toldailytopic: If you could trade places with anyone and be them instead of yourself,

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 5th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: If you could trade places with anyone and be them instead of yourself, would you do it, if yes, who and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

GuySmiley

I would trade places with Bill Gates and give me a bunch of money.

I would trade with Clete, Hilston, or Bob Enyart to experience being brilliant for a day.

I would trade with Obama . . . to experience being really into skeet shooting . . . or maybe I'd do other things.

Money, intelligence, and power, I've covered it all.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No. I am happy with who I am and the life I live. My wife and I are still happy together and that is saying something after 25 years in this day and age. I have two wonderful daughters that I get to do a lot of tings with. I help them with their homework (mostly at any rate. Never was much good at English.) We ride horses together and I taught my oldest how to change a starter and a tire on her car.

No, God has blessed me richly and I I thank Him and Praise Him for those blessings and I am content.

Buzzword

Future Me.

Novel(s) published, tenured teaching position attained, no longer relying on anyone else for money.

That idiot needs to get it in gear already!

ragTagblues

Nope, I figure the problems in my life would end up following me, so I may as well deal with them as me . . . .

I'm content with who I am and my life, still a few extra pounds wouldn't go a miss!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If one imagines a complete person becoming another different complete person, and yet these two complete persons retained all the qualties of these two persons, then there would be no actual change of persons. For one person to actually be a different person and know it, then the second person would have to retain some of the qualites(*edit-and memory) of the first person. But then, in that case, there wouldn't be a complete transformation of one person into another person.
For one to become a different person is an impossibility.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Could I become Bammy just long enough to reverse just about everything that's come across his desk in the last four years, go on TV with Trump and admit the Birthers were correct, that I am a Muslim and I was born in Kenya? :banana:

And then on national TV, call Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton into the Oval Office and tell them what disgraces they are and admit I'm ashamed of myself, fire Joe Biden and resign ?

Then can I be me again?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Future Me.
Eph 5:18

MyFutureSelfnMe05.jpg

The Berean

I'm a long time runner. I would like to see what it feels like to run like this guy for one race.

Last edited:

Quincy

No I wouldn't, maybe a year or so ago I would have because I didn't really have anything to lose but these days I have things in my life I don't want to be without.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No...I have Jack and a wonderful wife. The things I'd like to change about my life I'm changing. The moment is sweet and blessed. I like it here just fine. :D

Nang

TOL Subscriber
all you have to do is convince them you are one of the elect

Every born-again Christian is elect, else they would not be anointed by the Holy Spirit and given faith to believe, plus newly possess the capacity to repent.