The Watch Towers Founder Called Jesus "The Almighty"

keypurr

Not what your sig says, however :think: Freudian slip? :think: Why'd you do that?

You made a good point about changing it, but I have to figure out how to do it with this new format. I will work on it when I can.

Reactions: Lon

keypurr

:nono: YHWH doesn't mean Father. :nono: You've tried this before. Why do you insist? YHWH means "I AM, eternally." "AB" or "ABBA" is the Hebrew name for Father. Maybe this is the one misunderstanding that will finally have Unit-arians becoming logical Trinitarians :think: One can only hope.

YHWH is a NAME from the books I have read Lon.

beameup

Russell didn't make anything up. He spoke about things he was learning from the Bible.

He received "revelation" from "Jehovah" of the "true religion" and then founded the Watchtower Society.
So, the Devil was posing as "Jehovah" and giving Russell "revelation". Same thing happened to Joseph Smith and countless others in the 18th and 19th century. The Devil is a LIAR and DECEIVER.

keypurr

Phill 2:11 (AENT)
"and that every tongue should confess that Master YHWH is Y'shua the Mashiyach, to the glory of Elohim his Father."

NOTES from the AENT, pg 1052

The spirit of YHWH, also known as the Ruach haKodesh, is both within Mashiyach and is YHWH; however, the nephesh (soul) of Y'shua is "the person" or vessel of Y'shua where the Spirit of YHWH dwells. The physical body of Y'shua nd his soul are not YHWH, but Y'shua made himself subject to YHWH in all aspects. Rabbis have long believed that Mashiyach existed before the material universe and that everything in time and space is subject to Mashiyach. That Mashiyach existed continuously from before creation indicates a very intimate spiritual connection to YHWH, which isn't such a mystery when we consider our own spirit, soul and body.

Last edited:

Lon

Phill 2:11 (AENT)vertthing in ime ansd
"and that every tongue should confess that Master YHWH is Y'shua the Mashiyach, to the glory of Elohim his Father."

The spirit of YHWH, also known as the Ruach haKodesh, is both within Mashiyach and is YHWH; however, the nephesh (soul) of Y'shua is "the person" or vessel of Y'shua where the Spirit of YHWH dwells. The physical body of Y'shua nd his soul are not YHWH, but Y'shua made himself subject to YHWH in all aspects. Rabbis have long believed that Mashiyach existed before the material universe and that everything in time and space is subject to Mashiyach. That Mashiyach existed continuously from before creation indicates a very intimate spiritual connection to YHWH, which isn't such a mystery when we consider our own spirit, soul and body.
I know you've jumped on this Peshitta bandwagon, but there are Christians who can read Aramaic and they lay the problems out clearly.

oatmeal

:think: John 5:23

That is a wonderful verse. Certainly we should honor the son just as we honor the Father.

God sent his son to represent him, if we do not honor the one who represents God, we do not honor God who sent him

How do you treat the least of the brethren?

Do you treat the least of your brethren like you would Jesus Christ?

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:45

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

If we do not honor the least of our brethren like we do Jesus Christ, we dishonor Jesus Christ.

If we honor Jesus Christ like we honor the Father, then we must likewise honor the least of our brethren just like we do Jesus Christ.

Therefore we should honor the least of our brethren just like we do the Father.

We are to treat our brethren with the same respect that we do God our Father

To honor is one thing to serve another thing, to worship another thing, to obey is another thing, to believe is another thing.

Every son of God, those born again of God's incorruptible seed, I Peter 1:23, is as much a son of God as Jesus Christ himself.

If we do not honor God's sons we dishonor God himself.

The least of our brethren are God's sons, are they not worthy being honored AS we honor the Father?

KingdomRose

He received "revelation" from "Jehovah" of the "true religion" and then founded the Watchtower Society.
So, the Devil was posing as "Jehovah" and giving Russell "revelation". Same thing happened to Joseph Smith and countless others in the 18th and 19th century. The Devil is a LIAR and DECEIVER.

So you are an authority on how the WT Society came to be? Russell never received "revelations" from Jehovah....he read the Bible and discerned what it meant. He was able to understand many important things, but not all at once. It would take years to understand everything, and we are STILL coming to understandings about many things. Has YOUR religion been able to answer ALL THINGS?

Satan would never dare to pose as "Jehovah"; but he would other gods and everybody else. Charles Russell did not receive any information from a "revelation" from Jehovah like the one Smith supposedly had of "God" and "Jesus." You are cramming your foot further into your misleading mouth.

KingdomRose

Phill 2:11 (AENT)

Where did that come from? I have read many many versions of the Bible and I have never seen that rendering. The other scriptures in the Bible CONTRADICT that rendering, so I would not lend any credence to it.

"And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Phil.2:11, KJV)

"And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to God the Father's glory." (Darby)

"And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (New American Bible)

Those and every version that I pick up has that same reading. What version is YOUR Bible? What is AENT? If it is the Lamsa translation, you have not presented it accurately. My copy says this:

"And every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to the glory of God his Father." Nothing about Jesus being YHWH!

(BTW, it has been scripturally established that we ARE souls, not that we HAVE souls. Our bodies are part of our "souls." Our souls can DIE, and therefore are not immortal (Ezekiel 18:4). Our "spirits" are merely the power from God that keeps us alive. When the spirit is gone, we are dead and have no further consciousness (Ecclesiastes 9:5). That is what the Bible clearly teaches. Too many people have subverted those truths by twisting the scriptures.)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You're not as cute as you think you are. Charles Taze Russell is actually now in heaven with Jesus. He could be laughing at your stupidity right now.

[MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] ... get a load of this! KR is so upset at the exposure of the clear lies behind the founding and maintenance of the Watch Tower, that their soul sleep doctrine just went out the window.

Hooray... this quote will go on for quite a long time!

SOJ II

Oh knock it off. More mental gymnastics!! The Father is either the Most High or he is not. The entire Bible indicates that YHWH is the Most High, and Jesus called Him "the only true God." The Father EXALTED Jesus to a superior position after he was resurrected (Phil.2:8-11), so if Jesus was EQUAL to the Father, why would he need to be exalted to a HIGHER position? What higher position would there be if Jesus was already God? Do you have an answer?

Of what did Jesus empty himself (verse 7)? What was he before he took the form of a servant?

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] ... get a load of this! KR is so upset at the exposure of the clear lies behind the founding and maintenance of the Watch Tower, that their soul sleep doctrine just went out the window.

Hooray... this quote will go on for quite a long time!

What will the dead saints be doing before they are raised from the dead at their resurrection--

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Joh 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

You poor people are so far from the truth.

LA