ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

SaulToPaul 2

What's your hurry in leaving MAD, Mayor? Imagine....MAD excluding a nice guy like you, from their country club! I see Mayberry Power and Light is off fractionally today, in light trading....

Yes, saint john, apparently believing that Paul was the first member of Body, saved in Acts 9, believing this dispensation goes on until the Rapture, isn't enough to qualify me to join The Official MAD Esquire Club.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, saint john, apparently believing that Paul was the first member of Body, saved in Acts 9, believing this dispensation goes on until the Rapture, isn't enough to qualify me to join The Official MAD Esquire Club.

Well, I'm quitting also! I see Mary Jane, "MJNA," is off fractionally, in smoking trading.

DAN P

You know how you'll be listening to someone or be reading something and you find they are off even though you may not have studied that?

Well, years ago, when I first read Stam's still great book "Things That Differ" I get to near the end of the book and find he brings the "12 In/12 Out" issue.

As I was still new to much, I wondered what that was all about...

So I proceed to read what he had to say.

Only to find that his view "the 12 In" does not line up.

It was just one of those moments where what you have understood prior to your hearing and or reading of one thing or another just does not line up with your understanding of things as a whole.

His book on Hebrews and his attempt throughout that book to prove that Paul wrote Hebrews, follows that same mistake on his part - his failure look at things from how well he had laid out so much earlier, in "Things That Differ."

Just as with the Acts 9/Acts 28 Hybrids posting on here as "MADs."

They are now so married to their errors that they skirt even considering looking at any pointing out to them that they are off.

The Acts 9/Acts 28 Hybrid is basically the result of the error of attempting to solve for seeming Acts 9 errors by fusing together, where Acts 9 looks at things from with where Acts 28 does.

The result?

Another camp - The Acts 9/Acts 28 Hybrid.

Talk about incompetence.

15 Errors of theirs of which are very well pointed out in the following videos and pdfs...

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/acts-9-28-hybrid-theology/

Hi and either you are Acts 9 or not and Acts 28er are as dumb as the Pentecostals !!

I have all of STAMS booklets and Charles Bakers and and Paul Sadler books and neither one presents where the Body of Christ began and , they will say that the Body of Christ began , when Paul wrote his first epistle , is how they handle it !!

Robert C Brock is the only one that explained it to me and Brock is correct !

I found the answer to the 12 IN and 12 OUT on my own !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You must be speaking of the club that Danoh hybridates in to appoint himself as Godfather of his version of MAD.
No rivals allowed.
And you can't get there unless you are on the same highway he is on.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The middle wall of partition was handwritten.

The middle wall of partition was an actual stone wall in the temple. It existed long before James said anything in Acts 15.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

(Eph 2:13-14 KJV) 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The word "even" in verse 15 of the KJV proves your theory and OP wrong.

Paul wouldn't have used the word "even" before "the law of commandments", after previously saying "middle wall of partition".

The irony is that you are proven wrong by the King James version.

Danoh

The middle wall of partition was an actual stone wall in the temple. It existed long before James said anything in Acts 15.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

(Eph 2:13-14 KJV) 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The word "even" in verse 15 of the KJV proves your theory and OP wrong.

Paul wouldn't have used the word "even" before "the law of commandments", after previously saying "middle wall of partition".

The irony is that you are proven wrong by the King James version.

Nope; that actual wall contained an ordinance (singular), not Paul's "ordinances" (plural).

Spoiler

As in Ephesians 2's sister passages in...

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

He is referring to The Law - which is a system of Commandments CONTAINED IN ordinances.

As in...

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

As in...

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

And as in...

Acts 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

As in...

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

And in contrast to the same PRINCIPLE in Ephesians 2 asserted many years earlier in...

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope; that actual wall contained an ordinance (singular), not Paul's "ordinances" (plural).

The actual wall had a sign on it. It separated Jew from Gentile.

After Paul says the wall had been broken down, Paul then speaks of the enmity between Jew and Gentile, then Paul says "EVEN" the law of commandments contained in ordinances. Paul was speaking of the laws contained in ordinances that separated Jew from Gentile.