The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Does that mean that we're God too then?

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And can you show me where it says God the son in the Bible please? Thanks
Most do not want to see that there is no God the Son.
There is only one God, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most do not want to see that there is no God the Son.
There is only one God, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Genesis 1:1 New International Version (NIV)

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:15-16 New International Version (NIV)

The Supremacy of the Son of God
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

End of story Keypurr!

keypurr

The Beginning

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

End of story Keypurr!
I do not see the words GOD THE SON friend.
Please show them to me if you can, also in Hebrews the Son is said to be the IMAGE of God, not God. In Phil 2 says that he is a FORM of God, not God. You can not add words friend.

Christ told you in John 17 that his Father is the ONLY TRUE God. Our church fathers have corrupted the content of the originals to fit their traditions of pagan origin.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not see the words GOD THE SON friend.
Please show them to me if you can, also in Hebrews the Son is said to be the IMAGE of God, not God. In Phil 2 says that he is a FORM of God, not God. You can not add words friend.

Christ told you in John 17 that his Father is the ONLY TRUE God. Our church fathers have corrupted the content of the originals to fit their traditions of pagan origin.

Tell it to God when you see Him in person.

marhig

The Beginning

End of story Keypurr!
Yes..... by the father who is God!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I agree with this, except that Jesus did sacrifice, his sacrifice was his life, meaning his whole life. He laid down his life for the living God. Not doing his will, but doing Gods will. Bringing the gospel and spreading the word and those who repent, believe and have faith would be saved. He was a living sacrifice. He was dead to the flesh but he was alive in God and full of the spirit.

Jesus was saving before he went on the cross, and we are saved from our past sins through repentance and faith and then we are to turn from wilful sinning, and it says in the Bible that we are saved by his life, death doesn't save, life saves.

Luke 7

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 18

And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee

Romans 5

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Jesus also said,

Matthew 16

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

To lose our life is death to self, and to do this we must take up our cross, deny ourselves as follow Jesus. If we don't take up our cross, Jesus said that were not worthy him.

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and if we are his and raised with him then we will walk in newness of life.

1 John 2

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Yes, it's part of God giving, loving nature to do what Jesus did, come down from his glory to become one of his own co-created beings. So I agree, he lived his entire life on the cross of human experience.

journey

Does that mean that we're God too then?

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And can you show me where it says God the son in the Bible please? Thanks

We are obviously NOT God, but real Christians know who God is: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet the three are one.

John 3:16-18 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

marhig

We are obviously NOT God, but real Christians know who God is: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet the three are one.

John 3:16-18 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Yes, read the first line. For God so loved the world HE gave his only begotten son

And later in those verses "God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world"

So God sent Jesus, so God is the God of Jesus also. Jesus isn't God, and he's not the father I've seen some here say!

I read this today, this is in luke 2, it's about When Jesus was 12. And he was in Jerusalem talking to the doctors

It said that the grace of God was upon Jesus, grace is favour, so that means that Jesus was in favour with God, making God the God of Jesus also, if Jesus was God, he wouldn't need Gods grace because he would be God himself! We are in Gods grace through faith and through Jesus and everything is done through him now that he is on the right hand of God. He is the only way.

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, read the first line. For God so loved the world HE gave his only begotten son

And later in those verses "God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world"

So God sent Jesus, so God is the God of Jesus also. Jesus isn't God, and he's not the father I've seen some here say!

I read this today, this is in luke 2, it's about When Jesus was 12. And he was in Jerusalem talking to the doctors

It said that the grace of God was upon Jesus, grace is favour, so that means that Jesus was in favour with God, making God the God of Jesus also, if Jesus was God, he wouldn't need Gods grace because he would be God himself! We are in Gods grace through faith and through Jesus and everything is done through him now that he is on the right hand of God. He is the only way.

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
You're stuck on a first grade level of understanding

keypurr

Who created the heavens and the earth? You have a contradiction in your faith.

YHWH created everything through his spirit son, who is his first creation.

Christ was given the fullness of his Father but he is still a servant son, not the most high God.

Where is my contradiction BR?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Christ was given the fullness of his Father but he is still a servant son, not the most high God.

That is not what Genesis 1:1 says! Don't you get it? Jesus is God and He created the heavens and the earth. That is clarified in Colossians 1:16.

keypurr

That is not what Genesis 1:1 says! Don't you get it? Jesus is God and He created the heavens and the earth. That is clarified in Colossians 1:16.

No where in scripture is Jesus said to be God.

Where in Gen 1 do you see Jesus being God?

Why do you not read Col 1:15? You can not read parts that please you and ignore those that don't BR.

Think for yourself friend. Don't be tied to tradition.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why do you not read Col 1:15? You can not read parts that please you and ignore those that don't BR.

And what part of Colossians 1:15 disproves Jesus as God. It only states categorically that Jesus is positionally firstborn from the dead, never to die again, which is absolutely true. Christology is really very simple. Those who are in disbelief make it difficult. Make it easy on yourself. Think about it. What if the scriptures you have been shown and their interpretation are true. How can it be more simply put;

John 1:1New International Version (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Does it get any simpler?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Right there in the beginning. Matthew 1:23 He is "God with us." You can't be this dim?

:freak: . . . right at the beginning. :doh:

"Jesus is God with us." Say it. Repeat. "Jesus is God with us."

:AMR:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

In my religion the Paradise Sons of God are delegated powers and authority to create their respective sections of inhabited worlds in space. There are many such creator Sons, each one unique. These creator Sons, such as our Christ Michael, are the Fathers of their respective creation, they are the existential personification of the Universal Father.

Christ is God to us for all intents and purposes, he has a creator Father. To see the Son is to see the Father. No one gets to the Father except through the Son.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
In my religion the Paradise Sons of God are delegated powers and authority to create their respective sections of inhabited worlds in space. There are many such creator Sons, each one unique. These creator Sons, such as our Christ Michael, are the Fathers of their respective creation, they are the existential personification of the Universal Father.

Christ is God to us for all intents and purposes, he has a creator Father. To see the Son is to see the Father. No one gets to the Father except through the Son.
Bizarre. Do you admit it?