The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Is it your answer that Jesus is God?

The fact that I have to ask is proof that you're squirming.

Once again, is it your answer that Jesus is God?

By the way, Jesus is still a man to this day and will forever be so.

The One who calls Himself The Almighty also claimed to have died and John fell down as dead in worship of Him.

No, I'm not.

You may not even realize you're doing it but your less than direct answers are proof enough as is your failure to answer the question about whether it is right or wrong to worship someone other than God.

I simply asked a series of very simply and totally straight questions. I didn't make you squirm any more than God made Pharaoh harden his heart, you did that all on your own, as has every single Unitarian I have ever asked these questions too. Some of whom didn't even know the first chapter of Revelation was in their bible (never mind the first chapter of John)! But when people hold doctrines that are blasphemous, whether they realize that their blasphemous or not, and my simply asking a straight question sends them into mental gymnastic class then if you think that I'm not going to point it out then it is you who are mistaken.

Resting in Him,
Clete
Revelation 1: 12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

If you think that describes a man and not the eternal Spirit of GOD then you are more vain than I previously thought.

Not the vessel; the Spirit within the vessel.)

John 2: 14. And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15. And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16. And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. 19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 21. But he spake of the temple of his body. 22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

What is in the temple is the spirit. You focus on the temple forgetting the Spirit seemingly.

Why did you not come out and ask if I thought the man Jesus was too GOD?

the only one not being direct and trying to catch someone in their own words or you.

Does that resemble the Christ or the Pharisee?

Do you regard the teachings and parables of Jesus the Christ of GOD with any pertinence or significance within your own life and actions? I hope you do; no I don't want to hear about said life and actions.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I know my answers are still here. I put them twice since you wanted to act as if I wasn't directly answering your questions.
Then what is the point of denying something that everyone can plainly read? I don't get it.

Christ is GOD, not the flesh or temporal vessel that was the body of the man Jesus; just as the Spirit/ Christ, is still the Spirit of GOD with of without the body. Do you think GOD is dead because the body of Christ is not now at this time physically made manifest, but in the believer?
So you're saying then that Christ did not die!?

Does anyone question why I doubt the salvation of these people?

Death is a separation. If your soul/spirit separates from your physical body then you have died physically. If your soul spirit is separated from the Father then you are spiritually dead. Jesus experienced both but is no longer dead in any sense. He has been resurrected both physically and spiritually and exists right now with a physical human body (albeit glorified) and will forever exist in this form.

GOD is without change which is to say eternal and without death or birth.
God became a man and dwelt among us. So says the Apostle John.

And He who is The Almighty, whom the Apostle John worshiped, says explicitly that He died and is alive forevermore.

The firstborn of GOD is not synonymous with GOD because one is eternal and the other is born of the eternal. GOD is spirit and not man. How many verses in the bible declare that we not make GOD I'm the form of man? Though Jesus the Christ of GOD lives in the body of the believer it doesn't make that body Christ. The spirit of GOD is not limited or confined to the created vessel.
You are making a distinction that the Bible does not make. Jesus accepted worship while in the flesh. He was flogged and crucified in the flesh. He died in the flesh after having been forsaken by the Father (spiritual death). He rose from the dead in the flesh and ascended into Heaven in that same flesh.

If it is your intention here to imply that the doctrine of Immutability is your basis for your Unitarianism, you should know two things...

There isn't a Calvinist or Catholic (i.e. Augustinian) alive that denies the full deity of Jesus.

The doctrine is Immutability is of Greek philosophical origin and is not biblical.

Please show scripture saying that Jesus the man is eternal, and not His Spirit.
This would be proving a negative but the scripture clearly indicates that Jesus rose bodily and that He ascending into Heaven. There is no evidence that He left His glorified body behind nor is there any reason to think He would. If you think He did, the burden of proof is on you.

Please reference scripture showing GOD almighty died.
Revelation chapter one. I've cited the passage more than once already.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Revelation 1: 12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. 17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

If you think that describes a man and not the eternal Spirit of GOD then you are more vain than I previously thought.
So then you acknowledge that God died?

Chapter and verse, pops!

The bible makes no such distinction.

John 2: 14. And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15. And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16. And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. 19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 21. But he spake of the temple of his body. 22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

What is in the temple is the spirit. You focus on the temple forgetting the Spirit seemingly.
What? You're mind is broken. I've forget nothing. I simply read and take the bible to mean what it clearly says without bending over backward to conserve my doctrine. Jesus is speaking to John and says that He died.

You're an idiot. I asked you exactly that!

Further, I will ignore any sentence your write with this moronic use of the word "too".

the only one not being direct and trying to catch someone in their own words or you.
You're a fool and once post away from my ignore list.

Do you regard the teachings and parables of Jesus the Christ of GOD with any pertinence or significance within your own life and actions? I hope you do; no I don't want to hear about said life and actions.
I think you may actually be stupid. This conversation is a waste of time.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

So then you acknowledge that God died?

Chapter and verse, pops!

The bible makes no such distinction.

What? You're mind is broken. I've forget nothing. I simply read and take the bible to mean what it clearly says without bending over backward to conserve my doctrine. Jesus is speaking to John and says that He died.

You're an idiot. I asked you exactly that!

Further, I will ignore any sentence your write with this moronic use of the word "too".

You're a fool and one post away from my ignore list.

I think you may actually be stupid. This conversation is a waste of time.

Clete

popsthebuilder

Then what is the point of denying something that everyone can plainly read? I don't get it.

Death is a separation. If your soul/spirit seperates from your physical body then you have died physically. If your soul spirit is seperated from God then you are spiritually dead. Jesus experienced both but is no longer dead in any sense. He has been resurrected both physcially and spiritually and exists right now with a physical human body (albeit glorified) and will forever exist in this form.

God became a man and dwealt among us. So says the Apostle John.

And He who is The Almighty, whom the Apostle John worshiped, says explcitly that He died and is alive forever more.

You are making a distinction that the Bible does not make. Jesus accepted worship while in the flesh. He was flogged and crucified in the flesh. He died in the flesh after having been forsaken by the Father (spiritual death). He rose from the dead in the flesh and aacended into Heaven in that same flesh.

If it is your intention here to imply that the doctrine of Immutability is your basis for your Unitarianism, you should know two things...

There isn't a Calvinist or Catholic (i.e. Augustinian) alive that denies the full deity of Jesus.

The doctrine is Immutability is of Greek philosophical origin and is not biblical.

This would be proving a negative but the scripture clearly indicates that Jesus rose bodily and that He ascending into Heaven. There is no evidence that He left His glorified body behind nor is there any reason to think He would. If you think He did, the burden of proof is on you.

Revelation chapter one. I've cited the passage more than once already.

Resting in Him,
Clete

What did I deny other than you having any effect on me whatsoever?

You say Jesus died spiritually and too physically and is now in human form with GOD....yhen you say He, as man, is GOD.

That really makes no sense.

GOD did not die. It is what all existence is subsisted by; if it died then all existence would die. If you think the Spirit of Jesus died then you are in great error. If you think GOD died then you are very very confused.

The Spirit is eternal; not man, not creation. The spirit of Jesus is eternal because it is the Spirit of GOD.

It is disheartening to know that you limit GOD to creation and man; so much so that you actually think GOD died and man is the Spirit.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

What did I deny other than you having any effect on me whatsoever?

You say Jesus died spiritually and too physically and is now in human form with GOD....yhen you say He, as man, is GOD.

That really makes no sense.

GOD did not die. It is what all existence is subsisted by; if it died then all existence would die. If you think the Spirit of Jesus died then you are in great error. If you think GOD died then you are very very confused.

The Spirit is eternal; not man, not creation. The spirit of Jesus is eternal because it is the Spirit of GOD.

It is disheartening to know that you limit GOD to creation and man; so much so that you actually think GOD died and man is the Spirit.

To die does not mean to no longer exist.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To die does not mean to no longer exist.

When Satan was told he would be turned to ashes and would no longer exist, what does that mean?

"And I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you, you have become a horror and shall be no more forever." (Ezekiel 28:18-19)

The phrase "shall be no more forever" certainly sounds like death to me.

Someone said the soul who sins will die. Do you interpret that to mean the reward for sin is eternal life?

popsthebuilder

(Some seem to think we are to attain to the things of the flesh.

Some want to act as if there is no right division between flesh and Spirit.

Some think begotten is eternal.

Some think first born of the dead means GOD almighty; the Father, died as opposed to the flesh or vessel dying. Some want to act as if death isn't the release from the bindings of the flesh.

I will attempt to show with scripture that it is in Spirit and in truth that we are to worship the One Creator GOD of all existence, and that the flesh, material, temporal vessel or temple, though a receptacle of the spirit, is not the spirit in itself. )

Psalm 145: 21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

(if flesh blesses the LORD then flesh is not synonymous with the LORD(GOD ETERNAL))

Ephesians 5: 1. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2. And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

(so some evidently think this says that GOD as a sacrifice and offering to GOD! Rather bizarre doctrine)

Ephesians 5: 18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20. Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

(not only is the focus here on the Spirit, but there is also a subsidiary divine made between GOD and the Lord Christ)

Acts 16: 6. Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, 7. After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

(seems they were held back or stopped by the Holy Spirit and not the temple vessel body or man)

Revelation 11: 10. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. 11. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

(the Spirit of life? Not death? Not man? Whodathunkit?)

Ephesians 4: 17. This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18. Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20. But ye have not so learned Christ; 21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

(self explanatory to any with some level of comprehension and spiritual understanding) (also a testament against those who speak of feelings as if evil and to be disregarded)

Galatians 4: 6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 29. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Romans 1: 1. Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 3. Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4. And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5. By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6. Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 9. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10. Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. 11. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 12. That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. 18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

(I rest my case)

peace

glorydaz

There is no such thing as "human understanding". There is just understanding or not understanding. Humans use reason the same way God (or anyone else) does. Unbelievers are not stupid by virtue of their unbelief. They may be ignorant but that isn't the same thing and it certainly doesn't mean that reason works differently in their minds. Their minds work just like everyone else's and so they are without excuse.

I'm pretty sure it's because RD understood what I was trying to express, which was along these lines.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

They "receiveth not" is the "unwillingness to accept" which is what you're saying.

And it's their PRIDE that keeps them from receiving and accepting what is plainly written.
There are times I marvel at their seeming "inability" to hear when it's really nothing more than man's pride.

glorydaz

The comment made by glorydaz is nothing but gossip.

Where do "teachers" come from?

"And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers..." (1 Corinthians 12:28)

Do you get it? God has not appointed me to anything.

I'm not an apostle, I'm not a prophet, and I am most certainly not a teacher.

Can you teach algebra to a cow? I can't.

A cow will just stand there looking at you with big brown eyes in wonderment.

In this case the cow is figurative.

A student helping another student is just teamwork.

A student is not an appointed teacher.

The comment by glordaz demonstrates ignorance, it's nothing but backbiting and disrespect.

I have no idea why glorydaz keeps talking about me, I told her we're done.

I only responded to her name calling.

I suspect she won't know a teacher until the Last Day.

"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21)

A student helping another student does not make one a teacher.

Is a police officer directing traffic a teacher?

It appears to me that helping someone is egregious to glorydaz.

Maybe you can.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. :chew:

glorydaz

(I rest my case)

peace

Rev. 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last
: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​

popsthebuilder

Rev. 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last
: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​
No-one is refuting the resurrection

God's Truth

No, you read into what is written. You attempt to redefine what is said.

What else are you going to say? I show what is plainly written. I do not add or subtract.

You are making a false charge against me.

I show you where Paul says to 'repent'. You change that to 'change your mind about God'. I show you scriptures where Jesus tells us to repent of our sins or perish. You say that is only for the Jews.
I show you the scripture that says the Lord is the Spirit. You say I am taking it out of context.
I show you scriptures that say faith alone is dead, and I give you many scriptures that prove that. You say I just don't understand.

No, you read into what is written and write your own story.

God's Truth

Are you claiming no one ever heard Jesus' voice?

God the Father came as a Son.

God the Father is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as A SON.

We hear Jesus' voice. JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD. Jesus is God's voice. Jesus came as a Man.

Why is it so hard for you to understand?

There are three.

God the Father in heaven, Spirit.
Jesus Christ the Father, Spirit, with a body.
The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God the Father and Jesus Christ-the Holy Spirit who IS the one and only God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.