toldailytopic: TOL favorites. Which TOL'ers do you make a point of reading their post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Jack

I just click on threads that sound interesting. I don't really go looking for anybody in particular, although there are a lot of good posters here.

I often like your posts.:e4e:

I agree with TH though. I have certain interests that I share with several other posters that I have a tendency to read. I prefer philosophical theological topics and engaging the unbeliever in discussion/debate.

Alate_One

I tend to follow thread subject first and poster later. But if I see a poster I like in a thread I wouldn't normally be interested in, I may jump in.

But my favorite posters in no particular order are . . . .
Kmoney
The Barbarian (back when he still posted)
Plastik buddah
gsweet
chair
Son of Jack
Selaphiel
Arthur Brain
Town Heretic

and I'm sure I've forgotten some people. :) Like most have already pointed out I don't necessarily agree with everything they have to say but usually they say it in an enlightening or interesting way.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
My time allocated for TOL is limited so I mostly just read. And, I read according to subject...usually. However, I am often drawn to a thread because of one poster. He cracks me up. Please don't ask me why; I can't explain it.

That poster:

Stripe

Son of Jack

My time allocated for TOL is limited so I mostly just read. And, I read according to subject...usually. However, I am often drawn to a thread because of one poster. He cracks me up. Please don't ask me why; I can't explain it.

That poster:

Stripe

I like Stripe as well...and I can't explain it. Maybe it's because I can't quite put my finger on him...:idunno: But, I agree. He makes me laugh...sometimes.:noid:

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That poster:

Stripe

I like Stripe as well...and I can't explain it. Maybe it's because I can't quite my finger on him...:idunno: But, I agree. He makes me laugh...sometimes.:noid:

It's the New Zealand accent. :D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Arthur Brain
Jackson
Thunder's Muse
Kmoney
Johana
Town Heretic
Assuranceagent
Son of Jack
Zoo22
Wizard of Oz
Fool
Granite
Traditio
Lightbringer
PlastikBuddha
Emeth
Bybee
Cattyfan
Gerald
Knight
Allsmiles
Poly
Delmar
Selaphiel
Nori
Ktoyou
BabyChristian
Sweet Pea
Freelight
Mr. Beeks
Karl der Grosse

Being that there are so many posters I enjoy reading, no doubt I have missed a few.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I spend 99% of my time in the Exclusively Christian section, so there are many TOL’ers I don’t know. Therefore my list of those whose posts I enjoy:

STP (the best at defending MAD)

Ask Mr Religion (the best at defending Calvinism)

Muz (always backs up what he says with scripture)

Andy C (the best at defending the Pentys)

Hilston (I get to learn new words)

Godrulz( I get a didactic view of things)

John W, Butterfly, Lighthouse, and Nick M; because getting called a moron, idiot, and filthy pig on a daily basis keeps me humbled

Arthur Brain

Plastik Buddha
TH
Alate One
Rusha
Granite
zoo22
Dave Miller
Freelight
Cracked
Selaphiel
Thunders Muse
Tom O
Kmoney
Zippy
Son of Jack
Johana
Nicholsmom
Bybee
Wizard of Oz
Ktoyou
Assuranceagent
Chrysostom

There'll be plenty of others too although special mention for B52 attack squadron and Serpent:duh:

:eek:

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, Stripe, Enyart, Poly, Turbo, Chickenman, Delmar, so many others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Also, Alate_one, and a few others on the other side, but not many of them.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete
Turbo
Knight
Lucky
Vaquero45
One Eyed Jack
Delmar
PLGW
GuySmiley
Lion
Prisca
Jefferson
Chickenman
Stipe
Nicholsmom
Rusha
elohiym
Graphite
Sozo
Yorzhik
Chatmaggot
Random
MaryContrary
Nineveh
Adambassador
Psalmist
TomO

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How could I forget Squeaky??! :doh:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete
Turbo
Knight
Lucky
Vaquero45
One Eyed Jack
Delmar
PLGW
GuySmiley
Lion
Prisca
Jefferson
Chickenman
Stipe
Nicholsmom
Rusha
elohiym
Graphite
Sozo
Yorzhik
Chatmaggot
Random
MaryContrary
Nineveh
Adambassador
Psalmist
TomO

That is a pretty good list! There are a few more that don't come around much anymore but I check on, from time to time, to see if there is anything new from them.

CRASH
Dread Helm
Turbo
You did mention One Eyed Jack but I'm going to mention him again because when I first came to TOL I modeled my posting style after his just a bit. Straight to to point. Not a lot of extra words. Very high smack to paragraph ratio!

rexlunae

The advantage of posting late to these sorts of threads is that you get to steal other people's lists for yourself. That being said, I'm certain I'll miss a few people, and I hope they don't take the omission as an indication of disinterest. I really follow threads, not people, most of the time (unless someone gets banned) and I find that most people have something interesting to say in the right context.

Town Heretic (who doesn't like him?)
WandererInFog (one of my favorite conservative voices around here)
Son of Jack
Kmoney
Wizard of Oz
Granite
allsmiles (takes on religion on its own terms)
EMETH
nicholsmom (when she's around. We don't agree much, but it's still a fruitful discussion)
Assuranceagent (another good conservative)
cattyfan
TomO (entertaining and insightful)
zoo22
chair (I really appreciate his perspective)
Traditio (usually wrong, but usually entertaining)
Johana (not around nearly enough)
Ktoyou
chickenman
fool
Gerald
The Barbarian
Evoken
Spitfire
annabenedetti
MaryContrary
chatmaggot
One Eyed Jack
andyc
ThePhy
GeneCosta
Cracked
Tyrathca
HappyCetacean (She's so much more knowledgeable than I am about science)
Persephone
Memento Mori

This is really turning out to be a list of everyone. Really, there are only a few people around here that I don't find that interesting. Mostly, I just ignore them. So really, the way to know if I find someone worth following is to see who I respond to in the threads.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
these are my favorites

rexlunae
Poly
Arthur Bain
tetelestai
SaulToPaul
Alate_One
Selaphiel
The Graphite
Thunder’s Muze