toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
As for as I am concerned there only three candidates left Romney, Santorum and Paul.

Romney I absolutely do not trust. He is a big government cooperate idea-log who will continue the cooperate fascism. He is a moderate who stands for nothing and will fall for anything.

Santorum who is a big government neo-con empire builder, religious fascist and war monger. If you like what you got you will love Santorium.

Paul who is a believer in the rule of law, sound money, religious and social liberty, a smaller lesintrusive central government and state and human rights. In short, he is a constitutionalist.

On those grounds I choose Paul.

Plus, Ron Paul has the coveted David Duke and Moonlite Bunny Ranch endorsements.

http://patdollard.com/2011/12/former-kkk-grand-wizard-david-duke-says-he’s-voting-for-ron-paul/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/02/bunnyranch-endorses-im-pimping-for-paul/

Granite

Hall of Fame
In your twisted and ever so sour atheist mind, who does have the "chops" to be the next GOP POSTUS, Mitt "which way is the political wind blowing this week?" Romney?

Technically, yes. Doesn't mean I'd vote for him, and I won't--being qualified for the presidency or even the potential to be a good chief executive doesn't mean you deserve even a single vote though. I'm a Paul guy and will vote for him, expect him to place second or third here.

zippy2006

:think: I think the real question is: who's against you? Because I've never seen so many people trying to save something to death in all my born days.

That's because you're lucky the people who are against him let you be born before "saving you to death." :D

drbrumley

Not that this is a surprise, but you knew something was up in the GOP when Santorum wins or places second, when the guy can't even draw 50 people to an event of his.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not that this is a surprise, but you knew something was up in the GOP when Santorum wins or places second, when the guy can't even draw 50 people to an event of his.

Ron Paul would have done better, but his doper base couldn't manage to get out of bed before the Iowa polls closed.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts?

It's not true? :idunno:

Romney Beats Santorum to Take Iowa by 8 Votes
The topic isn't that Rick Santorum won Iowa. Read it carefully.... "Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. "

Santorum went from an also-ran to a front runner. When the campaign season started Santorum was always near the bottom in the polls. Often times receiving such low support his name was rarely mentioned. I remember thinking to myself... "why doesn't a guy like that drop out of the race and save himself the trouble?"

Then in recent weeks his numbers began to rise but even then he was a distant 4th behind Romney, Paul, and Gingrich.

Yet when the Iowa cacaus rolls around Santorum vaults past both Gingrich and Paul and even past Romney for most of the vote count. For Santorum losing Iowa by just 8 votes is a massive victory. That clearly makes him a frontrunner.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Bachmann and Perry drop out I wonder how that will effect the race? It seems to me Bachmann's supporters will go to Santorum and Perry's will probably split between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum.

What do you guys think?

PureX

Santorum is too conservative to be elected president. Remember, most people like Obama, even if they aren't happy with his economic policies. Romney will have to head the ticket, but they'll likely want to use Santorum to placate the Christian religious zealots who would not otherwise vote for a Mormon. And they will almost certainly vote for Romney in the end because they're essentially authoritarians who believe in following orders.

So it looks like we probably have the republican ticket. Romney/Santorum. And I predict they will lose, because no one likes Romney, Santorum is too conservative, and the republican platform is 'we all must serve the rich no matter what the cost'.

elected4ever

Ron Paul would have done better, but his doper base couldn't manage to get out of bed before the Iowa polls closed.
It might interest you to know that Ron Paul is the only congressman that introduced legislation to nullify Roe v Wade and in a Republican house and a republican senate with a Republican president. Rick Santorum was a senator at the time and not one republican supported that bill. So much for Santorum's pro life position. He only supported restricting civil liberties big government style. He wasn't interested in solving the problem of abortion. What makes you think he is now? His rhetoric?

drbrumley

When Bachmann and Perry drop out I wonder how that will effect the race? It seems to me Bachmann's supporters will go to Santorum and Perry's will probably split between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum.

What do you guys think?

I think this is exactly how it will play out.