toldailytopic: Arizona's new immigration law. Good law? Or bad law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 28th, 2010 09:39 AM

toldailytopic: Arizona's new immigration law. Good law? Or bad law?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Aimiel

It's a law worth copying. Several states are considering adopting similar legislation. It's about time! :thumb:

elohiym

"Opponents of the law in Arizona used refried beans to smear swastikas on the state Capitol in Phoenix..."

:chuckle:

I haven't read the law, but what I've read about the law seems reasonable considering the circumstances.

So... good law...for now.

Aimiel

Ha! "Opponents of the law," read, "Illegal aliens who don't want to be hassled by the police, because they know they're in the US to commit crimes."

elohiym

Ha! "Opponents of the law," read, "Illegal aliens who don't want to be hassled by the police, because they know they're in the US to commit crimes."

Crimes...like using refried beans to smear swastikas on the state Capitol in Phoenix. :chuckle:

BabyChristian

I was thinking more along the lines of shoplifting, which takes a much larger toll on our economy than drug-dealing:

http://www.ketv.com/news/23280716/detail.html

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page42421.aspx

Not to forget how many hospitals along the borders in AZ., CA., TX. and NM are shutting down because they can't refuse the free care to the illegals.

There's a guy that used to install my carpet and last time he did (years ago) he had an illegal working for him.

The guy is not very bright that owns the carpet installation place.

He stopped by a month ago because I haven't called him in so long. I told him I'd rather pay a bit more than hire him and his illegal.

I asked him if he doesn't care about his 2 daughter's future and he said, "I just don't think about that stuff". DUH :bang:

There's a site on the net where people can turn people in that hire illegals and I put his name and business on that site a couple of years ago.

Aimiel

I know our city isn't very large, but the police have been very busy since the Mexican influx into our town. There's been several small businesses that have closed, due to being robbed so many times, as well as a WalMart and a Kroger that closed, due to shoplifting.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's a good start. Probably will be protested off the books or have its teeth pulled in court.

Quincy

All I can say is I'm glad I don't live there. I get enough people thinking I'm an illegal or a terrorist were I live. If you could prove the officers will treat all people fairly I might not object to it, but I don't believe that will happen for a second.

Aimiel

Something about the Statue of Liberty just doesn't fit into that scenario. :think:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Status
Not open for further replies.