toldailytopic: The best pet I ever owned was/is...

bybee

My pitbull!

She's a loving, sweet, goofy, playful creature. Often willful, but a very good girl. Quite sharp. A true ambassador for her breed.

My daughter's Pitbull, named Primo, is a loving, laidback, magnificent animal who has been adored by the whole family. He will sit up in a chair and let the girls paint his fingernails, all the while sporting a long-suffering look on his face.
I love that guy!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Everyone believes that their dog is the smartest, most handsome and intelligent dog who ever lived, but my dog was...he really was.

Major was a cross between labrador and spaniel, he had all the best instincts and characteristics of both, brave and strong but soppy and doting.
I never taught him to do tricks [for he was MY dog] I taught him to understand speech, and provided you were not discussing politics or religion he could understand what people were saying. aw he was lovely big brown with a white blaze, he could pick his ears up like a labrador or let them down and rolled back like a soppy spaniel.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone believes that their dog is the smartest, most handsome and intelligent dog who ever lived, but my dog was...he really was.

Major was a cross between labrador and spaniel, he had all the best instincts and characteristics of both, brave and strong but soppy and doting.
I never taught him to do tricks [for he was MY dog] I taught him to understand speech, and provided you were not discussing politics or religion he could understand what people were saying. aw he was lovely big brown with a white blaze, he could pick his ears up like a labrador or let them down and rolled back like a soppy spaniel.
My current dog Ziggy is a Lad Springer Spaniel mix. He is the smartest dog I have ever seen, but he is stubborn! Plus he doesn't warm up my visitors as quickly as I would like him to. George was not as smart as Ziggy,m but everybody loved him!

genuineoriginal

My dad had a flying squirrel as a kid. I'm surprised my grandmother let him keep it in the house.

Rocky?
rockysquirrel.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've had all kinds of pets...

Iguana's, Savanah Monitors, Bearded Dragon, Toads, Frogs, Snakes, etc.

So basicaly you are a mainstream pet lover.

The best pet was Shadow. July 23, 1995-April 10, 2010.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My current dog Ziggy is a Lad Springer Spaniel mix. He is the smartest dog I have ever seen, but he is stubborn! Plus he doesn't warm up my visitors as quickly as I would like him to. George was not as smart as Ziggy,m but everybody loved him!

I love it when they put their paws out when they they don't want to go somewhere :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I once had a goldfish that lived more than a week. I was seriously thinking about giving it a name, but then it went belly up.

Wah, a friend trusted me with her prized goldfish to look after when she went on holiday....it went belly up and died. She had had it for years.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I had a tortoise once, he gravitated like a magnet to the garden fence and started burrowing under.....couldn't stand my religion I think.

I was glad when he finally escaped.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I taught my parents dog to pick up things off the floor and put them in the waste basket
and
later on when my mother was terminally sick she used that dog to help her clean up

sky.

BANNED
Banned
In case anyone was wondering the watching of the "grand pup" is going pretty good. We almost called the cops on him last night but I took control and it all worked out. Dogs are funny this one bonds fast with males and deep with females. He only really talks to me but maybe it's just that I hear him.

----------------

On another note I don't think that flying squirrels belong inside and a child should be warned before hand that a squirrel can fly especially if they have grown up with just the main stream tree squirrel.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We've been talking (Mrs Psalmist and me), and we think we decided to get another cat. It's been since 2003, we had Midnight until then.

Not sure about what variety of cat, but we've decided on a name...

Nanny McPhee ... Oh, how fun :cool: ... :jump:

I favor the Maine Coon cats and the black long hair cats, Mrs Psalmist thought maybe we could get a Siamese cat.