toldailytopic: The unequally yoked. Are you married to somebody who has a different r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 18th, 2010 10:03 AM

toldailytopic: The unequally yoked. Are you married to somebody who has a different religious, philosophical, or political, world view?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My wife and I are equally yoked, we always have been. Even though when we were married we were both unbelievers and now we are Christians.

Our yolks are so equal... we are like an omelet.

It's awesome having a wife that is such a good mom, beautiful and energetic, yet also a staunch conservative Christian with old fashioned values.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My wife and I are remarkably compatible. Sorry I don't have anything more interesting to report...:idunno:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unequal yoke makes Christians go backwards. Don't do it. :nono:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
My wife and I are remarkably compatible. Sorry I don't have anything more interesting to report...:idunno:

Are you still a Satanist? I just noticed you changed your designation.
If so, what does she feel about that?

If not, did you change because of her? :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Are you still a Satanist? I just noticed you changed your designation.
If so, what does she feel about that?

If not, did you change because of her? :chuckle:

I did change it, yes. She wasn't fazed by that when we met but I didn't change that (directly) because of her.

elohiym

My wife is awesome! :cloud9:

We are equally yoked.

I got exactly the person I prayed for. Thank you, LORD!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are opposites in personality. She has to talk to everybody. I don't say anything unless it is worth saying. Except when I get carried away about things that don't matter.

As for ideals, we were close. Now I have her convinced. :reals:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
We are opposites in personality. She has to talk to everybody. I don't say anything unless it is worth saying. Except when I get carried away about things that don't matter.

As for ideals, we were close. Now I have her convinced. :reals:

Did you convince her through a lot of name-calling and degrading comments?

taikoo

My boyfriend is what he calls a "recovering catholic" and his term for me is jack-buddhist.

And we are from opposite sides of the world.

I couldnt ask for a better companion.

mighty_duck

Mrs Duck is very spiritual, strongly believes in God, and is pro-life. We disagree on those points, among others.

We do agree, however, that she makes all the decisions, so she doesn't mind if I vent my opposing views on TOL :eek:

Seriously, I think we both learn from each other and compliment each other. It prevents either of us from going off the deep end. There are some issues regarding how we educate our kids on these matters, and we have quietly agreed to each give their side of the story while keeping it somewhat hazy or open ended and letting the kids decide for themselves when they're a bit older. Being exposed to different viewpoints is a good thing IMO.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Mrs Duck is very spiritual, strongly believes in God, and is pro-life. We disagree on those points, among others.

We do agree, however, that she makes all the decisions, so she doesn't mind if I vent my opposing views on TOL :eek:

Seriously, I think we both learn from each other and compliment each other. It prevents either of us from going off the deep end. There are some issues regarding how we educate our kids on these matters, and we have quietly agreed to each give their side of the story while keeping it somewhat hazy or open ended and letting the kids decide for themselves when they're a bit older. Being exposed to different viewpoints is a good thing IMO.

Did she have those opposing views when you met and starting our relationship? Or did she become spiritual and pro-life after it started?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Is her name Deborah?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: Well...my wife is the uber type A in the family and a die hard liberal who laughs her keyster off every time someone around here tries to paint me into that corner...but we're both Christian. While unconvinced when we met, I think she realized quickly enough that marrying me would require God's help and a real understanding of mercy.

Mostly I make her laugh...mostly when I mean to. And she keeps me from losing everything that isn't attached. So it's a win/win. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.