The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It was not God who came to us, he sent his son in the body he prepared for him.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
Keypurr, another post for you to reply to:

You believe that the Son of God is a created being, no?

If that is true, Here is my question:

Was God the Father eternally called "the Father"?

God's Truth

Wrong, as per usual.

Faith in your own obedience is a grievous sin.

Nope.

You are going against the scriptures.

Repent means we have to repent of our sins:

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent of sins(Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT of SINS (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

Faith alone is dead:

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14. Read all of James 2.

In addition, see all of Chapter 3 of 2 Peter.

One:

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Faith alone is dead:

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14. Read all of James 2.

In addition, see all of Chapter 3 of 2 Peter.

Have you never noticed that all of the verses you quote to support "faith + works" salvation all come from books that are all addressed to Jews, Hebrews, or the 12 tribes? That they never come from Paul's epistles?

Seems rather odd, don't you think? Paul states faith, and no works, James says faith AND works. They are the exact antitheses of each other. Why? Because Paul is talking to a completely different group of people than are Peter, James, John, and the others. They teach a different message than does Paul. You can't get around that fact.

If Paul was teaching the same as the Apostles, then why, when Paul was converted, didn't the Apostles just teach him what they were teaching? Why would Jesus have to give Paul special revelation if what He wanted him to teach is something the other Apostles already knew?

One:

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another

GT, we've been through this before, but you're just too dense and stubborn to even consider that you are incorrect.

None, not one, or these verses even come close to refuting trinitarian beliefs.

In addition, the word one in English here is the closest word we have for the Hebrew word ehad, which, in fact, means one of plurality, and not one of singularity. You have no ground to stand on.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There were no capital letters in Greek, and, it doesn't matter.

Of course it matters!

So you're saying there's nothing more to translation than just converting one word in one language to another word in another language? How oblivious can you get?

GT, you clearly have no idea what it means to translate anything. There's context to consider, figures of speech, different syntax than what you and I are used to, and many more things that go into translating one language into another.

Don't you think that the translators would have considered all of these things when converting from Hebrew and Greek into English?

Jesus' Spirit is God the Father's Spirit come as a Man's.

GT, why do we call God the Father "the Father"?

You sure are twisty.

No, GT, I am only following your arguments to their logical conclusion, farther than you've ever taken them, to show you what your beliefs lead to.

God's Truth

Have you never noticed that all of the verses you quote to support "faith + works" salvation all come from books that are all addressed to Jews, Hebrews, or the 12 tribes? That they never come from Paul's epistles?
Are you kidding? Paul taught have faith and repent to be saved.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

Seems rather odd, don't you think? Paul states faith, and no works, James says faith AND works. They are the exact antitheses of each other. Why? Because Paul is talking to a completely different group of people than are Peter, James, John, and the others. They teach a different message than does Paul. You can't get around that fact.
I gave you scriptures that prove you wrong.

If Paul was teaching the same as the Apostles, then why, when Paul was converted, didn't the Apostles just teach him what they were teaching? Why would Jesus have to give Paul special revelation if what He wanted him to teach is something the other Apostles already knew?

Because God wanted Paul to be an Apostle. An Apostle had to be taught by Jesus.

See Acts 1:21 and 23; Luke 1:2; Acts 26:16 But get up and stand on your feet. For I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen from Me and what I will show you.

If Paul was preaching something different, why in the world would he mention that no other man taught him?

GT, we've been through this before, but you're just too dense and stubborn to even consider that you are incorrect.

That is you.

None, not one, or these verses even come close to refuting trinitarian beliefs.

In addition, the word one in English here is the closest word as have for the Hebrew word ehad, which, in fact, means one of plurality, and not one of singularity. You have no ground to stand on.

There is no one like the Father who speaks in the Old Testament.

Can you imagine that the Jews KNEW that God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit spoke through the prophets of God, but did they say that is another Spirit? No.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are a mere human and your spirit is not Divine.

Jesus' Spirit is Divine.
I thought you said (or at least implied) there was no difference between "Spirit" and "spirit"... Why make the distinction between the two if there is there is no difference?

God's Truth

I thought you said (or at least implied) there was no difference between "Spirit" and "spirit"... Why make the distinction between the two if there is there is no difference?

The person translating your Bible didn't know any better. Some translations have a capital 'S' when speaking of Jesus' Spirit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The person translating your Bible didn't know any better. Some translations have a capital 'S' when speaking of Jesus' Spirit.
I'm talking about you, here, not the translators. Why do you yourself make the distinction if there is none?

keypurr

Keypurr, God's Untruth, Squeaky, and Michael Cadry (spelling?)....these are the "Special People".

They have all been given some higher truth that only they can see.

No one else wants to touch it....because it smells really really bad.

But, they have set this special knowledge on a throne ("TABLE"), and bow down before it. :nono:

You do not understand people like you don't understand scripture.

keypurr

Keypurr, another post for you to reply to:

You believe that the Son of God is a created being, no?

If that is true, Here is my question:

Was God the Father eternally called "the Father"?

I believe that God was alone until he created his express image son. But that is just using human logic.