toldailytopic: TOL favorites. Which TOL'ers do you make a point of reading their post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 3rd, 2010 12:57 PM

toldailytopic: TOL favorites. Which TOL'ers do you make a point of reading their posts and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Tico

El Hombre de Pollo--I usually learn something new
STP--uses the Bible
John W--very witty
Clete--takes no prisoners
Prolifeguyswife--thoughtful posts

Chrysostom--

I generally
Haikus

Son of Jack

There are a few I always try to find, opinions that I value for different reasons (not always because I agree with them):

Psalmist
assuranceagent
Ask Mr. Religion
Town Heretic
TomO
bybee
Rusha
rexlunae
annabenedetti
Evoken
PlastikaBuddha
Lon
Thunder's Muse
Selaphiel
mmstroud
zippy2006
Knight (I'm such a stuck up:loser:)
zoo22

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will always stop to read a post by Poly, Turbo or Lucky.

Clete's posts catch my attention for sure as does Mary Contrary's and Nineveh's.

I enjoy Stripe's posts as well as assuranceagents. Chickenman and Psalmist never disappoint. Chatmaggot is great and I also enjoy Town Heretic's posts. Guy Smiley is a sure-fire hit maker and CabinetMaker is also a great poster.

More to follow....

Cracked

TH, The Berean, Zoo22, Arthur Brain, Grayven, Tom O, Plastic Buddha, Jackson, Selaphiel, kmoney, zoo22, WizardofOz, Tetelestai, andyc, adoration, many others...

GuySmiley

Clete, Hilston, Turbo, Bob Enyart . . . becasue they are always brilliant. I wish they were all around more often.

Town Heretic, Knight, Poly, chatmaggot . . . becaue they are also brilliant, and are around often.

Lucky, Wamba, fool . . . always bring common sense to a conversation, I really appreciate that. Wamba especially has his own take on things and is never afraid to disagree, even when he agrees with them in general.

Vaquero45 . . . always sees through to the root of the issue.

kmoney, TheBerean, assuranceagent, Granite, Adambassador, Stripe, Sozo(or his current name), Graphite, Allsmiles, Cabinet Maker, One Eyed Jack, Yorzhik. . . still thinking, because all these people are always interesting for varying reasons :).

I'm sure I'm forgetting people, I'll edit as I remember.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo is one of my all-time favorite posters and I have learned a great deal from him. I wish he could keep his emotions in check because he has a ton to share.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Birds of a feather flock together. Bonus points to my fellow Pentecostals. Double points if you are Open Theist and Pentecostal (rare duck). :banana:

Academy/Razzie awards:

godrulz- I read his posts to check for spelling errors. :idea:

Muz- Open Theist, intelligent, educated.

johnw- king of spam and harassment; still reading trying to find evidence of intelligent life. Honorable mention to STP who is not as bad, but still a fiend more than a friend.:kookoo: Oh, Voltaire, can't forget you and Nick M. Boo MAD and KJV-only.

beloved57- I enjoy banging my head against the wall in disbelief. Honorable mention to Nang and Jobeth for same reason. Boo Calvinism, especially hyper-Calvinism.:mad:

butterfly- hate to let his vapid accusations go uncorrected (easy to correct since they are so lame and false). Honorable mention to sozo: what is life without a nemesis? :mad:

keypurr, Tom Dillon, jerzy, etc.- give me a raison d'etre, opposing attacks on the precious doctrine of God. Boo Arianism, Unitarianism, universalism.:yawn:

penofareadywriter: heart after God, faithful brother, despite our minor differences.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:think: There are definitely some people I have come to follow around. At the risk of leaving some out, in no particular order, and to greater or lesser degrees....

Town Heretic (when his posts don't go over my head ;) )
Son of Jack
Alate One
Selaphiel
WandererInFog
Granite
rexlunae
Rusha
ThePhy
elohiym
Sozo
WizardofOz
MrRadish
SeekingAnswers
TheBerean
TomO
PlastikBuddha
GeneCosta
the_muz
zoo
doc
:STP:
:chicken:
godrulz
insuranceagent
cracked

I don't see Lucky, Guy, or fool very often but their posts crack me up sometimes. :chuckle:

Thunder's Muse

Well, it's good to see that 1 person reads my posts... :D

Anyhoo.... I always look for posts by:

Town Heretic
Assuranceagent
Son of Jack
Arthur Brain
Jackson
Fool
kmoney
Persephone
Rusha
Johana
The Berean
Plastic Buddha
ktoyou
CSU Guy
Sozo/Door/whateverhisnameis
Knight
Chickenman
keypurr
Mary Contrary
Tyrathca
Alate one

heck..why don't I just say every person on TOL..might be easier :D

Last edited:

Ecumenicist

I usually look at The Berean's posts as well, he asks good questions.

While Berean asks good questions, I like Town Heretic's answers, they are usually fair and sometimes light hearted, which is refreshing.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For starters . . .
  • Town Heretic
  • Assuranceagent
  • annabenedetti,
  • bybee
  • ARM...No... It's AMR...You know Ask Mister Religion
  • Cabinet Maker
  • Knight
  • cattyfan
  • ebenz . . .
  • Poly
  • Son of Jack
  • Arthur Brain
  • Jackson
  • The Berean
  • ktoyou
  • CSU Guy
  • Sozo/Door/whateverhisnameis
  • Chickenman
  • Mary Contrary
  • Thunder's Muse
  • Psalmist to check for spelling and format

• And host of others, I'll check my friend list.

So that's it for now, because it would be a never ending list.​

Last edited:

Selaphiel

Son of Jack
Town Heretic
Alate_One
Cracked
seekinganswers
zoo22
Wessex Man
PlastikBuddha
bybee
Arthur Brain
csguy
kmoney
Psalmist
annabenedetti
WizardofOz
godrulz
Granite
Chickenman
fool
Ktoyou
freelight
noguru
Rusha
rexlunae

Don't agree on everything all of these people have to say, but I greatly value their respectful and intelligent form of communication on this forum.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I begin my days with Psalmist's devotional thread, which I enjoy a great deal. But mostly with me it's a matter of clicking through the threads I find interesting. The people I enjoy reading have a habit of being similarly interested and so I tend to run into them without attempting to hunt anyone down in particular...

If I started a list it would look a great deal like my friends list. The lion's share of people previously listed and making lists would be on it. If you've been rep'd by me (even if it looked like an aside unrelated to the post :D) it's a sign that I pay attention to what you have to say around here. I read a good bit of what's posted, even though I don't always enter into the discourse.

I think I'll hold off on a listing off the cuff, for fear of missing someone. I may attempt a full examination of my friends' list with a quick line at some point. A few of you might recall I did something like that a while back...

I've lost track and touch with some of my favorites. I haven't seen Delmar is a while, was pleasantly surprised to note Layla passing through again after a long absence.

TM I always read you when I see you. So there, I just doubled your audience. :chuckle:

Does anyone else think Zeke might be sweet on katie? :think:

And who is this godrulz character and when did he get here? :idunno:

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Short list:

I like reading Knight's posts... Whenever there's a debate that's long and convoluted, Knight always has a way of boiling it down into a concise argument. I also have always appreciated his use of bold text. :D

Town Heretic is always an interesting read, Guysmiley is always good for a laugh and whenever Turbo's around he's a great read.

The Graphite

Guy Smiley
Stripe
Turbo
Town Heretic
PlastikBuddha
Bybee
Csguy
Kmoney
Psalmist
Godrulz
Chickenman
Chatmaggot
Ktoyou
Sozo/Door/Nom du jour
The Berean
Muz
STP
Prolifeguyswife

Special nods include:

Vaquero and Adambassador are brothers in arms! In fact, worked in part-time ministry with Adam for years, and he was best man at my wedding! And a tip of the hat to Hoosiermommy!

Elohiym, my drinking buddy!

Death2Impiety and Maximeee attend my church, and they're good friends!

Knight, who runs an awesome sight, and when he speaks, people listen

Bob Enyart needs no introduction, of course.

Surely I'm forgetting someone(s)...

Status
Not open for further replies.