toldailytopic: Body piercing: is it sinful? Is it just stupid? Or is it perfectly acc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
You should be able to accessorize however you wish when you are not at work, but it is silly to demand that a workplace have no dress standards.
I could understand for safety reasons, but that's about it.
Because if you were totally accepted, you wouldn't stand out as a freak!
OK.
You would therefore have to find another way to prove your freakishness!
Why would I do that? Why do I have a need to prove my freakishness? I don't. Not that I know of anyway. I mean you obviously know more about me than I do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I could understand for safety reasons, but that's about it.

How about for reasons of etiquette? Think about this, PS66 ... a businesses FIRST priority is to make money. It benefits them to hire representatives that most of the customers will be at ease with.

I would not personally base my opinion of someone solely on their outer appearance ... however, IF I were a business owner, then outward appearance, cleanliness and an outgoing personality would be high on my priority list when hiring an employee.

zoo22

Out of curiosity, what do folks think of not hiring someone because they don't have peircings (or tattoos or such)?

nicholsmom

Out of curiosity, what do folks think of not hiring someone because they don't have peircings (or tattoos or such)?

I would think that tattoos would be a reasonable requirement of someone working in a tattoo parlor, and at least ear piercings of someone who pierces ears :idunno:

I had employees with piercings, but they had to be either non-visible or non-scary, as well as appearing to be hygienic since they were making cappuccinos and sandwiches ;) But it wasn't a requirement that they be pierced :chuckle:

Tattoos seem to be ubiquitous, don't they? I don't have one, but it is becoming quite an oddity to have no tats at all.

Prolifeguyswife

How about for reasons of etiquette? Think about this, PS66 ... a businesses FIRST priority is to make money. It benefits them to hire representatives that most of the customers will be at ease with.

I would not personally base my opinion of someone solely on their outer appearance ... however, IF I were a business owner, then outward appearance, cleanliness and an outgoing personality would be high on my priority list when hiring an employee.

One time I was at a bookstore, and there was an employee covered with tattoos and piercings. A little girl came in with her mom, took one look at the guy, and started screaming. She was genuinely scared, and her mom left the store. It stands to reason that the store lost business over the employee's scary appearance.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned

That gets back to it being more acceptable, which it currently isn't.

One time I was at a bookstore, and there was an employee covered with tattoos and piercings. A little girl came in with her mom, took one look at the guy, and started screaming. She was genuinely scared, and her mom left the store. It stands to reason that the store lost business over the employee's scary appearance.

How awful. I mean why was she scared? Was she taught that such a thing was bad or evil? Perhaps her mother should have introduced her to the guy and have him explain the tattoos and piercings. Some people get those for a reason.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yep, that was the point I was trying to make. Gads of tattoos and piercings would be expected for an employee who works in a tattoo parlor but not so much an establishment that caters to everyone from children to senior citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.