ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up[harpazo] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The context of this revelation, is the second coming of The Lord that results in the universal and final resurrection of all souls, both dead and alive upon His coming.

John 5:28-29

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The context of this revelation, is the second coming of The Lord that results in the universal and final resurrection of all souls, both dead and alive upon His coming.

John 5:28-29

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, that I can understand when believers disagree on the timing of the 'catching up/rapture', but I cannot understand when believers deny that there is a reference to the 'catching up/rapture' in Scripture at all.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, that I can understand when believers disagree on the timing of the 'catching up/rapture', but I cannot understand when believers deny that there is a reference to the 'catching up/rapture' in Scripture at all.

There is no separate rapture of the church.

Such is as large a myth as the RCC false teaching of purgatory. Both are inventions of religionists, and neither is biblical truth, at all.

There is only the final and universal resurrection of all souls on the last Day.

You have swallowed a pure fabrication if you await or expect a supposed "rapture" of the church that precedes the final resurrection on the last Day.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no separate rapture of the church.

Such is as large a myth as the RCC false teaching of purgatory. Both are inventions of religionists, and neither is biblical truth, at all.

There is only the final and universal resurrection of all souls on the last Day.

You have swallowed a pure fabrication if you await or expect a supposed "rapture" of the church that precedes the final resurrection on the last Day.

All I know is that the Apostle Paul said, "So comfort one another with these words."

How can one go wrong with that?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All I know is that the Apostle Paul said, "So comfort one another with these words."

How can one go wrong with that?

Deluded people comfort themselves with the lie of purgatory all the time. Should any of us find comfort in such false teachings?

My experience was discovering some religionists trusted and hoped more in the false teaching of escaping this world in a rapture, than they trusted in Christ crucified.

There is such a thing as being "rapture-centered" rather than "Cross-centered."

Really!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Deluded people comfort themselves with the lie of purgatory all the time. Should any of us find comfort in such false teachings?

My experience was discovering some religionists trusted and hoped more in the false teaching of escaping this world in a rapture, than they trusted in Christ crucified.

There is such a thing as being "rapture-centered" rather than "Cross-centered."

Really!

I am cross-centered and I know whom I've believed and He is able to keep me unto that day.

The Christ chosen Apostle Paul says:

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Are you trying to dissuade me from believing that?

If so......why?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am cross-centered and I know whom I've believed and He is able to keep me unto that day.

The Christ chosen Apostle Paul says:

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Are you trying to dissuade me from believing that?

If so......why?

Of course not. I believe and trust in the truth of bodily resurrection to everlasting life, too. John 5:28-29

I just do not believe revelations of the final resurrection should be used to teach a mystical, separate, invisible, and prior "rapture" of the church. No such thing. Pure myth that robs many hearts from trusting in the atonement of Christ crucified, alone.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course not. I believe and trust in the truth of bodily resurrection to everlasting life, too. John 5:28-29

I just do not believe revelations of the final resurrection should be used to teach a mystical, separate, invisible, and prior "rapture" of the church. No such thing. Pure myth that robs many hearts from trusting in the atonement of Christ crucified, alone.

Why would my trusting in Him to come and get me at some point in the future (at what point I don't know) interfere, detract, or rob me from my trusting in Christ's atonement for me? Faith is believing GOD...believing what He promises, whether of His atoning death or His gathering of His saints.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why would my trusting in Him to come and get me at some point in the future (at what point I don't know) interfere, detract, or rob me from my trusting in Christ's atonement for me? Faith is believing GOD...believing what He promises, whether of His atoning death or His gathering of His saints.

There is a difference between faithful trusting, and empty, non-biblical escapism.

Teaching a non-existent and unbiblical rapture of the church, prior to the 2nd Advent, amounts to nothing more than desire to escape earthly tribulation . . . Contrasted with exhibiting faith and courage that Christ, who has already suffered the judgmental wrath of a God against our sins, and has already died our death, will be our comfort and preservation through even the greatest tribulation that may come prior to His return.

journey

There is a difference between faithful trusting, and empty, non-biblical escapism.

Teaching a non-existent and unbiblical rapture of the church, prior to the 2nd Advent, amounts to nothing more than desire to escape earthly tribulation . . . Contrasted with exhibiting faith and courage that Christ, who has already suffered the judgmental wrath of a God against our sins, and has already died our death, will be our comfort and preservation through even the greatest tribulation that may come prior to His return.

God's Word is pretty plain and blunt on this subject, and you can't deny it. Your thoughts on this subject are baloney - unfounded baloney. The Rapture WILL happen perfectly, according to the Scriptures, at God's appointed time. In the meantime, your argument is with the Apostle Paul - and you lose.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a crazy person, unable to support the nonsense you post.

No, mess, you say "One Gospel."

Judas preached the gospel-Luke 9 KJV.

And you allege that you're "debating?"

You're as much of a clown-ette, as Craigie Tet., clueless as to what "gospel" means, and satanically asserting there is just one piece of good news, in the bible. Satan, and your "the Church" SOF taught you that-scripture never says that.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a crazy person, unable to support the nonsense you post.

Naggie: Judas preached the one true Gospel of God, this "only one Gospel," and asserts that Judas was "gifted with faith in its message of the righteousness of Jesus Christ, and He crucified."

On record.

musterion

I cannot understand when believers deny that there is a reference to the 'catching up/rapture' in Scripture at all.

Because the ones who deny it usually are the ones who've been duped by some form of replacement theology. By robbing God's instructions and promises from Israel, they've been convinced that they ARE Israel and so have all their hopes tied to a redeemed, gradually perfected earth. So all this talk of a catching away before Jacob's Trouble starts squashes that false hope because they just don't see the need for it, so they hate any mention of the rapture.

They're all expecting peace and safety, a perfection of this present "kingdom." Thing is...that's exactly what they'll get, for awhile, and it'll convince them they were correct. Someome IS coming who is foretold to bring everything they're looking forward to, and they'll adore him for it.

heir

TOL Subscriber

steko, everything that goes against Nang's denominational SoF, she labels "mystical" or "gnostic". That's what she calls the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory. She's a mess.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The 12 did not teach about a "rapture" for it was never taught until the mid 1800s, when dispensationalists invented a new eschatology. All believers teach about tribulation prior to final resurrection; part of the one true gospel.
this is graceandpeace language

Status
Not open for further replies.