The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

Is Christ not the anointed of GOD?

Is Christ not as the right hand of GOD?

Were not all things given to Christ?

Is Christ not the judge of all?

Please tell me what is your understanding of the meaning of Christ? God or man?

Was Jesus the Christ, as man indwelled wholly with the Holy Spirit?

Jesus was the complete fullness of God living and dying as a human being.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

How do you not understand that the spirit in Jesus was the Holy Spirit of GOD? How much more so now are they synonymous that the Vail has been ripped in twain and the Spirit returned to the right hand of GOD?

UM....well, I do understand that Jesus was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit, that Jesus was anointed for His roles under the law (prophet, priest, and king). That the entire fullness of God dwelled in the man Jesus Christ.

When Jesus ascended, the Holy Spirit was sent to indwell the believers.

What goes to heaven is from heaven is it not?

Well, I'm going to go to heaven, but I'm not from there. ;)

There is One Spirit that is GOD. Both Jesus of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit are wholly of GOD.

Not wholly of God....but wholly God. Jesus was ALSO wholly man. Not half God and half man.

It may not be worded exactly as I have; but using discernment and understanding coupled with the plain reading of the sacred texts allows for one to conclude such easily and without addition or subtraction from the texts. It also is reiterated by other sacred texts of the faithful of GOD.

Spoiler
Philippians 1: 19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. 21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; 26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again. 27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; 28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. 29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; 30. Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

I put that text in spoiler because I didn't see that it addressed what we are talking about here.

(if you can discern the Word then you should easily conclude similarly to what I have. If you admit at least that I have your ear; then I will continue)

(I am shamed for the negativity I've shown towards you.... I ask that you forgive me, and do forgive you regardless. I hope we can move forward with this line of conversation)

...peace

I appreciate your apology, but I really don't need, nor do I want, you to forgive me. If you're angry at me for what I've said in the past, then you shouldn't be.

Of course, we can move forward, but I would appreciate your supporting what you say by at least one verse per statement. I can see the context, myself, if we discuss it further. The verses you quote tells me a lot about where you come up with these ideas.

Now, take a deep breath, please, before you respond.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, you're refuting the fact that the Lord Jesus is God. You've made that quite clear.

Have you never read of the Ancient of Days...and understood why John fell at our Lord's feet as though dead when he heard the voice of many waters and saw the hair like white wool? He was face to face with the King of Glory...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Daniel 7:9KJV
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Rev. 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.​

The one on the Throne, the Ancient of Days, was not Jesus.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

glorydaz

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

And the Word was with God and was God.

We see Him in Rev. 1, but you still won't admit it. :nono:

God's Truth

Of course it was Jesus.

God's Truth

You wrote, "Christ/ the Spirit of GOD".

Where do you see that written in the Bible?

2 Corinthians 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

You think Jesus is another Spirit?

glorydaz

2 Corinthians 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Look at the context. Paul is talking about being ministers of the GOSPEL...by which man is begotten (given life) when they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Cor. 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Now the Lord is that spirit is speaking of the life giving Gospel....that ministrations of the Spirit. Read up through this entire chapter and see where you find the word spirit and what it is referring to.

2 Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.​

The contrasting (even referring to Moses) is between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law which Jesus solves by being the end of the law for righteousness. Rom. 10:4

Wherever the Spirit OF the Lord is....wherever this Gospel is received, there the Spirit of the Lord is given. This is not saying the Lord IS the Holy Spirit, but that the spirit being discussed in this chapter is speaking of the way we obtain the Spirit....through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

You think Jesus is another Spirit?

NO, I think your understanding of the way spirit is used in Scripture is wanting.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

God's Truth

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Look at the context. Paul is talking about being ministers of the GOSPEL...by which man is begotten (given life) when they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Cor. 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Now the Lord is that spirit is speaking of the life giving Gospel....that ministrations of the Spirit. Read up through this entire chapter and see where you find the word spirit and what it is referring to.

2 Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.​

The contrasting (even referring to Moses) is between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law which Jesus solves by being the end of the law for righteousness. Rom. 10:4

Wherever the Spirit OF the Lord is....wherever this Gospel is received, there the Spirit of the Lord is given. This is not saying the Lord IS the Holy Spirit, but that the spirit being discussed in this chapter is speaking of the way we obtain the Spirit....through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Just believe what is written. The Lord is the Spirit.

NO, I think your understanding of the way spirit is used in Scripture is wanting.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Nothing you said disproves the fact, the truth that the Lord is the Spirit.

glorydaz

Just believe what is written. The Lord is the Spirit.

Nothing you said disproves the fact, the truth that the Lord is the Spirit.

Of course, ignore the spirit which was being discussed in the chapter, and ignore every other verse presented to you. Ignore the meaning of the letter versus the spirit of the law. Ignore the fact that Paul was speaking of Moses and comparing his ministry of the law with Christ's ministry of the Spirit without the law....having fulfilled the law in us. Forget all that and just keep parroting out the same nonsense year after year. :carryon: