NEWS

And Eeset pulls ahead by a length!

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Afternoon Gazette

File under it just goes to show you...
You have to see it to believe it:
[confirming images redacted for space--click the link to see them]

Recap:

1. Eeset wonders if there's a way to tally who makes the most reports, and speculates on who would be at the top of the list.

2. Eeset reports TH for tallying who makes the most reports and by doing so, puts herself at the top of the list.

You can't make this stuff up.

And anna pointed out...
No... no you can't. That report has to breaking irony meters everywhere. :chuckle:

Or maybe it was just so she could put herself in the lead. ("Perhaps I am wrong but things are not always as they seem. This is, of course, conjecture.")

In the event that thread disappears, I'll save this bit for posterity:

Originally Posted by rocketman
If the post warrants it to be reported than yes, I will report it. Foul language (outright or implied), threatening other members, posting reams of spam with no discussion points, Blasphemy (outright or implied) these are all worthy of report. I agree some things are just a waste of the mods time but, it does keep this site from becoming a free for all. TOL is not a mutual admiration society and it would be boring if was, heated debate is what makes this site interesting & popular. The fact that it is kept under some scrutiny of rules is a good thing.

Originally Posted by Eeset
I disagree. I think it shows the darker side of the one who did the reporting.

I took a shot at contextualizing...
Who Posted? Total Posts: 141
User Name Posts serpentdove 23

Serpentdove, you've got more posts in this thread than anyone else, and none of it's useful.

Please quit with the spam.
Proof plea...oh...nevermind. :plain:...um, ad hom?

:angrymob:_______:peach:

And in the mistaken former beliefs thread...
I used to believe:

morality was a human invention;

intelligence was the rule of worth;

most differences were honest ones;

New Coke could work out;

my best days were behind me. :D

Then aCW reminded us all that he hates nearly everyone he doesn't see in a mirror...
...Easy there Mike. Just because I mocked a couple of fake Christians doesn't mean that you and I are friends or allies. For the record, I detest you and your kind for prostituting God's Word.
It must be an awful thing, to be powerless and irrelevant and desire power and relevance...

But you won't. And so long as you don't you'll remain unfulfilled an unhappy...there. At least you've had it said to you once.

And that led to him spewing something or the other...and a good place to call it a day...
But TH......While we're on the topic...SPIT in His face when it...I would say look...

funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

Tomorrow? A darn case of the Mondays... :mmph:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Tuesday Night Gazette

Movie Reviews:
Ted: Unbearable. :plain:

Inquired at the root of chrys thread...
is the barbarian smarter than town?
Beats me. Could be. :idunno: I don't care. I doubt he does either.

The real question is why do you?

That led to...
Barbarian and TH are both vapid clowns.
You're lucky I don't understand what vapid means...I guess. Maybe. :think:

Nazaroo is smarter than both of them.
That goes without saying. Well, should have. :plain:

Great thread though, chrys. I can't wait for your "Who's holier?" follow up. That should be another humdinger.

Then AMR came clean...
If you insist.
I loved New Coke. But then again..

...I used to and still do believe Pepsi[FONT=&quot]®[/FONT] to be the best soda. ;)

AMR
Well that beats me all to pieces. :think: I wonder if chrys will start a thread "AMR or Town: which one can beat the other all to pieces?"

Because if he does it's going to be a bit anticlimactic now.

Made a few suggestions in the "If I owned TOL" thread and particularly...
I'd apply the rules of conduct evenly, because good rules deserve it and good people don't need protection from them.

I'd eliminate weighted rep power and give everyone a single pos or neg rep pt per post. I think that would be, over the long haul, much more reflective of a broad consensus on a poster.

And...
Oh, and I would insert grammatical errors and regionally inappropriate vernacular in LH's posts, especially the adding of your'un whenever possible.

Eeset was making the rounds...
Town you should write a blog. Maybe call it a gazette.
It isn't a blog. It's an invitation to laugh and follow a link to frequently interesting conversations going on in threads people might miss.

Cut snippets and respond as if they were complete texts. You know, like a parsemaster.
I presented your last two posts whole cloth. Nothing was cut out of your responses though you cobbled one of mine together without bothering to tell people you'd edited it. You should give yourself a talking to, if only to feel superior to someone. :plain:

Offered unclaimed bonus pts...because it seemed right...
Most of the time although, he does occasionally use a word that I have to look up :chuckle:
Chyrs, the champion of procellous wuthering, to wax musically, sort of...(bonus pts available).

Before CW made the young lawyer's mistake...
How long has it been since the last time you were suspended here?
Exactly the same interval as between my arrival and the first suspension...or, take your IQ, divide it in half (assuming it's possible) then multiply that by zero. I've never been in the ban box. I've had one infraction point in six years or so.

Thanks for asking. :thumb:

Tomorrow or the next? Awards, to be certain of.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All of TOL is waiting for you to be categorized according to the "program."

Any voluntary suggestions or confessions from you personally, before you get labelled by others?

Nang