toldailytopic: Arizona's new immigration law. Good law? Or bad law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I need to do more reading on the law but my initial reaction is that it's an okay law but one that lends itself to easy abuse.

Something about the Statue of Liberty just doesn't fit into that scenario. :think:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Everyone's welcome - legally.

Received this in an email today...

Let me make this perfectly clear!
This is my country!
And, because I make this statement
DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!
You are welcome here in my country...
Welcome to come through like everyone else has.

Get a sponsor!
Get a place to lay your head!
Get a job.
Live by our rules.
Pay your taxes.
And learn our language like all other immigrants have in the past!!!

DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OUR LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS AND OUR FEDERAL INCOME TAXES TO YOU TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The law isn't that bad, but a lot of police are going to interpret it as "driving while Hispanic."

Last time we had something like this, hundreds of American citizens were put on trains to Mexico for having the wrong color skin.

Aimiel

Everyone's welcome - legally.
Sorry, it's still you turn: please guess again. You have to have a marketable skill: actor, lawyer, doctor, etc. to make the cut. If anyone could make their home in the USA, our borders would be overrun with homeless. Burger-flippers, such as yourself, we've got TOO MANY of already. :chuckle:

Aimiel

Does everyone mean everyone? If so, then why did my friend's cousin, from Venezuela get deported? All he had was his hot dog vending business, in New York, where he made almost $100,000 per year. It wasn't good enough for Immigration. No, everyone isn't welcome, legally. He ran a legal business, and was very successful, but was rejected, just as you are.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Actually, we could clear it up in no time, if people here supported it. But the fact is, we make way too much money off undocumented workers to put an end to it. Even in bad times, we profit from them being here.

And that being the case, no one is really going to stop it.

Zeke

I have lived in Arizona off and on since the late sixties, roofed in Pheonix in the early seventies through the mid ninties and have seen the take over of the constructions trades by illegals, the increase crime is also a problem, as where years ago mostly those who came just wanted to work.
Mexico is a rich nation, and could make life better for their people if they really wanted to, instead a few hoard the power and wealth (same thing is coming here) while the masses struggle to survive, plus the groups that state their goal is to take the southwest back for mexico doesn't help their plight, it only make racial tension which is hardly covered by the lame street media, nor do they mention how mexico treats those who cross its southern borders.

I can hear the stampede of the race pimps waving the race card heading to AZ at this very moment, to stir up emotions and make things worse.

I still think its all about getting DNA, national ID cards passed, they need a problem like this one, which they ignored for years on purpose, so they give you their solution which isn't good for anyone, except this corperate goverment.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Regarding Obama's re-election, in a continued turned down economy, it would be possible that another Democrat could oust him, if he promised to end the wars. The way I see it, people believe much more of our debt is based on the war. Secondly, many people feel the the big crises of the cold war is over and they believe the USA could go back to a policy of peace. If a democrat would promise to end the wars in his first year in office, he or she could beat Obama.

I base this on public opinion against the war and the mainly false belief that the war is the cause of our poor economy. Obama made promises he has failed to keep, isolating the dove vote.

The health-care plan is a mess and many poor people want the public plan, not here, yet I have heard this is a big concern amongst the poor and elderly. He could lose the AARP vote, which did vote more for Hillary.

Many fiscal liberals want better accountability and Obama has not given this.

He also risks the youth vote because he has not been progressive enough on many issues that young voters had hoped for.

He is not seen as promoting America, therefore, he risks the vote from fiscal liberals who are culturally conservative. The same people who feared Hillary more.

The independent vote, now the largest, could swing for a more pro-American candidate.

For a Republican to win, that candidate would have to convince many voters he or she was opposite George Bush, who is blamed for everything, except the San Francisco Earthquake and the Chicago fife. ;)

The Berean

I have lived in Arizona off and on since the late sixties, roofed in Pheonix in the early seventies through the mid ninties and have seen the take over of the constructions trades by illegals, the increase crime is also a problem, as where years ago mostly those who came just wanted to work.
Mexico is a rich nation, and could make life better for their people if they really wanted to, instead a few hoard the power and wealth (same thing is coming here) while the masses struggle to survive, plus the groups that state their goal is to take the southwest back for mexico doesn't help their plight, it only make racial tension which is hardly covered by the lame street media, nor do they mention how mexico treats those who cross its southern borders.

I can here the stampede of the race pimps waving the race card heading to AZ at this very moment, to stir up emotions and make things worse.

I still think its all about getting DNA, national ID cards passed, they need a problem like this one, which they ignored for years on purpose, so they give you their solution which isn't good for anyone, except this corperate goverment.

Contrary to many people's beliefs Mexico is not a third world nation. Depending on which economic indicators one uses Mexico has the 11th-13th largest economy in the world. T

Aimiel

I can hear the stampede of the race pimps waving the race card heading to AZ at this very moment, to stir up emotions and make things worse.

VERY well-put. :thumb:

Aimiel

Go to hell Aimiel. You are full of poop. You don't have any proof. It's just another one of your con games, false prophet.
I wouldn't want anyone to go to hell, even you, Soso. That's God's decision, not mine to make. You're just outright disgusting. Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

I don't need proof, since I don't lie. The USCBP agency needs something more than 'street-vendor' to approve an application for a visa. He stayed in the country as long as he could, legally, and when he couldn't prove himself 'worthy' to stay in our country, by having greater skill than just making himself well-off due to hard work he was deported.

Status
Not open for further replies.