toldailytopic: What have you checked off your bucket list? What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

No bucket list as yet, but I have had some pretty amazing life experiences, in my humble opinion.

-Stood atop one of the WTC towers in May, 2001
-see the Statue of Liberty

I've done those and The Empire State building as well. I lived in New York from 2000 to January 2001. It's amazing to look down and see everything look like a flat painting. Then when you are on the ferry going across to the SoL, it's amazing as it gets closer haha.

Stuff I still want to do:
-see Mount Rushmore
-see Yosemite and Yellowstone
-travel to England to see the homes of the Inklings and visit the historical home of Freddy Mercury
-travel to Finland to see Rajaton in concert
-see the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame
-see Graceland
-eat at every BBQ place Guy Fieri has ever featured (one down!)
I've not done any of those but they sound like greats things to do. I may just add a couple of them to my list :eek: .

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I have:
Found a girl who liked me enough to marry me
Had two kids (she did most of the work)
Scuba dived a good bit
Been to Hawaii
Been to Disney World
Been to Carlsbad Caverns
Been to Yellowstone Park
Seen Rodney Dangerfield walk through a Hotel Lobby
Killed a rattle snake
Skinned a rattle snake
Shined a flood light in the face of a 20yr old Mexican Federali holding an M-16 at night. (was an accident, made me VERY nervous)
Met Knight!
Which reminds me, smoked a Cuban cigar :)

(most of those were random thoughts of things that are sort of uncommon, but cool to do, not meant to be serious :) )

I'd like to:
Go on a cruise
fly a glider
sky dive
Convert Hilston to Open Theism
See New York city
Go somewhere across the ocean ( any ocean )
Go to Alaska
Other stuff
(oh, going to see Judas Priest for the first time on their final tour in November will be a check box filled, been a fan since the early 80's and never seen them lol)

Im sure I could do better but thats a decent list for me

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'd love to go to Nicaragua or the Dominican Republic and learn how to make cigars.

Maybe Padron does cigar tours, kind of like the wineries here in CA :think:. The best part would be the tastings Mmmmm.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I don't have a list currently I have so many irons in the fire who has time. The wife and I are embarking on the total kitchen remodel in the fall so there goes a chunk of money. I plan to take the family to Disneyland this year and my boys are bugging me to death to get my bass boat out and take them fishing. I am finishing up recarpeting the boat and some upgrades, as soon as that is finished jerking fish with my boys will take first chair.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have about twenty or so dirty 5 Gal buckets that I hope to appropriately dispose of this summer.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing left on my list but to complete some readings of too many books on my shelves, and pull together about a half a dozen collected writings into books for Lulu. ;)

AMR

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I spent the day riding roller coasters at Six Flags in Dallas. They have a great line up of coasters and nobody in my family will ride them with me. So when I had the chance, I did it. And I loved every single second of it!

And yes, I have a bucket list. Whats next? Successfully train my horse to keep her gait. Sounds goofy but it is a challenge and I enjoy it.

After that. See some Castles in Europe.

bybee

I'd like to go to Ireland. Mainly to visit with the people. I'd do a Pub tour, drink a little beer and talk smart with the locals. I'd listen to music and sing along with maybe a little tear in my eye for all the sad stories. Then I'd clap my hands and cheer for the dancers.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Will be starting off on my last "Bucket List" item in August.

A motorcycle ride from Florida to Sturgis S.D. for the biggest bike rally in the country, a 3200 mile round trip event, will be taking my time and seeing all the sights in between.

Really looking forward to the "Black Hills" and all the monuments there!

Domesticated

I'd like to go to Ireland. Mainly to visit with the people. I'd do a Pub tour, drink a little beer and talk smart with the locals. I'd listen to music and sing along with maybe a little tear in my eye for all the sad stories. Then I'd clap my hands and cheer for the dancers.
I glanced through all the things listed so far and none of them caught my fancy. Hang gliding over the grand canyon or whatever, that's not my thing.

This caught my eye. This I want to do. Thanks, bybee. That got a "oooh!" out of me and made me smile a bit.

bybee

Will be starting off on my last "Bucket List" item in August.

A motorcycle ride from Florida to Sturgis S.D. for the biggest bike rally in the country, a 3200 mile round trip event, will be taking my time and seeing all the sights in between.

Really looking forward to the "Black Hills" and all the monuments there!

Some of my children might be there at the same time. Many blessings to all of you!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what's on my bucket list. :idunno:

I've been to England which is a place I'd always wanted to go.

I think most of my list would be traveling. I want to visit...

Machu Pichu
Norway
Austratlia
Egypt

Fenway Park (Wrigley Field and old Yankee Stadium are checked off my list already)

Grand Canyon

The biggest item on my list is probably to go to space. :think:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Some of my children might be there at the same time. Many blessings to all of you!

May your family have a fun and safe journey, returning home all sunburned and grinning from ear to ear (in order to show off the bugs in their teeth)!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What have you checked off your bucket list? What's next?

Now on the list...

:green: The Chili Bowl in January :checker:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I think most of my list would be traveling. I want to visit...

Machu Pichu
Norway
Austratlia
Egypt

Fenway Park (Wrigley Field and old Yankee Stadium are checked off my list already)

Grand Canyon

Mere changes in scenery. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.