TOL is for Dialogue!!!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cloak and dagger................

Cloak and dagger................

I was just going for ACTUAL dialogue, as opposed to all the flaming and ad hominem that seems to go on here. I can give as good as I get and most times better, but a prefer real dialogue, not obsequious or supercilious people.

I hear ya.

I'm not at all concerned about Chrysostom.

Well,....some might be somewhat 'concerned' ;)

I agree, many confuse James contradicting Paul when in fact he is dealing with the ACTUAL walk of faith vs. the claim of being a person of faith. It was an issue at that time which can be clearly seen in how James is addressing the issue in chapter 2. He definitely wasn't contradicting anything Paul wrote, although as the leader of the BOC in Jerusalem, I'm sure he had some run ins with Paul.

Yep,....Paul had his share of 'controversies' when dealing with the 'pillars of the church' in Jerusalem as he set out to preach his own 'gospel-version' and 'spiritual-Christ-figure', but seeing such things takes further research and a look at all scholarly perspectives, schools of thought, etc. At the end of the day, you alone are responsible for your own beliefs, opinons, points of view that have any ultimate significance or value. Paul has some good insights on some universal principles, but also a host of his 'own opinions', biases and other personal 'perks'.

I was just agreeing with the OP about preferring dialogue and even though he/she was banned, the point was valid.

Indeed. About now though, this thread is pretty much a 'free-for-all'.
It is what you make it.

pj

brinny

ice cream!!!!!

chocolate-oreo-ice-cream2+srgb.-180x180.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I AM

I AM

Now that's good dialogue. :)

'Dialogue' is what its all about :)

We are consciousness engaging in an information game,....its just a play of mind. But what is beyond and prior to consciousness? That's where your search into 'nothingness' which is the source of All That IS...begins to be awesome.

Diving into the primordial reality that is pure No-Thing,...that is courageous, for when you do, you have to let go of every-thing you thought was true (theology, belief-systems, opinions in particular)....and let it fall by the wayside as folly or error. What 'believer' is ready to drop ideas, concepts and beliefs...for reality itself?....which is NOT an 'idea', 'concept' or 'belief'. It is...WHAT IS. This is reality. It is here, NOW...as This Awareness which originates all and includes all. It is all inclusive.

This is just the tip of the iceberg,....a few great teachers such as Ramana Maharshi and Nisagardatta Maharaj (among a host of others),....who point you to the essence of pure consciousness that YOU ARE...are good for starters ;)

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Total Posts: 567
User Name Posts
chrysostom 212
meshak 48
resodko 44
freelight 42
Grosnick Marowbe 27
musterion 27
Eeset 24
Rusha 17
patrick jane 12
brinny 12
bybee 9
dreadknought 9
Gurucam 7
aikido7 7
Angel4Truth 7
Nick M 6
Town Heretic 6

look who is not interested in a dialogue

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
well, if you expect to be disappointed, you'll never be disappointed about not being disappointed

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Dialogue is not happening much, it seems.

It is more like arguments or fighting or ridiculing or humiliating each other..

ok,

Chris kept this alive while you were gone.

He seems to like you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
well, if you expect to be disappointed, you'll never be disappointed about not being disappointed

I'm ecstatic, never disappointed.

Just sayin' though, my last two threads would have blown all yours away if they didn't get closed. The posts and view were astronimical.