TOL PICNIC ? CRUISE ? CHIME IN ! ! !

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
probably been done in some way before. what if we had a date/dates for a TOL convention/picnic/cruise/bbq ? we can have it at my house, so i won't have to travel. it came to mind a couple weeks after being here. maybe we wouldn't be petty or spiteful to each other. more tolerant. or not. maybe it's not a great idea. anyway, my aunt goes every year with Charles Stanley, and my mom's going with her. must be nice ! Alaska, i think. any takers ? - :Brandon:
I love the idea!

Unfortunately, several (like me) can't afford the travel expense.

Once in a while I buy a lotto ticket. Always said that if I ever won, I would cover expenses for TOL folks to meet somewhere for a weekend.

I think it would be a blast!!!!!

elohiym

We should all get together at a creepy mansion on a stormy night to have a dinner.

A detective should be invited.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
probably been done in some way before. what if we had a date/dates for a TOL convention/picnic/cruise/bbq ? we can have it at my house, so i won't have to travel. it came to mind a couple weeks after being here. maybe we wouldn't be petty or spiteful to each other. more tolerant. or not. maybe it's not a great idea. anyway, my aunt goes every year with Charles Stanley, and my mom's going with her. must be nice ! Alaska, i think. any takers ? - :Brandon:
We had such an event in Southern Indiana about a decade ago. I wonder if the thread for that still exists?

Jose Fly

Well, you'd better make sure none of the fundies would have to travel overseas. They might be afraid of falling off the edge of the earth. ;-)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
midwest is good. i'm in missoura. 15 minutes from anywhere.

Then St. Louis:
7722781098_18c8925719_z.jpg

Square one distillery. Friendly bar, great food, selection of fine IPAs, and a cherry-wood smoked mash whiskey thats smoother than silk.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then St. Louis:
7722781098_18c8925719_z.jpg

Square one distillery. Friendly bar, great food, selection of fine IPAs, and a cherry-wood smoked mash whiskey thats smoother than silk.

St. Louis is great. it's in historic soulard. when i was cab dispatcher, i sent alot of cabs there. never been myself. it's real close to Anheuser. i really could be there in 15 minutes - meshak must come ! ! :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
St. Louis is great. it's in historic soulard. when i was cab dispatcher, i sent alot of cabs there. never been myself. it's real close to Anheuser. i really could be there in 15 minutes - meshak must come ! ! :)

I will come if this will happen which I seriously doubt you want it to happen.

I already met one of forum members, bybee.

I asked others who live in Texas area to meet in person but no one else was interested.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
LoL.

Why should "I make it Easy"; For a Girl?

LOL!!!

=M=

Near Rochester. : D

What's your true first name; if it's not patrick?

Or, is that really still your name?

Mark. i'm not kiddin'. i've been to manhattan, yankee stadium, trade centers pre-911, ellis island, soho, greenwich, times square. atlantic city also. in the early 1990. i was 21, i think. why were you banned ? find that song, "for you" by manfred mann - :jazz:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
My daughter is finishing up a degree in the area, and just got hired for a job there. My wife drove up this weekend; something about the upcoming wedding (in June).

Give me some advance notice, and I'll see if I can get some time off.

Looks like the St. Louis version of Whitechapel/London circa 1888

An English photographer I know offered to pay for a high-res copy of that shot for his living room wall. I was sufficiently flattered (he's a well-regarded professional) that I gave it to him.

Edit: The Bar area:
9300805750_8fa565924b_z.jpg

Mrs. Barbarian's shot.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
An English photographer I know offered to pay for a high-res copy of that shot for his living room wall. I was sufficiently flattered (he's a well-regarded professional) that I gave it too him.

Nice night shot...very atmospheric.

Do you use HDR techniques?