ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

When I was a child I had a shame closet full of lit candles and a blacklight painting of Roy Orbison.

Made me the man I am today.

musterion

You guys are killing me!
You make my head want to spin.

I think I am now going to faint...

faintingcouch.jpg

;)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir,
Beware these men who build you up. They like what you do because you can take a beating or a fall or hit a home run and they can observe, approve, disapprove, learn.
Gee, and here I thought it was because I am set for defence of the gospel and hold fast the form of sound words that I have heard of Paul. Are you?

Here is the deal: You want to quote Hebrews? It's to Jews.

You want to quote letters to Timothy? Paul wanted him circumcised.

And yet you don't want to strap on the four Gospels because these are the words of The Lord Jesus to Israel?
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. How many times do you need to see that the Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). We Gentiles at that time were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord where we are concerned given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

You don't have to like it, but that's how it is. You might as well build on a wise master builder's foundation (assuming you're saved 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir, I think you are right about some things being different, of course you are!
But to "rightly divide" would take a fine scalpel and not broad sword - yes?
It requires consideration, study, meditation upon the things that we have heard of Paul and reading the scriptures in light of that. I hope to endevour til we out (that was for you, nang :p)

And wouldn't that means The Words of The Lord are not always to the Israel of the "then and there" but to those who were His for the rest of time - where there is not Jew or Greek or male or female?
I've already addressed "all scripture" (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
You guys are killing me!
You make my head want to spin.
Approve things that are excellent instead :)

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Philippians 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

I think I am now going to faint...

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ezekiel 13: 6, 22 and False Prophets Honoring The Beast Whose Deadly Wound Was Healed

“They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying The Lord Saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word” Ezekiel 13:6

Who are "they?" Go back to Ezekiel 13: 2-3, "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD; 3. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!"

The False Prophets are able to cause those they deceive to hope that what the false prophets say is truth. But the Hebrew word yachal, Strong's number 3176, is said to mean "to wait, by implication, be patient, hope," and other meanings listed are "stay, tarry, trust, wait." So yachal does not necessarily mean to hope that what the false prophets teach is true, in the sent that one might wish it were true. Rather, yachal means to wait, be patient, stay, tarry and trust in what the false prophets teach.

The statement in Revelation 13: 12, "And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed" is such a teaching by the False Prophets, represented here by the second beast of Revelation 13: 11-18. The second beast is the False Prophet representing many false prophets (Matthew 24: 11, Revelation 19: 20, Revelation 20:10).

Those deceived by the False Prophets trust in their teaching that the beast whose deadly wound was healed is the Israel of God, or will be in the future.

"Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:" Ezekiel 13: 22

The lies of the False Prophets deceive the people, promising them life through the false doctrines and keeping them from retuning to God and his truth. Christ said John 10: 10, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

"I am the way, the truth, and the life:" John 14: 6 Christ, who is himself, the way, the truth and the life promised to bring abundant life. He meant spiritual life mainly.

But the False Prophets are said in Ezekiel 13: 22 to speak lies which have within them the promise of spiritual life.

In teaching that Old Covenant Israel remains now the chosen people of God and/or that in the future there is to be a restoration of Old Covenant Israel, the False Prophets promise spiritual life in Israel after the flesh (Romans 9: 6-8, I Corinthians 10: 18, Galatians 4: 24-26) in New Testament times when, in fact Galatians 3: 3, 16, 26-29 show that there is no more Israel after the flesh. Identity in Israel is no longer by the flesh, by the DNA from Abraham, but by the Spirit and in Christ. Christ as the way, the truth and the spiritual life has been diminished by the False Prophets and replaced by Israel of the flesh.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not..........While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage." II Peter 2: 1-3, 19

"And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a savior, and a great one, and he shall deliver them” Isaiah 19:20

The multitude, however, is deceived by the False Prophets into trusting their teachings and believing that the doctrines of the False Prophets will bring them spiritual life.

The False Prophets have deceived the multitude into believing that Christ's mission to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15: 24) was not accomplished when he appeared on earth in the flesh of a man, and went to the Cross. The False Prophets teach the multitude that Christ's mission to save all Israel of the flesh will be postponed unto some time in the future.

The multitude in the churches, or the vast majority of them, deny
that God has already fulfilled his promise to redeem and restore Israel. Christ fulfilled that mission in the remnant of Israel who accepted him,seen in Romans 11: 1-5. "
The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid” Zephaniah 3:13.

"And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelaton 12: 15-17

"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads...........
4. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God." Revelation 14: 1, 4-5

Interesting.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
My experience was discovering some religionists trusted and hoped more in the false teaching of escaping this world in a rapture, than they trusted in Christ crucified. There is such a thing as being "rapture-centered" rather than "Cross-centered."

Really!

Pay attention, Naggie, with you false dichotomy "There is such a thing as being 'rapture-centered' rather than 'Cross-centered.'" spam, and "never before heard "You escapists!!" stumper.

Romans 15 KJV
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

So were Noah and Lot "escapists," and not ""Cross-centered? Should they have begged the LORD God to "suffer" with the others? Should Noah have said to God ,"Hey, big guy, why should I escape your wrath? I need some more pain and suffering?!"? According to Naggie, and other "Rambo-ette's/Rambo's," Lot, being the good soldier/servant of God, should of stayed behind with his kinfolk, refusing to leave the city, boasting, "God will protect us through the fire, brimstone, and judgement. All condos will burn except ours. Our mission, Jim, should we decide to accept it, is to suffer with all the rest of the sinners, so that we can be refined like gold. Rock on...." ??

Did Lot, or Noah, croak?

Israel-taken out of Egypt... crossed through the sea that was opened up before them by the LORD God...again they were taken out, as they walked out of the sea on to dry land, a "dry baptism," while all the other Egyptian armies were drowned by a Red Sea "water baptism."

Noah...taken out....Lot...taken out...

john w

Hall of Fame
"seek ye first the kingdom of God" Mt. 6:33 KJV, Luke 12:31 KJV: To seek for something, by definition, means to look for it. One would not be seeking the kingdom of God, unless one was not presently in it.

vs.

Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; Eph. 3:20 KJV, Eph. 2:6 KJVPhilippians 3:20 KJV: We are already counted as citizens of heaven, although it's manifestation is not yet present. 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV: An ambassador represents his "boss" in a foreign country; citizenship in that country(heaven) is a prerequisite to ambassadorship.

john w

Hall of Fame
"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Mt. 19:28 KJV, Luke 22:30 KJV, Rev. 21:14 KJV

"And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city." Isaiah 1:26 KJV

vs.

"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" 1 Cor. 6:2-3 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
The Lord Jesus Christ's throne:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

vs.
God the Father's throne:

Above-Rev. 3:21 KJV "with my Father in his throne."

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:." Eph. 1:3KJV

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6 KJV

=Members of the body of Christ will with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I know, I know....It all says the same thing...Boo...Hiss, John W!!!! We will pray for you, my dear misguided dispensationalist, MAD wacko, John W, as you are not being led by the Spirit.....

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Lord Jesus Christ's throne:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

vs.
God the Father's throne:

Above-Rev. 3:21 " with my Father in his throne."

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:." Eph. 1:3KJV

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6 KJV

=Members of the body of Christ will with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

Yes, I remember being taught that the Jews would not be allowed next to Christ in His heavenly glory, but kept apart, so that Christ would have to descend to their carnal level in order to fill the earthly role of David in their midst.

:nono:

That is just plain blasphemous . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.