toldailytopic: The best pet I ever owned was/is...

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
I once had a pet dog who was a Liberal.

He wanted universal veterinary care for all dogs everywhere.

He contstantly begged for free treats and food for all the community dogs.

He only allowed me to use plant-based, biodegradable poop bags.

He was constantly inviting cats over to the house and demanded an end to the war of dogs vs. cats.

He insisted that I purchase a bird bath for illegal migratory birds.

He protested the 2nd dog amendment right to bare teeth and claws.

He fought against the idea that animal matrimony should only happen between two dogs or two cats.

I finally had to get rid of him.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I've never considered this before but I guess animals are capable of acquiring mental health diseases.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The best pet I ever owned is my horse Mariah that I own now. It is more fun, and work, than I ever imagined but it is also rewarding. We recently won 3rd place in an obstacle course.

Dena

A dog named Benji. He was some sort of maltese, poodle and whatever mix. My parents found him before I was born and he lived 19 years. Even survived being shot in the face. He was super gentle and never got into trouble. We had to put him down 17 years ago and I still cry if I think about it. I want another dog...but then again, maybe I shouldn't. I've been considering fostering.

I've had a sweet cat but she had potty issues. I had a very lovable horse too...and a couple very stubborn horses.

eameece

He was constantly inviting cats over to the house and demanded an end to the war of dogs vs. cats.

He fought against the idea that animal matrimony should only happen between two dogs or two cats.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/103262.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I did have a dog that was a liberal too. He insisted on doing his bit in the basement despite every attempt to housebreak him.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I've had pretty much everything.... fish, scorpion, tarantula, geckos, iguanas, snakes, frogs, hermit crabs, cockatoo, hamsters, dogs, never a cat though.

My favorite was my pair of Oscars, big tropical fish in a 55gal tank. They were fun, I swear they watched TV. Had them in a tank with a big redtail catfish and a Royal Knife. Was a really cool fish tank. Relaxing to sit and watch, and pretty easy care.

Lon

Alright, a bit off topic: My favorite pet a friend had: A flying squirrel. It was a baby and adorable. It became incredibly active at night so the kid looked terrible in the mornings but I liked it because I didn't have to sleep there :D

OMEGA

My Cat " O.J. Maximillian " who died of a broken heart

over his sweetheart " Misty pussbear " .

sky.

BANNED
Banned
You were supposed to pick one!

Currently I think that my sons puppy who isn't quite a pup these days is my favorite pet. They call him my "grand pup". Had never heard of that before but I guess it's OK for now.

I am watching him for 3 days starting on Friday. I guess that's what parents do.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have my third yellow lab in about 35 years. He's around five now. All three have been very similar. Can't beat 'em!

One Eyed Jack

Alright, a bit off topic: My favorite pet a friend had: A flying squirrel. It was a baby and adorable. It became incredibly active at night so the kid looked terrible in the mornings but I liked it because I didn't have to sleep there :D

My dad had a flying squirrel as a kid. I'm surprised my grandmother let him keep it in the house.