The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Epoisses

I'm not a teacher!

Should I start calling you names?

I could never be a teacher because I don't deal well with asinine people.

I simply avoid them and I would have avoided this post, but I don't like being called names.

I'm one of the Indians, not a chief like you.

Besides, you're unteachable and I avoid stupid stuff.

Jamie is a law keeper who thinks she is righteous by what she does. She's a doer of the law not a hearer.

glorydaz

I'm here to help those interested in learning.

I'm not a teacher!

Should I start calling you names?

I don't care what you call me. Why in the world would I?

I said it looks like you fancy yourself a teacher. And now you act like there were no grounds for my saying that? :rolleyes:

Don't you think that's a bit odd considering you said, "I'm here to help those interested in learning". That seems to be the definition of a teacher. Yet you say it's name calling.

No, in fact, your pride was hurt, as it should be. Just take it down a notch or two, and you might actually learn something. You've been corrected by others, and you reject all correction from what I've seen of late. :idunno:

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Too bad you don't see it in yourself, isn't it?
Projection; no; not that I am without it exactly, but that I cannot perceive it in my self. As far as pride is concerned; though due to my actual character and too the word of GOD, and my earnest desire to abide by it; I at times can perceive a minute level of pride within myself. I don't believe we are to speak openly of our prayers or supplications to GOD, but know that I do not want to be proud in any way and that I actively practice such in those cases when my natural inclination to be low has been seemingly pushed aside due to whatever scenario or defensive mechanism.

So, in short; I fight my own pride actively when I perceive it which is relatively rare due to extensive introspection, retrospect, upbringing and thankfully, the grace and Word of GOD.

I am not above or below having any characteristic or trait that any other might have. The difference is that I believe that the words and teachings of the Christ are the way to GOD; and I do not intend to let doubt fully swallow me whole, or the deceit of men vail the knowledge of GOD or the direction there from.

glorydaz

Projection; no; not that I am without it exactly, but that I cannot perceive it in my self. As far as pride is concerned; though due to my actual character and too the word of GOD, and my earnest desire to abide by it; I at times can perceive a minute level of pride within myself. I don't believe we are to speak openly of our prayers or supplications to GOD, but know that I do not want to be proud in any way and that I actively practice such in those cases when my natural inclination to be low has been seemingly pushed aside due to whatever scenario or defensive mechanism.

Yet you condemn those of us who refuse to speak of what God is accomplishing in us, or what we are DOING to obey Him. You call it a "Do nothing Gospel", because we refuse to boast in ourselves.

So this is what's known as being a hypocrite. The point is the time you spend defending yourself, and speaking of your "earnest desires" is time better spent looking outside yourself and into the Holy Scriptures.

So, in short; I fight my own pride actively when I perceive it which is relatively rare due to extensive introspection, retrospect, upbringing and thankfully, the grace and Word of GOD.

A man's battle with his own pride is one he will never win through his own efforts.

I am not above or below having any characteristic or trait that any other might have. The difference is that I believe that the words and teachings of the Christ are the way to GOD; and I do not intend to let doubt fully swallow me whole, or the deceit of men vail the knowledge of GOD or the direction there from.

Then you should stick to what the word of God says, and put off all those speculations....things outside what is actually written.

Now, if what I say offends you, then you need (yes, you NEED) to quit posting to me.

popsthebuilder

Yet you condemn those of us who refuse to speak of what God is accomplishing in us, or what we are DOING to obey Him. You call it a "Do nothing Gospel", because we refuse to boast in ourselves.

So this is what's known as being a hypocrite. The point is the time you spend defending yourself, and speaking of your "earnest desires" is time better spent looking outside yourself and into the Holy Scriptures.

A man's battle with his own pride is one he will never win through his own efforts.

Then you should stick to what the word of God says, and put off all those speculations....things outside what is actually written.

Now, if what I say offends you, then you need (yes, you NEED) to quit posting to me.
Please stop contradicting yourself....it is getting old.

When did I condemn any whatsoever?

There is a difference between not speaking of ones works, and expressing that no work is pleasing to GOD.

I call it do nothing because you act as if faith in Christ is not effectual and doesn't cause change; not because I expect any to boast in themselves. You knowingly misrepresent my words again, as usual. It's okay though; I know you can't prove any of it to be true.

A hypocrite is one who preaches or instructs to do one thing while they themselves do another. I condemn none.

You haven't the slightest idea of the amount of time I spend studying sacred texts and applying it. You continue to speak out of ignorance and assumption due, seemingly to spite or pride or some combination.

When did I say my efforts where my own alone? I look to GOD for guidance and strength and perseverance and mercy with hope in all things. For you to insinuate otherwise is simple dishonesty with the intent of defamation of character.

By speculation do you mean like how you speculate that GOD is three separate persona that make up the fullness of GOD all while too claiming only one of these persona is too simultaneously all three and the fullness there of?

I'll tell you what my little accusatory friend;
List my speculations you accuse me of.
Show the scripture I veered from.
Learn the definition of hypocrite; see yourself, then show how I am one like you and others said repeatedly without an inkling of justification or even verification or example. Anyone can say anything, but truth can be shown to be so.

Inconsistency and attempted deceit do not offend me. In fact; thank you again for showing your true faded colors and inability to support anything you say about me.

If you want me to stop responding to you then perhaps to should stop quoting me in posts that aren't directed at you or even relevant to the subject at hand. I have posted multiple points with scripture before and after the posts you choose to comment on. Why not comment on those?

People complain about me not using scripture then they simply ignore it when I do in favor of continued bickering. Typical.

This place is becoming very tiring.

People don't want the truth, they don't want peace, they don't want salvation; they want to be right and to be able to do whatever they want and to feel secure while doing it.

Sad and sickening.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A better word for beginning would have been chief.

"And to the messenger of the assembly of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the witness -- the faithful and true -- the chief of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14 YLT)

"The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the [k]Beginning of the creation of God, says this" (NASB)

The footnote "k" says: "Origin or Source"

"This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God’s creation" (NET)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NIV)

"These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation." (NRSV)
0e5d4f6e204d74c4704f8816033615fa.jpg

dc8d01f96ed7daa2b0a92f988ff682fb.jpg

glorydaz

Please stop contradicting yourself....it is getting old.

When did I condemn any whatsoever?

There is a difference between not speaking of ones works, and expressing that no work is pleasing to GOD.

I call it do nothing because you act as if faith in Christ is not effectual and doesn't cause change; not because I expect any to boast in themselves. You knowingly misrepresent my words again, as usual. It's okay though; I know you can't prove any of it to be true.

A hypocrite is one who preaches or instructs to do one thing while they themselves do another. I condemn none.

You haven't the slightest idea of the amount of time I spend studying sacred texts and applying it. You continue to speak out of ignorance and assumption due, seemingly to spite or pride or some combination.

When did I say my efforts where my own alone? I look to GOD for guidance and strength and perseverance and mercy with hope in all things. For you to insinuate otherwise is simple dishonesty with the intent of defamation of character.

By speculation do you mean like how you speculate that GOD is three separate persona that make up the fullness of GOD all while too claiming only one of these persona is too simultaneously all three and the fullness there of?

I'll tell you what my little accusatory friend;
List my speculations you accuse me of.
Show the scripture I veered from.
Learn the definition of hypocrite; see yourself, then show how I am one like you and others said repeatedly without an inkling of justification or even verification or example. Anyone can say anything, but truth can be shown to be so.

Inconsistency and attempted deceit do not offend me. In fact; thank you again for showing your true faded colors and inability to support anything you say about me.

If you want me to stop responding to you then perhaps to should stop quoting me in posts that aren't directed at you or even relevant to the subject at hand. I have posted multiple points with scripture before and after the posts you choose to comment on. Why not comment on those?

People complain about me not using scripture then they simply ignore it when I do in favor of continued bickering. Typical.

This place is becoming very tiring.

People don't want the truth, they don't want peace, they don't want salvation; they want to be right and to be able to do whatever they want and to feel secure while doing it.

Sad and sickening.

In other words....you refuse to listen. :carryon:

God's Truth

Ah! And there you have it. An UNWILLINGNESS to accept...."Ye would not" hear.

From what I've seen on this thread, it boils down to nothing more than PRIDE.

Folks like Jamie and GT, who fancy themselves teachers and become invested in their own "teachings", and will not be swayed by what is clearly presented. Folks like Pops, who are filled with so much pride they won't be told, period.

It's simple pride that keeps people for hearing what the word of God actually says.

I prove my beliefs with scripture.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Alpha and Omega..... Both....same spirit ......
Is it your answer that Jesus is God?

The fact that I have to ask is proof that you're squirming.

GOD almighty refers to the invisible GOD of all existence and creator of all creation, and Christ now at this time, not the temple or vessel of Jesus, the Christ as man.
Once again, is it your answer that Jesus is God?

By the way, Jesus is still a man to this day and will forever be so.

GOD cannot and did not die.
The One who calls Himself The Almighty also claimed to have died and John fell down as dead in worship of Him.

If you think you made me even flinch then you are mistaken.
No, I'm not.

You may not even realize you're doing it but your less than direct answers are proof enough as is your failure to answer the question about whether it is right or wrong to worship someone other than God.

Why would you want to make one squirm anyway? Why not wish to communicate peaceably for the sake of one another, or the understanding of the masses at least? What benefit is it to attempt to humiliate another? Who does it help? Whose pride is it to bolster?
I simply asked a series of very simply and totally straight questions. I didn't make you squirm any more than God made Pharaoh harden his heart, you did that all on your own, as has every single Unitarian I have ever asked these questions too. Some of whom didn't even know the first chapter of Revelation was in their bible (never mind the first chapter of John)! But when people hold doctrines that are blasphemous, whether they realize that their blasphemous or not, and my simply asking a straight question sends them into mental gymnastic class then if you think that I'm not going to point it out then it is you who are mistaken.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
She actually posted "above THEIR human understanding". It's in HER post and I quoted it in MINE.
There is no such thing as "human understanding". There is just understanding or not understanding. Humans use reason the same way God (or anyone else) does. Unbelievers are not stupid by virtue of their unbelief. They may be ignorant but that isn't the same thing and it certainly doesn't mean that reason works differently in their minds. Their minds work just like everyone else's and so they are without excuse.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ah! And there you have it. An UNWILLINGNESS to accept...."Ye would not" hear.

From what I've seen on this thread, it boils down to nothing more than PRIDE.

Folks like Jamie and GT, who fancy themselves teachers and become invested in their own "teachings", and will not be swayed by what is clearly presented. Folks like Pops, who are filled with so much pride they won't be told, period.

It's simple pride that keeps people for hearing what the word of God actually says.

Exactly!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The comment made by glorydaz is nothing but gossip.

Where do "teachers" come from?

"And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers..." (1 Corinthians 12:28)

Do you get it? God has not appointed me to anything.

I'm not an apostle, I'm not a prophet, and I am most certainly not a teacher.

Can you teach algebra to a cow? I can't.

A cow will just stand there looking at you with big brown eyes in wonderment.

In this case the cow is figurative.

A student helping another student is just teamwork.

A student is not an appointed teacher.

The comment by glordaz demonstrates ignorance, it's nothing but backbiting and disrespect.

I have no idea why glorydaz keeps talking about me, I told her we're done.

I only responded to her name calling.

I suspect she won't know a teacher until the Last Day.

"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21)

A student helping another student does not make one a teacher.

Is a police officer directing traffic a teacher?

It appears to me that helping someone is egregious to glorydaz.

Maybe you can.

popsthebuilder

The One who calls Himself The Almighty also claimed to have died and John fell down as dead in worship of Him.

No, I'm not.

You may not even realize you're doing it but your less than direct answers are proof enough as is your failure to answer the question about whether it is right or wrong to worship someone other than God.

I simply asked a series of very simply and totally straight questions. I didn't make you squirm any more than God made Pharaoh harden his heart, you did that all on your own, as has every single Unitarian I have ever asked these questions too. Some of whom didn't even know the first chapter of Revelation was in their bible (never mind the first chapter of John)! But when people hold doctrines that are blasphemous, whether they realize that their blasphemous or not, and my simply asking a straight question sends them into mental gymnastic class then if you think that I'm not going to point it out then it is you who are mistaken.

Resting in Him,
Clete
I answered plainly and simply.

You acting as if I did otherwise is simply dishonest. I'll show you again, then you can attempt to show how I avoiding your question or squirming as you say. Then perhaps you could be humble enough to answer my questions.

GOD almighty refers to the invisible GOD of all existence and creator of all creation, and Christ now at this time, not the temple or vessel of Jesus, the Christ as man.

Christ/ the spirit of GOD is too GOD now at this time and forever more. It was the same spirit of GOD before the physical manifestation of the man Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no such thing as "human understanding". There is just understanding or not understanding. Humans use reason the same way God (or anyone else) does. Unbelievers are not stupid by virtue of their unbelief. They may be ignorant but that isn't the same thing and it certainly doesn't mean that reason works differently in their minds. Their minds work just like everyone else's and so they are without excuse.
Ok

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I answered plainly and simply.
Your answers are all still here on the thread for everyone to read, pops.

You acting as if I did otherwise is simply dishonest.
No acting. Your answers are all still right here on the thread for everyone to read.

I'll show you again, then you can attempt to show how I avoiding your question or squirming as you say. Then perhaps you could be humble enough to answer my questions.
My response will be identical. You can repeat yourself all you like, it won't change anything.

Christ/ the spirit of GOD is too GOD now at this time and forever more. It was the same spirit of GOD before the physical manifestation of the man Jesus.
Is it then your answer that Jesus is God?

That, by the way, is not an appropriate use of the word, "too". I get that "too" means "also" and so it fits in that sense but your use of it here makes you sound like you don't know English. Just sayin'

You may not even realize you're squirming but your less than direct answers are proof enough as is your now double failure to answer the question about whether it is right or wrong to worship someone other than God.

Resting in Him,
Clete

popsthebuilder

Your answers are all still here on the thread for everyone to read, pops.

No acting. Your answers are all still right here on the thread for everyone to read.

My response will be identical. You can repeat yourself all you like, it won't change anything.

Is it then your answer that Jesus is God?

That, by the way, is not an appropriate use of the word, "too". I get that "too" means "also" and so it fits in that sense but your use of it here makes you sound like you don't know English. Just sayin'

You may not even realize you're squirming but your less than direct answers are proof enough as is your now double failure to answer the question about whether it is right or wrong to worship someone other than God.

Resting in Him,
Clete
I know my answers are still here. I put them twice since you wanted to act as if I wasn't directly answering your questions.

Christ is GOD, not the flesh or temporal vessel that was the body of the man Jesus; just as the Spirit/ Christ, is still the Spirit of GOD with of without the body. Do you think GOD is dead because the body of Christ is not now at this time physically made manifest, but in the believer?

GOD is without change which is to say eternal and without death or birth.

The firstborn of GOD is not synonymous with GOD because one is eternal and the other is born of the eternal. GOD is spirit and not man. How many verses in the bible declare that we not make GOD I'm the form of man? Though Jesus the Christ of GOD lives in the body of the believer it doesn't make that body Christ. The spirit of GOD is not limited or confined to the created vessel.

Please show scripture saying that Jesus the man is eternal, and not His Spirit.

Please reference scripture showing GOD almighty died.