toldailytopic: What keeps you coming back to Theology Online?

IXOYE

The hypocrisy.

It's a study in how it's ok to misrepresent a person, make false claims about them, but it's wrong to say that the person misrepresented and made false claims.

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 28th, 2013 06:02 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

IXOYE

Where are all the implied profanity
delusionists when you truly need them?

google skubalon.

You'd declare Paul not fit for the board. I think that says something about your theology. THEN read col 2 about rules made of men.

You can posture and act holy,

some want to be sincerely made holy.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The hypocrisy.

It's a study in how it's ok to misrepresent a person, make false claims about them, but it's wrong to say that the person misrepresented and made false claims.

We do love playing "catch the hypocrite" here, don't we? :chuckle:

And none of us aware of the beams in our eyes.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reasons I keep coming back to TOL
1. I can just be me with feeling a boot applied to my hinder parts.
2. TOL is insanely fun.
3. The knuckle heads--they are what make TOL insanely fun.
4. A close knit group of friends on here.
5. The site is run like no other--which makes it very fun.
6. Bob Enyart Live
7. Oh, and it is the best site on the web.

kayaker

As a follower of the Matthew 8:20 Jesus, I am blessed to find folk here occasionally willing to be a visitor to a Matthew 18:20 'church,' and discuss scripture. I don't go to 'church,' I have no interest in belonging to one. This is not negotiable, although I respect those who do belong. TOL is one church I attend.

This site is a great place to understand some of the fundamental differences in the body of Christ, when I can tolerate the back-biting and gnashing of teeth. This is a 'need to happen' scenario considering Matthew 18:6, 7. I've come to gain a better global perspective that many folk in all faiths have a 'convert or condemn' approach to 'church' and Christianity. I am blessed indeed, to find those more humble. The 'convert or condemn' objective is simply easier to accomplish anonymously on the net. I find it fascinatingly obvious that the great 'falling away' of the spirit only involves members belonging to that other 'church(s).'

There's a 50k population Bible belt town with a remarkably high ratio of attorneys per capita. There are so many attorneys they sue each other on a regular basis. I'm astonished to view Christianity in this light. It's not about burning a brighter candle, it's about fanning the others' out, instead of up. In various ways, darkness prevails. Prophesy fulfilled before our eyes. I come here seeking His light, and to share my perception of His light, and to have my understanding baptized in the fire, so to speak.

I come here for fellowship, not for salvation or conversion into a church. I was hoping to find just one person who understands John 8:30, 31, 32, strictly within the context of Jesus' divinity/authenticity argument between John 8:12, and John 8:47. Neither am I disappointed, nor surprised that I cannot. Such understanding appears to defy the very boundaries of 'church.' Yet, there are those here willing to discuss fascinating scripture, but so much seems bound within the confines of church doctrine and interpretation.

I come here because I can remain a Matthew 8:20 Christian.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

For the most part, the knowledgeable folks here.
And the fact that it is not so rigid that you have to walk on eggshells.

I learn things.
And I can share what I have learned.

Oh, and I can have a good laugh now and then, look at pretty pictures now and then, and meet some really neat folks.

Thunder's Muse

There is a lot about TOL that drives me crazy but it's the people and the bonds I've formed over the last...how many years is it?..8 or something. That's what keeps me coming back.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Force of Habit.

It is also a forum that lets you speak your mind without being banned without warning.

The topics are interesting.

IMJerusha

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 28th, 2013 06:02 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Oh dear, I hope that's not a hint of some sort! :noid:

I am here and I stay here because I have been treated with kindness by the majority. That means a lot to me.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:AMR: Wait...I don't have to?

Yameen all this time I've.?..every day..?.and I didn't even...? :think:

Well ain't that a kick in the head. :plain:

keypurr

TOL never ever bans a person without proper warnings?

I'm surprised that I'm still here. I debate against tradition and sometimes get folks stirred up a bit, but the fine folks at the Denver church let me stay. Maybe its because I love all the people who agree to disagree with me. Where else can one go and let you hair down to discuss what is really in your heart about God.