TOL PICNIC ? CRUISE ? CHIME IN ! ! !

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, you'd better make sure none of the fundies would have to travel overseas. They might be afraid of falling off the edge of the earth. ;-)

You have been sold a bill of goods. There was never a time when most fundies or even young Earth creationists, for that matter, believed in a flat Earth.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are any of you serious about this or just talk the talk?
My guess is that a lot of people here would get real serious if the event was being held near them. I, for example, would be willing to drive 3 or 4 hours to have lunch with you, but I don't currently have it in my budget to come to where you live. That would be quite an adventure though!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I win the lottery I will pay for a TOL meet up in Havana. :)

I don't spend money on lottery tickets, but I do enter Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes from time to time.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My guess is that a lot of people here would get real serious if the event was being held near them. I, for example, would be willing to drive 3 or 4 hours to have lunch with you, but I don't currently have it in my budget to come to where you live. That would be quite an adventure though!

I really don't think most of the members here will do it, even if it is near their area. Most of them are too secretive.

I very much doubt OP is serious.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really don't think most of the members here will do it, even if it is near their area. Most of them are too secretive.

I very much doubt OP is serious.

Sure it is true that most members will never get togther. Still I have had some very rewarding in person interactions with people that I have met on TOL and I am confedent that, if I were to travel to an area that were central to a lot of people, some would go out of their own way to meet me. Why throw cold water on that.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sure it is true that most members will never get togther. Still I have had some very rewarding in person interactions with people that I have met on TOL and I am confedent that, if I were to travel to an area that were central to a lot of people, some would go out of their own way to meet me. Why throw cold water on that.

certainly delmar, we would. some. it's obviously hard to get a group with free time all at once, i was just suggesting and planting seeds. i would only want positive, respectul, pleasant meet ups. no ulterior motives or hidden agendas. just a casual thing in a public place. everyone has been lighthearted about it except a few perpetually negative folks. the good honest folks know who we are. i'm sure pretenders wouldn't be interested. (boomshak a lak a) - :jazz:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
probably been done in some way before. what if we had a date/dates for a TOL convention/picnic/cruise/bbq ? we can have it at my house, so i won't have to travel. it came to mind a couple weeks after being here. maybe we wouldn't be petty or spiteful to each other. more tolerant. or not. maybe it's not a great idea. anyway, my aunt goes every year with Charles Stanley, and my mom's going with her. must be nice ! Alaska, i think. any takers ? - :Brandon:

This would completely ruin everything we've worked so hard for Jane.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So for how many people would St. Louis be good? And when?

i'm here. i've seen several missouri folks here, indiana, wisconsin, i think, oklahoma. but if anyone is ever in or around the Lou, i'd be happy to meet up briefly for an outing someday. weekends are open for me and fairly flexible schedule for me during winter months. too be honest, i would have trouble traveling too far in the immediate future, just food for social thought. maybe it could be a MMA event. JK ! :jazz:

Timotheos

probably been done in some way before. what if we had a date/dates for a TOL convention/picnic/cruise/bbq ? we can have it at my house, so i won't have to travel. it came to mind a couple weeks after being here. maybe we wouldn't be petty or spiteful to each other. more tolerant. or not. maybe it's not a great idea. anyway, my aunt goes every year with Charles Stanley, and my mom's going with her. must be nice ! Alaska, i think. any takers ? - :Brandon:

That would be great. Then I could have people insult me to my face rather than just here online.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

What I am saying is that members who are secretive will not meet anyone which is many.