toldailytopic: Body piercing: is it sinful? Is it just stupid? Or is it perfectly acc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 4th, 2010 09:41 AM

toldailytopic: Body piercing: is it sinful? Is it just stupid? Or is it perfectly acceptable?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ears - acceptable.
Anywhere else - stupid.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I don't know if it's either sinful or stupid, but it's definitely risky, and there are potential health risks, so it's important to be careful about this, and it might be a good idea to consult your physician first.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree.
But why do we think that way?
:idunno:

Maybe that's the way God thinks. And we both want to be like Him. That might be one reason why two such different folk living on opposite sides of the planet align so precisely on such an obscure topic. :)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I went with my wife when she got her ears pierced. Guy just rubbed her ear for a while with some wax and then pushed a needle through it with his hands. Freaked me right out.

Is that how it's normally done?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Perfectly acceptable.

I think it's cool. I wish certain piercings were a bit more socially acceptable.

I want more piercings. I want to get my tongue redone. I want more tattoos as well.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I went with my wife when she got her ears pierced. Guy just rubbed her ear for a while with some wax and then pushed a needle through it with his hands. Freaked me right out.

I'm not sure about the wax, but that's one way.

There's a device that looks kinda like a gun that's used.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have always seen it done with a piercing gun. The ear is cleaned, marked with a black dot and then the studs are loaded up and shot their the earlobe.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perfectly acceptable.

I think it's cool. I wish certain piercings were a bit more socially acceptable.

I want more piercings. I want to get my tongue redone. I want more tattoos as well.

I am one of those odd people that have no piercings or tattoos. As a young adult, I had four holes in each ear but let them close up because they were so irritating.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned

I don't think people should be denied jobs because they have a few extra holes in their face.

When I started teaching at the college, I removed my tongue piercing because I thought it would make me look more "professional." I should never have been conditioned to think that way.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I will tell you the same thing I tell my children about body piercings and tattoos. When living in the real world, there is an assumption that at some point in time one will have to go out and work for a living.

Many employers do NOT want to hire somebody who has numerous holes in their face and tattoos covering their body.

Also, tattoos are forever. Just imagine how happy the soon to be wife or hubby would be to see a constant reminder of the exes name or pic permanently tattooed on their partner's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.