toldailytopic: The unequally yoked. Are you married to somebody who has a different r

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty_duck

Did she have those opposing views when you met and starting our relationship? Or did she become spiritual and pro-life after it started?
She's always been that way.

Every now and again she flirts with the idea becoming stronger in her faith (I think she does this to tease me more than anything), after which I counter with the idea of becoming a Sam Harris "new atheist", and we both back down :D

Like I said, we have a tendency to balance each other out, in many ways.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: The unequally yoked. Are you married to somebody who has a different religious, philosophical, or political, world view?

We met at church in 1959, fairly equal.

All things be fairly equal we were married in 1963.

So there hasn't been much that we are not equally yoked on.

It's the little things I suppose, the Scriptures it the little foxes that spoil the vines, there is no small fox (issue) that I'm going let spoil our vine (marriage) for any reason.

Mrs Psalmist :hetro: Psalmist

:BRAVO: :straight: :cloud9:

:the_wave:​

Son of Jack

God has blessed me with someone who has faith easily. She has been the embodiment of Christ for me on more than one occasion. I'm grateful to say the least.:)

mighty_duck

Dena

I'm converting to Judaism.
He's an atheist.
We're both Libertarians but I tend to be a bit more liberal and more concerned with environmental issues.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's always been that way. Every now and again she flirts with the idea becoming stronger in her faith (I think she does this to tease me more than anything), after which I counter with the idea of becoming a Sam Harris "new atheist", and we both back down : D Like I said, we have a tendency to balance each other out, in many ways.
Do you enjoy the fact that you are holding her back from all she could be?

Quincy

I was married to a young lady who was from a muslim background but me and her were pretty much the same in probably way too many ways. Both non-believers, both independant/pragmatic political views and all that jazz. Our only problem was her family and our difference in diets. Other than her father and her brother they all thought I was satan. I loved her father though, he was the coolest dude ever. I never ever ever got over the food though. That stuff is not for my taste.

The Berean

I was married to a young lady who was from a muslim background but me and her were pretty much the same in probably way too many ways. Both non-believers, both independant/pragmatic political views and all that jazz. Our only problem was her family and our difference in diets. Other than her father and her brother they all thought I was satan. I loved her father though, he was the coolest dude ever. I never ever ever got over the food though. That stuff is not for my taste.

Specifically what food?

Quincy

Specifically what food?

The only one I liked was the Chelow kababs. I tried lots of stuff like sabzi, aash and there was something I don't know how to spell but I think it would go something like khorest and I could never develop a taste for it. I also really didn't like safron. It was pretty hard to have diner with them. I never wanted to insult anyone but it was kind of hard not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.