toldailytopic: Arizona's new immigration law. Good law? Or bad law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 28th, 2010 09:39 AM

toldailytopic: Arizona's new immigration law. Good law? Or bad law?

Arizona's latest legal issuance simply reflects USA citizens' rights and determination to abide by existing laws that have been grossly neglected and violated.

I am a-political by nature, but living in California, I have witnessed the gradual bankruptcy of our State, that has occurred over the last 12 years or so, due to nothing less than foolish, liberal, and unnatural provisions granted to illegal aliens, who not only rob employment opportunities for natural citizens/Californians, but worse . . . prove to be organized (and exceedingly successful) criminals who have flooded drugs into USA society.

Not just in my State of California, but bringing crime across the borders of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

IMO, the war on our southern borders is far more extreme and dangerous than any other foreign wars the USA is now financing, and claim they are fighting.

Why is our National Guard, formed to protect our immediate borders, off in other lands? Doing what? Performing military responsibilities, other than than what the government of this land assigned to them?

Bah!

Nang

Story

"Nobody wants to pick us up," Julio Loyola Diaz says in Spanish as he and dozens of other men wait under the shade of palo verde trees and lean against a low brick wall outside the east Phoenix home improvement store.

Many day laborers like Diaz say they will leave Arizona because of the law, which also makes it a crime to be in the U.S. illegally and directs police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Story

"Nobody wants to pick us up," Julio Loyola Diaz says in Spanish as he and dozens of other men wait under the shade of palo verde trees and lean against a low brick wall outside the east Phoenix home improvement store.

Many day laborers like Diaz say they will leave Arizona because of the law, which also makes it a crime to be in the U.S. illegally and directs police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants.

Yeah . . . no doubt they will just migrate into California, where they will find a more liberal turf and many more shaded brick walls!

Gads . . .

Nang

nicholsmom

The USCBP agency needs something more than 'street-vendor' to approve an application for a visa. He stayed in the country as long as he could, legally, and when he couldn't prove himself 'worthy' to stay in our country, by having greater skill than just making himself well-off due to hard work he was deported.

I don't have a problem with that. It is certainly within our right as a sovereign nation to decide who will and will not be allowed to be in our country. I think that it also isn't - or ought not to be - sufficient cause to stay in our country just because your baby was delivered on US soil; or that it is sufficient cause to grant citizenship to be born on US soil. I hate the anchor baby laws. It just gives added incentive to come into this nation illegally.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't have a problem with that. It is certainly within our right as a sovereign nation to decide who will and will not be allowed to be in our country. I think that it also isn't - or ought not to be - sufficient cause to stay in our country just because your baby was delivered on US soil; or that it is sufficient cause to grant citizenship to be born on US soil. I hate the anchor baby laws. It just gives added incentive to come into this nation illegally.

These "baby laws" have destroyed the health system in California.

Hospitals by the hundreds have folded because of being forced to provide all kinds of care in emergency and pediatrics to aliens, without reimbursements of any kind.

And these "baby laws" have burdened each and all of us US citizens with the expense of providing for these children born into our system, who have parents who do not contribute any responsibility to their welfare.

These childrens' survival, daily bread, education, and future retirement on Social Security, is now all paid . . . by US!

Nang

Last edited:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Seems odd to have people protesting, saying they have a "right" to be here illegally. Then again, this is liberalism is action. Pass and enforce laws that punish one's political enemies. Ignore and/or protest laws that are unfavorable to one's political friends.

Arizona's new law is just dandy. Protests that this law is "subject to abuse" is a real nutso argument. Any law is "subject to abuse." Supposedly, we have courts and judges who are appointed and elected to keep it straight and filter out any abuses. Of course, if one can get political-activist judges and courts, that goes away also.

(As an aside, it is interesting to watch a national regime attempt to establish an authoritarian rule over a people they have carefully educated over the years to have no respect for law or authority.)

Aimiel

Do you molest your grandchildren, pervert?
I imagine that's what you do to your children, since you seem to accuse everyone that you don't want to agree with of same. Sad. I feel sorry for them.
Then he wasn't legal.
He was legal, he left the country before his visa expired. He applied for an extension, but without a 'marketable' skill, he had to return to a very depressed economy in Venezuela.

nicholsmom

He was legal, he left the country before his visa expired. He applied for an extension, but without a 'marketable' skill, he had to return to a very depressed economy in Venezuela.

Why does this bother you? There are loads of people in all sorts of horrid conditions all over the world. A "very depressed economy" is no cause to "save him." Our country was built on the sweat and blood and fortunes of our forefathers who did all that they did for their posterity - that's us, not everyone in the world.

Now there is a simple fix to at least part of the problem of immigration - phase out the welfare state. If there is no free ride for anyone, then no amount of law-abiding aliens will cost our economy anything - we could even allow more people to become citizens. Of course those who come to commit crimes must be kept out, and contraband still needs to be kept out, so we still would need much better fences and much stricter border control at all ports.

Aimiel

No bother. I know the poverty he faces every day in Venezuela, that's all. He's a cousin of my friend, who got his US citizenship due to having a skill. His mother taught him to sing and dance, and for years, he tried to get a job on a cruise ship. He couldn't get a visa, due to the politics of his country. He tired many times. One day he ran into a friend from high school, who was a police officer. Fifteen minutes later: he had a visa. He fell in love with a showgirl, whom he later married, and returned to her home in the USA when she left her job. He now has his own business, in Las Vegas, providing entertainment for conventions. He's rolling in dough, and sends some of it home to his uncle, who supports eight family members by being the only one who works. He sets up a 'briefcase-style' magazine stand every day, and sells newspapers and such all day long. The 'gimme' mentality is worse there than it is in the USA. Everyone wants a handout, no one wants to work for living.

unknown

CHEAP TOMATOES

CHEAP TOMATOES

The pasted article in this post came in my e-mail this morning. Even if you don't like my short rant, you should read the quote. (sorry about formatting. it was much worse after cuting and pasteing)

One thing I would like to say is, the average American is not very much in touch with these illegals or their mindset.I lived around them in California years ago. "Kill em all and let God sort it out" pretty much describes my attitude.

Most people (the media watchers) are calling them Mexican, WAKE UP DAMMIT!!! These people walk across central America, all the way up through Mexio to get here from all parts of South America. They were criminals in there country before they left, they are crimminals here, what do you think started all the "gang violence" decades ago that is still going on? Why do you think thay can't enter legally? quotas? that's stupid, the government is letting them in illegaly anyway.

CHEAP TOMATOES?
From a California school teacher - - -
"As you listen to the news about the student protests over
illegal immigration, there are some things that you should
be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program.When I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten.

(OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or
at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have
cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls(some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids.

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial.

I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative studentswho obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America ...

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas"whores and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc!

Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs!

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, newdiseases etc., etc., etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes!

We need to wake up! The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily leave and return?

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about "political Correctness" that we don't have the will to do anything about it!

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this
to everyone you know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?
Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage. Consumers don't want expensive produce. Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs. But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie.
There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free!

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.
He qualifies for food stamps.
He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.
His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.
He requires bilingual teachers and books.
He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are, or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify
for SSI. Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare.
All of this is at (our) taxpayer's expense!

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.
Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.
He and his family receive the equivalent
of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.
Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour
left after paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime,
graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor?
YEAH RIGHT!
Wake up people!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING
TO EITHER PARTY.

'AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY,
WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'

THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
These "baby laws" have destroyed the health system in California.

Hospitals by the hundreds have folded because of being forced to provide all kinds of care in emergency and pediatrics to aliens, without reimbursements of any kind.

Actually, they've folded because they can't compete with health care conglomerates. This has been going on for nearly 30 years. Big corporations are swallowing up small facilities. For many small hospitals, it's "join or die".

And these "baby laws" have burdened each and all of us US citizens with the expense of providing for these children born into our system, who have parents who do not contribute any responsibility to their welfare.

Most of the parents work and pay taxes, rent or house payments (which include property taxes) and so on. In Texas, for example, they pay a disproportionate amount of taxes, because Texas depends on sales and property taxes.

These childrens' survival, daily bread, education, and future retirement on Social Security, is now all paid . . . by US!

You only qualify for Social Security if you pay into it enough to establish eligibility. Since many undocumented workers use another's social security number, we make a huge profit on them; they'll never get social security returns. Schools are largely funded by property taxes. If these people rent or own a home, they pay property taxes, so that's not an issue.

HerodionRomulus

Yes and that something was to uphold on their end the law already on the Federal Books. And the feds are not liking it.

The law infringes upon the constitutional perogatives of the federal government.
Funny how the "states rights" folks whinge about federal intrusion into what they consider state rights, but have no problem with the state government interfering with the Federal.

--------------

btw, who gave Visas and permission to enter to the Mayflower and Jamestown colonies? O yeah, your ancestors just came in and murdered the existing civilizations.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
The law infringes upon the constitutional perogatives of the federal government.
Funny how the "states rights" folks whinge about federal intrusion into what they consider state rights, but have no problem with the state government interfering with the Federal.
Did the states form the union or did it invade, conquer and impose itself upon them? You seem to be forgetting why we formed a union in the first place. The federal government is not a state, it's an institution formed by the consent of the states. To serve them.

btw, who gave Visas and permission to enter to the Mayflower and Jamestown colonies? O yeah, your ancestors just came in and murdered the existing civilizations.
Both irrelevant and ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.