toldailytopic: What have you checked off your bucket list? What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 29th, 2011 11:01 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sea World, Disney Land, Yosemite, and I even sailed on an Aircraft Carrier. Next is a cruise to Alaska.

Sea World was an interesting experience: Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish? :chuckle:

elohiym

I went cavern diving in Mexico. Next is getting a motorcycle if I can sneak it past my wife.

Two adventures I've considered adding to my list, but haven't as of yet.

I went scuba diving off Guanaja, in the Bay Islands of Honduras many moons ago. It is one of the best dive locations in the world, with incredible dives like The Jado Trader, Jim's Siverload, Black Rock Canyons and Virtigo (where I experienced nitrogen narcosis :dizzy:). Consider adding Guanaja to your bucket list.

Next dive adventure on my bucket list is the Great Barrier Reef, Australia.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Checked off:
  1. Get the NHM of Texas Conference ready and set-up for October
  2. Mrs Psalmist's cataract surgery both eyes
  3. Add two more nursing homes, a hospital, a rehab center to our visitation list
On the list:
  1. A trip to Ohio and Indiana
  2. A trip to Denver
  3. Finish my "Verses and Songs of Praise" booklet
1 and 2 could be reversed​

elohiym

I'd love to go to Nicaragua or the Dominican Republic and learn how to make cigars.

I bet that would be easy to set up, if there wasn't already some cigar-making tour that existed for cigar affectionados. If there wasn't some existing tour, you could organize one with like-minded individuals and probably travel for free. For example, when I was in Guanaja, the manager of the resort I stayed at offered me free accommodations if I would bring a small tour to his resort.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I bet that would be easy to set up, if there wasn't already some cigar-making tour that existed for cigar affectionados. If there wasn't some existing tour, you could organize one with like-minded individuals and probably travel for free. For example, when I was in Guanaja, the manager of the resort I stayed at offered me free accommodations if I would bring a small tour to his resort.
There are several cigar tours you can take. Wouldn't it be cool to wander through the tobacco fields and tour the fermenting barns?

Son of Jack

Checked off:

1. Play basketball against major Division 1 basketball players.
2. Spend a week in NYC.
3. Make it out of the French Quarter alive.:chuckle:
4. Snorkel in Mexico.
5. Climb a mountain.

Still waiting:

1. Travel to Europe (in particular, England, Scotland, and Ireland).
2. Write a book (I have several already written in my head:p).
3. Open my own counseling firm.
4. Be at a Superbowl.
5. Watch my Alma Mater win a national championship in any of the big three sports.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I'm an elderly widow woman on a very limited income.
I have to save up for awhile to be able to do anything special.

I don't think I'm physically able anymore to go hiking through the Grand Canyon, so I'm gonna have to scratch that off my list.

Right now I am saving to become a subscriber here on TOL.
I really like the site and that is something I would enjoy and can do from the comfort of home.

KeithB

Last year we went on a cruise. Loved it so much we are going to take another one in the fall.

We cruised Hawaii in 2005 and Alaska in 2010. I would recommend these. My bucket list is to enjoy every day until I kick the bucket.:)

Buzzword

No bucket list as yet, but I have had some pretty amazing life experiences, in my humble opinion.

-Stood atop one of the WTC towers in May, 2001
-see the Grand Canyon
-stand on Pacific and Atlantic beaches
-see the Country Music Hall of Fame (this past Saturday)
-visit southern Mexico and see just how many people speak English down there
-see every memorial in D.C. except the new WWII memorial (they were building it when I was there)
-see the Gettysburg battlefield
-see every single Revolutionary War historical site in Philadelphia
-see the Statue of Liberty
-see the Gateway Arch
-take a cruise (to Cozumel)
-stand atop a mountain (Pike's Peak)
-cross the Mississippi River

Stuff I still want to do:
-see Mount Rushmore
-see Yosemite and Yellowstone
-travel to England to see the homes of the Inklings and visit the historical home of Freddy Mercury
-travel to Finland to see Rajaton in concert
-see the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame
-see Graceland
-eat at every BBQ place Guy Fieri has ever featured (one down!)

Status
Not open for further replies.