The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

KingdomRose

Kingdomrose, your heresy has you forgetting that "a rose by any other name, would smell as sweet" (is still a rose).

You are going by "what makes sense to me..."

Always an error - Gen. 3:6.

May you soon recover your self from the snare of the devil - who has taken you captive at his will - 2 Tim. 2:25-26.

No. You know....I have gotten criticism for not thinking for myself, for believing stuff that somebody has told me, but that I haven't reasoned over. Now YOU are criticizing me for thinking for myself! I am d***** if I do, d***** if I don't. You don't want to discuss a viewpoint, you just want to brow-beat anyone who doesn't agree with you.

My heresy was not always heresy. Before the Council of Nicea (325 A.D.) the Arians had the popular beliefs. Constantine was able to bring the opposite views up to the top of the heap, and eventually anti-Arians won out. It all came down to POLITICS.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No. You know....I have gotten criticism for not thinking for myself, for believing stuff that somebody has told me, but that I haven't reasoned over. Now YOU are criticizing me for thinking for myself! I am d***** if I do, d***** if I don't. You don't want to discuss a viewpoint, you just want to brow-beat anyone who doesn't agree with you.

My heresy was not always heresy. Before the Council of Nicea (325 A.D.) the Arians had the popular beliefs. Constantine was able to bring the opposite views up to the top of the heap, and eventually anti-Arians won out. It all came down to POLITICS.
There's not a non-Trin alive today that an historical Arian wouldn't slap senseless and charge with heresy. At least real Arians believed our Lord was something like Hercules or Superman; you just think He was a regular man. How silly!

CherubRam

Sacrifice is a Pagan interpretation of the tragic cross. In the original gospel preached to the Jews, the gospel they would be teaching today from Jerusalem if they hadn't rejected Jesus, salvation was by faith, not sacrifices. So the false claim that the cross was an atoning act is the problem for the Gentile world who invented it.

There was no sacrifice.

[FONT=&quot]Lamb of God[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 53:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:29[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:36[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 8:32[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Peter 1:19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 5:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I saw a Lamb,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

Sacrifice is a Pagan interpretation of the tragic cross. In the original gospel preached to the Jews, the gospel they would be teaching today from Jerusalem if they hadn't rejected Jesus, salvation was by faith, not sacrifices. So the false claim that the cross was an atoning act is the problem for the Gentile world who invented it.

There was no sacrifice.
The word "cross" is not biblical. The suffering Messiah hung on a stake is biblical.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The word "cross" is not biblical. The suffering Messiah hung on a stake is biblical.

The Bible has a lot of errors so I don't take it all that seriously.

Jesus didn't go around from town to town with his apostles saying "kill me as a sacrifice for your sins.".

Ben Masada

There was no sacrifice.

I also agree with you. There was no sacrifice in the Calvary. Jesus was not crucified as a sacrifice but as
a supposed act of insurrection. It happened that his disciples had planned to acclaim him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and, being Jerusalem a Roman province in the First Century, Jesus was arrested as a rebel because of his disciples and the reason showed on the top of his cross as the verdict INRI that Jesus had been crucified as king of the Jews. (Luke 19:37-40) Now, I hope, you have his own disciples to blame for the crucifixion and not the Jewish authorities or the whole of the Jewish people.

CherubRam

:freak:

Crucifixion was the standard of the time, and not on a 'stake'.

[FONT=&quot] Origin of the Cross

A tradition of the Church which our fathers have inherited, was the adoption of the words "cross" and "crucify." These words are nowhere to be found in the Greek of the New Testament. These words are mistranslations, a "later rendering," of the Greek words stauros and stauroo. Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words says, "STAUROS denotes, primarily, an upright pole or stake...Both the noun and the verb stauroo, to fasten to a stake or pole, are originally to be distinguished from the ecclesiastical form of a two-beamed cross. The shape of the latter had its origin in ancient Chaldea (Babylon), and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name)...By the middle of the 3rd century A.D. the churches had either departed from, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the pretige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross piece lowered, was adopted..." [/FONT]

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Hebrew word for 'rib' is the same as 'side'. The point is, ancient languages were limited, and Greek was no exception.

There is no reason for history to lie about what Jesus was nailed to, which is the significant rebuttal to your vainly contrarian standing.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I also agree with you. There was no sacrifice in the Calvary. Jesus was not crucified as a sacrifice but as
a supposed act of insurrection. It happened that his disciples had planned to acclaim him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and, being Jerusalem a Roman province in the First Century, Jesus was arrested as a rebel because of his disciples and the reason showed on the top of his cross as the verdict INRI that Jesus had been crucified as king of the Jews. (Luke 19:37-40) Now, I hope, you have his own disciples to blame for the crucifixion and not the Jewish authorities or the whole of the Jewish people.

I don't blame the Jews as a people, besides, among them are descendants of Jesus' own siblings. It was pig headed religious fanatics in Judaism whose bruised egos could not deal with the spiritual kingdom of Jesus. The Jews have paid a terrible price for rejecting the answer to Abrams faith.

CherubRam

I don't blame the Jews as a people, besides, among them are descendants of Jesus' own siblings. It was pig headed religious fanatics in Judaism whose bruised egos could not deal with the spiritual kingdom of Jesus. The Jews have paid a terrible price for rejecting the answer to Abrams faith.

It is very unlikely that Christ married and had children, but even if he did, that would not prevent the prophecies from being fulfilled.

marhig

There was no sacrifice.

I agree with this, except that Jesus did sacrifice, his sacrifice was his life, meaning his whole life. He laid down his life for the living God. Not doing his will, but doing Gods will. Bringing the gospel and spreading the word and those who repent, believe and have faith would be saved. He was a living sacrifice. He was dead to the flesh but he was alive in God and full of the spirit.

Jesus was saving before he went on the cross, and we are saved from our past sins through repentance and faith and then we are to turn from wilful sinning, and it says in the Bible that we are saved by his life, death doesn't save, life saves.

Luke 7

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 18

And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee

Romans 5

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Jesus also said,

Matthew 16

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

To lose our life is death to self, and to do this we must take up our cross, deny ourselves as follow Jesus. If we don't take up our cross, Jesus said that were not worthy him.

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and if we are his and raised with him then we will walk in newness of life.

1 John 2

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Last edited:

marhig

You're a JW and don't have a clue. Jesus Christ was and is God the Son. Jesus Christ prayed to God the Father. Jesus Christ is God, ONE with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Does that mean that we're God too then?

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And can you show me where it says God the son in the Bible please? Thanks