toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 4th, 2012 12:14 AM

toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fiscally and socially conservative. I can support a guy like Rick Santorum. I'm actually excited about this and I rarely get excited about politics.

eameece

I predicted this; not here I don't think, but in another forum, before his surge, because Jupiter is in his sign. He is the only one among the candidates with lucky Jupiter now in their sun sign. But he will fade like all the others, after March if not before. He is the latest and probably the last "non-romney" Republican to emerge as the crazy right-wing's candidate. The GOP will settle for Romney, and Obama will defeat him.

Santorum is a reasonably honest and sincere candidate, with a sharp and reckless tongue, and consistently wrong on everything-- too conservative even for America. He is good at speaking to groups, but whether he has the skill to put together a good campaign we don't know yet. According to my crystal ball, he has no chance to win.

Christ's Word

I say... bring it!

I'm sick of trying to make the left like us. This is war. We have a country to save. Who's with me????

I am 100 % with you! Rich Santorum is a great result in Iowa. It could have been much worse. Now the key will be to push some of the super pacs his way and get him some operating capital so he can get the train rolling. His one weakness is his spending record and earmarks, I hope he has a good defense for that, and revises his tax plan some. I can definitely get behind this guy, if for no other reason he is strong on national defense and ethics.

Top ten reason Santorum is the man!

10. A family man with family values

9. He takes his kids pheasant hunting

8. His wife has values too

7. He wants a flat tax

6. He wants to flatten Obama

5. He cares about our Bill of Rights

4. He understands our country was founded on Judeo Christian principles

3. He wears less makeup than Michelle Bachman

2. He won't compromise with the left like Romney

1. Common sense. He won't give a loaded machine gun to his youngest child or a nuclear weapon to Allah's children.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I say...I'm sick of trying to make the left like us.
If that's what you guys were up to the last couple of decades then yes, you should definitely stop doing that.

:D

In fairness the left seemed a bit like Faulkner's Northern racist during that same stretch, loving in the general rhetorical sense and nasty as Washington's dentures up close.

This is war.
More like a reenactment where none of the actors realize they're on script, for the most part.

We have a country to save. Who's with me????
:think: I think the real question is: who's against you? Because I've never seen so many people trying to save something to death in all my born days.

:idunno:

I see Huntsman really tore it up...by which I mean his ballot...so much for that then.