TOL is for Dialogue!!!

StanJ

Well aside from the OP appearing to be about 10 years old, I agree that dialogue SHOULD happen. Sadly most people on TOL don't appear to be able to do that...but there is always hope.

:cool:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well aside from the OP appearing to be about 10 years old, I agree that dialogue SHOULD happen. Sadly most people on TOL don't appear to be able to do that...but there is always hope.

:cool:

it is not even six months old
so
how old are you?

StanJ

it is not even six months old
so how old are you?

That's on my profile in the Mini Stats in the upper ride hand corner, which you should know ho to access, seeing as you've been here for 10 years.
In the context of what I posted, OP means Original Poster, NOT Original Post, which you should also be able to discern, unless you just like being an SD?

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Speaking of fortes..........

Speaking of fortes..........

Obviously dialogue is NOT your forte.

'Creative dialogue' is one of my 'fortes', at least I attempt such engaging it as an art, and means of communicating. That's the fun and challenge of dialogue. I've engaged dialogue recently here from just scanning back from pages 33 - 35,....and am known to express my views quite amply.

Now as to chrysos 'technique' of dialogue,...well,...that's unique to him/herself, and whether you'd like to engage him/her (chryso, can you share if you are male or female? thank u :) )

I touched on the grace vs. works debate earlier as well,....as if Paul and James were at odds, but such is not so, since genuine faith always inspires action, some manifestation of itself as it 'perfects' its expression, as it completes the loop of its fulfillment. So,...it still holds that 'faith without works is a dead kind of faith, if it could even be called 'faith'. The end product of faith is complete obedience or aligning with the divine will,....acting on it. The perfection of 'faith' is in its action (as its completion), not just 'believing'.

In any case,....there you go....you can bring up a new topic if you wish to engage among the few bright and luminous intellects aboard here ;) - just be careful,...some intellects have a profundity beyond compare :cool:

Namaste,

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
'Creative dialogue' is one of my 'fortes', at least I attempt such engaging it as an art, and means of communicating. That's the fun and challenge of dialogue. I've engaged dialogue recently here from just scanning back from pages 33 - 35,....and am known to express my views quite amply.

Now as to chrysos 'technique' of dialogue,...well,...that's unique to him/herself, and whether you'd like to engage him/her (chryso, can you share if you are male or female? thank u :) )

I touched on the grace vs. works debate earlier as well,....as if Paul and James were at odds, but such is not so, since genuine faith always inspires action, some manifestation of itself as it 'perfects' its expression, as it completes the loop of its fulfillment. So,...it still holds that 'faith without works is a dead kind of faith, if it could even be called 'faith'. The end product of faith is complete obedience or aligning with the divine will,....acting on it. The perfection of 'faith' is in its action (as its completion), not just 'believing'.

In any case,....there you go....you can bring up a new topic if you wish to engage among the few bright and luminous intellects aboard here ;) - just be careful,...some intellects have a profundity beyond compare :cool:

Namaste,

pj

very good - as an example, I am not comparable as my profundity knows no bounds - :patrol:

StanJ

Now as to chrysos 'technique' of dialogue,...well,...that's unique to him/herself, and whether you'd like to engage him/her (chryso, can you share if you are male or female? thank u )

In any case,....there you go....you can bring up a new topic if you wish to engage among the few bright and luminous intellects aboard here - just be careful,...some intellects have a profundity beyond compare
Namaste,

I was just going for ACTUAL dialogue, as opposed to all the flaming and ad hominem that seems to go on here. I can give as good as I get and most times better, but a prefer real dialogue, not obsequious or supercilious people.

I'm not at all concerned about Chrysostom.

I agree, many confuse James contradicting Paul when in fact he is dealing with the ACTUAL walk of faith vs. the claim of being a person of faith. It was an issue at that time which can be clearly seen in how James is addressing the issue in chapter 2. He definitely wasn't contradicting anything Paul wrote, although as the leader of the BOC in Jerusalem, I'm sure he had some run ins with Paul.

I was just agreeing with the OP about preferring dialogue and even though he/she was banned, the point was valid.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The audacity...........

The audacity...........

it may be incomparable -

i've been studying deceptive speech/dialogue/language - very abundant here, especially your threads/posts - :patrol:

Well,....I have no agenda or intent to 'deceive',....so not sure why you used that word? :idunno:

I engage discussions quite intelligently, in the vein of 'creative dialogue', sharing info., insights, perspectives, and all that good stuff.

No one has a monopoly on 'God', let alone 'reality', since truth is universal.

I'll forgive your misconception of 'deception', a pretty strong word, unless you'd like to elaborate on that. Furthermore, if you'd like an actual discussion, I'm fully equipped to engage you....but pick your subject wisely :)

;)

pj