The "without cause" hermeneutic.

Ecumenicist

Would never deny that which I have done in the past, for at the time I was justified by my belief of the time...many years later I stopped listening to what I was told and started making decisions based on what was morally right! Since then, I haven't killed any one, I live a much better life with more understanding toward others. I no longer believe that my way is the only way, therefore I do not belong to a group that will put others down simply due to a difference in faith or perception.

I will ask question of others as to why they still believe in what I did many years ago!

Just a side note, it is possible to be loving and tolerant and Christian as well.

noguru

If telling them they are going to a Godless eternity does not change their minds then nothing else really matters all that much...

Well if they do not believe their existence is eternal and that there is a God, then this approach is futile.

colin73

They are equally important. If you are not telling the truth then what you are telling them is useless. If you are presenting the truth in such a way that it causes them to refuse to listen, it makes the truth equally useless.
I think there's a valid point here, however I don't think that the truth badly presented is as uesless as lies presented well.

The truth we're talking about is more powerful than just an intellectual argument. It is possible for an unbeliever to have a plethora of arguments against this truth, and yet to be affected by it at a deeper level.

Depends what y'all are loving and tolerating.
Agreed. And loving and tolerating are very different things.