The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

1 Peter 1: 3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8. Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

(I couldn't help but notice that only the word soul is used here; and in regards to that part of a person that is of the utmost importance; or rather should be, one would think.)

(as a side note; also very plain and obvious is the subsidiary nature of Jesus Christ to the Father.)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is plenty of biblical evidence to support the Trinity doctrine

Especially the verse about Jesus being made lower than the angels.

I also like the one about Jesus being made like his brethren.

And being unified with him we too are part of the Egyptian trinity theory.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"You like to ask stupid questions to try to prove others wrong. You have different views with different people; blown by the wind" (patrick jane)

OK, so you too believe one scripture can negate another scripture. How foolish.

I don't give neg reps so I cannot reciprocate.

God's Truth

And how is that accomplished....for both statements to be true?
Rather than pick one choice over the other, which you always seem to do, consider all the scripture to be true.

Nothing I say is contradicted, as many people's beliefs are; like yours. You say there are three distinct/different...three heads. There is ONLY ONE HEAD. I gave you scripture that PLAINLY says there is no one like God the Father. It is not, "But the three different together are called 'God'" What don't you get? There is NO ONE LIKE God the Father. Not a different person called the 'Son', not the Holy Spirit, no one. The Lord Jesus Christ is God the Father come in the flesh. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.

YOU even admit that it is Jesus speaking in the old testament.

Say it right now that you believe it is Jesus speaking in the old testament. Right?

Okay then, you must know that God speaking in the old testament IS GOD THE FATHER. No, you say?

Then WHEN EVER DID GOD THE FATHER SPEAK?!

Please answer that.

God's Truth

I do not believe Jesus as man was the Father of all existence, per scripture.

Same spirit, but begotten flesh is not eternal spirit.

Same spirit, but all knowing isnt not knowing.

All encompassing isn't in need of growth.

Man isn't GOD though the spirit of GOD can dwell within them.

Jesus as man was not the literal complete fullness of the eternal creator GOD though the spirit of GOD did fill Him completely.

Same Spirit, but come as a Man.

We humans are our spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Father. Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit come as a Man.

glorydaz

I don't need to do anything your lying falsly accusing lips have to say.

You are proud and beyond even standard conversation.

.....what I need to do......
......you...... work.......

I wouldn't expect anything from one who doesn't even understand work and what is or is not work. I wouldn't want you to breakaway from your do nothing but sin gospel.

:popcorn:

glorydaz

I suppose you could say that having certain details left unexplained and being fine with that is a form of "taking it on faith" but I avoid using the term "faith" in that way. Biblical faith is about a willingness to accept and adjust yourself according to the substantive evidence that is presented to us. There is plenty of biblical evidence to support the Trinity doctrine and so it isn't a matter of simply believing it in some sort of blind manner, which is what most folks mean when they use the word "faith".

Otherwise, I agree with your comment entirely.

Clete

Ah! And there you have it. An UNWILLINGNESS to accept...."Ye would not" hear.

From what I've seen on this thread, it boils down to nothing more than PRIDE.

Folks like Jamie and GT, who fancy themselves teachers and become invested in their own "teachings", and will not be swayed by what is clearly presented. Folks like Pops, who are filled with so much pride they won't be told, period.

It's simple pride that keeps people for hearing what the word of God actually says.

popsthebuilder

Ah! And there you have it. An UNWILLINGNESS to accept...."Ye would not" hear.

From what I've seen on this thread, it boils down to nothing more than PRIDE.

Folks like Jamie and GT, who fancy themselves teachers and become invested in their own "teachings", and will not be swayed by what is clearly presented. Folks like Pops, who are filled with so much pride they won't be told, period.

It's simple pride that keeps people for hearing what the word of God actually says.
One word; projection.....make it two.....pride

popsthebuilder

Revelation 3: 14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

(We see here that the Christ is the Spirit of GOD, and too the first creation. It also happens to mention being perfected in Christ while still alive and in the flesh.)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
the beginning of the creation of God

A better word for beginning would have been chief.

"And to the messenger of the assembly of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the witness -- the faithful and true -- the chief of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14 YLT)

"The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the [k]Beginning of the creation of God, says this" (NASB)

The footnote "k" says: "Origin or Source"

"This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God’s creation" (NET)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NIV)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NRSV)

popsthebuilder

A better word for beginning would have been chief.

"And to the messenger of the assembly of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the witness -- the faithful and true -- the chief of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14 YLT)

"The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the [k]Beginning of the creation of God, says this" (NASB)

The footnote "k" says: "Origin or Source"

"This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God’s creation" (NET)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NIV)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NRSV)
Cheaf, origin, first, beginning...they all work to me.

9bd7786926172aa9bf8aba37e3cc685a.jpg
c2aa9d8ea6a698a28ba3cf0fe1341888.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Folks like Jamie

I'm not a teacher!

Should I start calling you names?

I could never be a teacher because I don't deal well with asinine people.

I simply avoid them and I would have avoided this post, but I don't like being called names.

I'm one of the Indians, not a chief like you.

Besides, you're unteachable and I avoid stupid stuff.

:cow: