ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
They're argument: It's all the same!

We've said many times that there is more than one church in the Bible.

Moses had a "church in the wilderness" Acts 7:38 KJV

Jesus promised to build His "my church" Matthew 16:18 KJV

And even still, a third: where Christ is the Head of "the church, which is His Body" Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV

Then we have their "one gospel" or "same gospel". Now, while it's true that there is only one good news that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth today, there is more than one gospel in the Bible.

Here's what I was a recipient of yesterday after saying there's more than one church, more than one gospel more than one doctrine and more than one inheritance. That never goes over well with the one pot meal crowd. So of course, I got this reply and the bold text where they want to focus:

Sorry, hardly a verse which should cause us to ignore that there is but One Body of Christ, and this is His Church.

That a singular message with a singular result is clear can be seen here:

Hebrews 2

King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
So let's focus on that bold text and respond!

Posting verses from Hebrews (written to Hebrews) showing so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; is in contrast to the gospel that Paul preached which was kept secret since the world began. Spoken and kept secret are different!

The Salvation in Hebrews is in contrast to "that gospel" that Paul "preached among the Gentiles". You know, the "that gospel" that Peter James and John didn't even perceive until Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

It's "the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory" (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) which Paul received by revelation of Jesus Christ! It was NOT after man (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV)!

This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more!

OCTOBER23

Don't forget

the everlasting gospel

the glorious gospel

the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ

the gospel of Christ

and

the gospel of God

heir

TOL Subscriber
Here's some more things that are different

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Don't forget a Different Gospel.
But of course, "any other gospel" than that which Paul preached "unto you...unto you...unto you"!

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But of course, "any other gospel" than that which Paul preached "unto you...unto you...unto you"!

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Amen!

OCTOBER23

Dear HEIR,

As Paul indicates, if another gospel is preached, we cannot be saved. Christian faith is about abandoning our own attempts to save ourselves and accepting the finished work of Christ. If we preach another gospel, a gospel by which men cannot be saved, we do not do justice to the Faith and we condemn people to be lost eternally because of a false faith that may not save.

But fortunately, both interpretations are compatible and we can be
justified in the Sanctification of the Spirit of JESUS Christ.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shavuot commemorates the anniversary of the day God gave the Torah to the entire nation of Israel assembled at Mount Sinai

Since Shavuot occurs 50 days after Passover, Hellenistic Jews gave it the name "Pentecost" the "fiftieth day" .

Pentecost is the celebration of the 50th day when JESUS and God sent the Holy Spirit , called the Comforter down to the Apostles.

Pentecost is what my Church celebrates along with Passover, Trumpets and Tabernacles.

glorydaz

Well, he didn't preach repent and be baptized.

elohiym

Well, he didn't preach repent and be baptized.

Acts 17:30 Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent ...

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,

1 Corinthians 1:16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

Paul preached repentance and baptism; he baptized Gentiles. He was glad he only baptized a few people himself because of how people were divisively relating to the person that baptized them, i.e. "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Paul."

musterion

Question:

Paul said that if anyone preached a gospel to them, let the preachers be accursed. As we know, he said it twice, he took the issue so seriously. Yet the Galatians to whom he wrote were already saved when they were taken captive by the concision.

So if those who try to dupe the saved with false gospels are accursed, how seriously must God take the preaching of false gospels to the lost?

john w

Hall of Fame
"This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more! "-heir, the most underrated member in the history of TOL

Matthew 20:28 KJV
even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45 KJV

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Vs.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV

who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

And this is not an "accident:"

to be testified in due time.

musterion

This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more!

Christ according to the flesh (Rom 1:3) Whom we cannot know (2 Cor 5:16).

vs

Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25) by Whom we are established.

musterion

The 12: Chosen (Luke 6:13) taught and commissioned (Matt 28:18-20) by Christ during His earthly ministry. Were to follow His pattern and teach His earthly teachings (Matt 28:20).

Paul: Chosen, taught and commissioned by the ascended, glorified Christ (Acts 9:3-5; 1 Cor 15:8). Was not to follow the pattern of the 12 but was to teach something which the Lord entrusted to Paul alone: the dispensation of the grace of God (Rom 16:25; 1 Cor 9:17; Eph 3:2; Col 1:25).

musterion

The 12: Proclaimed the long-awaited Kingdom as at hand (Matt 10:6) and with it times of refreshing and restoration of all things (Acts 3:19-21). All this God had revealed though various Old Testament prophets.

Paul: Proclaimed the secret of the Body -- the Church -- a plan God had kept hidden since the world began (see Rom 16:25; 1 Cor 2:7; Eph 1:4-11; 1:19-23; 3:5-9; Col 1:18).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the OP---

The Salvation in Hebrews is in contrast to "that gospel" that Paul "preached among the Gentiles". You know, the "that gospel" that Peter James and John didn't even perceive until Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV)

False.

Gal 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
Gal 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Gal 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Status
Not open for further replies.