toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
closet democrats
Nah. That's just a fiction created by people who mistakenly believe that any thinking not in lock step with their own engenders an unavoidable shame and the need for disguise. An inferential celebration of self, after a fashion...if of the fall variety. :plain:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I predicted this; not here I don't think, but in another forum, before his surge, because Jupiter is in his sign. He is the only one among the candidates with lucky Jupiter now in their sun sign.
Are you a 12 year old girl?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nah. That's just a fiction created by people who mistakenly believe that any thinking not in lock step with their own engenders an unavoidable shame and the need for disguise. An inferential celebration of self, after a fashion...if of the fall variety. :plain:

there are many here who won't even admit that they voted for Obama
and
a few who are sorry that they did

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Apparently Drudge hasn't gotten the news yet. :chuckle:

RICK 29,944
MITT 29,926

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like all the other Republican candidates, he HAS no plan except to do nothing and allow the rich greedy money barons to do whatever they wish.

My employer makes billions of dollars a year. I don't work for a poor guy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes Virginia, there are people wandering the planet without purpose that actually talk this way.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romney won by 8 votes. Not that it matters. I don't see him taking the RNC. The RNC backs him and stiffles the others like they did Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnel, then they give Obama another coronation. The Right will not vote for Romney. Just ask McCain.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rick Santorum didn't jump to the front of the race. He tied Romney in Iowa. There's a difference.

Santorum will not be nominated, or elected. This is his time to shine, and he'll place fourth or fifth in New Hampshire, which will be the dose of reality he and his supporters won't care for.

Sorry to say it--because I enjoy the show as much as the next man--but it's over except for the fighting. Santorum's just the latest thorn in Romney's side. He won't last. Santorum's politics don't play well in New Hampshire. He may sputter on a little longer--South Carolina, maybe, and hope for a good finish there to propel him into deep southern states. (Rick Perry's hoping for the same thing.)

Oh, and if Michelle Bachmann had any sense or dignity left she'd drop this quasi campaign of hers. Iowa rebuked her last night. She never really ran an actual campaign...it was always more of pretend to run for president, like a kid playing dress up. But she has zero support on the ground in NH, no staff, and should stop kidding herself. She'll place dead last here.

And Rick Santorum won't do much better. Iowa is the high watermark of his candidacy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rick Santorum didn't jump to the front of the race. He tied Romney in Iowa. There's a difference.

Santorum will not be nominated, or elected. This is his time to shine, and he'll place fourth or fifth in New Hampshire, which will be the dose of reality he and his supporters won't care for.

Sorry to say it--because I enjoy the show as much as the next man--but it's over except for the fighting. Santorum's just the latest thorn in Romney's side. He won't last. Santorum's politics don't play well in New Hampshire. He may sputter on a little longer--South Carolina, maybe, and hope for a good finish there to propel him into deep southern states. (Rick Perry's hoping for the same thing.)

Oh, and if Michelle Bachmann had any sense or dignity left she'd drop this quasi campaign of hers. Iowa rebuked her last night. She never really ran an actual campaign...it was always more of pretend to run for president, like a kid playing dress up. But she has zero support on the ground in NH, no staff, and should stop kidding herself. She'll place dead last here.

And Rick Santorum won't do much better. Iowa is the high watermark of his candidacy.

Thanks for the atheist update from New Hampster.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the atheist update from New Hampster.

And thanks for still acting like a five-year-old.:yawn:

Look: Rick Santorum seems like a nice guy. His persona in the flesh is different from how he comes off on the stage during those ridiculous debates. In person, he's charming, funny, and pleasant to be around. On stage, he comes off as pedantic and sour. I'm sure he's a fine family man...but he won't be president, and frankly he doesn't have the chops to be.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And thanks for still acting like a five-year-old.:yawn:

Yet I knew God existed long before I was 5 Granite.

Look: Rick Santorum seems like a nice guy. His persona in the flesh is different from how he comes off on the stage during those ridiculous debates. In person, he's charming, funny, and pleasant to be around. On stage, he comes off as pedantic and sour. I'm sure he's a fine family man...but he won't be president, and frankly he doesn't have the chops to be.

Again, thanks for your biased atheist opinion.

In your twisted and ever so sour atheist mind, who does have the "chops" to be the next GOP POSTUS, Mitt "which way is the political wind blowing this week?" Romney?

elected4ever

As for as I am concerned there are only three candidates left Romney, Santorum and Paul.

Romney I absolutely do not trust. He is a big government cooperate idea-log who will continue the cooperate fascism. He is a moderate who stands for nothing and will fall for anything.

Santorum who is a big government neo-con empire builder, religious fascist and war monger. If you like what you got you will love Santorium.

Paul who is a believer in the rule of law, sound money, religious and social liberty, a smaller lesintrusive central government and state and human rights. In short, he is a constitutionalist.

On those grounds I choose Paul.