The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters
No, not stupid. No, not refusing to read. Yes, actually tired and literally sick. But aside from that, I was actually losing track of your point.

I am sorry to hear that, I will be praying for your health.

That's the part that doesn't make sense. Salvation is a thing not yet received, which is why we are given the Holy Spirit in earnest until that time. If one rejects that Holy Spirit, knowing full well what it means and entails, how is there going back?

That is exactly my point. There is no way that one can truly come into the full knowledge of Jesus Christ and then completely turn away from him. They can be seduced by the world, enticed by sin, alienated from God in their own minds, but there is nothing that anyone can do to remove the sealing of the Holy Spirit. We are bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ and He will redeem that which he paid for.

Salvation isn't actually received until it is given, at the resurrection and atonement. We speak of it in the present tense because it is as good as its guarantor.

Here is an honest question to think upon. When was deliverance (salvation) given? It was given to all when Jesus Christ finished his work (when he placed his own blood on the mercy seat in heaven). When was preservation (salvation) given? It was given when we, through faith, accepted and acknowledged the truth of our deliverance (salvation) having been given to us.

The deliverance (salvation) cannot and will not change for anyone who has ever lived: however, the preservation (salvation), though it cannot be lost, can be, and is enhanced or reduced according to the fruits we produce.

but it goes without saying that we can break our part of the covenant.

Can you remove the blood of Christ from the mercy seat in heaven? Just as the covenant of Abraham was predicated on the faithfulness of God alone, so too is the salvation that we have been given in Christ predicated on the work of Christ alone. Remember, the New Covenant was based on his blood, not our obedience. Man was never given the responsibility of salvation. The only thing our obedience predicates is the amount of the inheritance we get when we enter New Jerusalem.

It still doesn't look to me as if it is saying it is possible to turn back after that point. It speaks of the alternative being burning... I had looked at Message in one of those 18. I dislike it also, but for sake of discussion...

Hebrews 6:4-9 MSG
(4) Once people have seen the light, gotten a taste of heaven and been part of the work of the Holy Spirit,
(5) once they've personally experienced the sheer goodness of God's Word and the powers breaking in on us--
(6) if then they turn their backs on it, washing their hands of the whole thing, well, they can't start over as if nothing happened. That's impossible. Why, they've re-crucified Jesus! They've repudiated him in public!
(7) Parched ground that soaks up the rain and then produces an abundance of carrots and corn for its gardener gets God's "Well done!"
(8) But if it produces weeds and thistles, it's more likely to get cussed out. Fields like that are burned, not harvested.
(9) I'm sure that won't happen to you, friends. I have better things in mind for you--salvation things!

There are a couple of things that I will point out here that might make more sense out of what I am saying. Look at verse seven: "parched ground" is referring to those who have turned away. Notice how there are two groups within the "parched ground." One produces herbs (carrots and corn in the Message), and one produces thistles. The ones that produce herbs are those who were true believers and have a restored relationship. The second are those who have never had a relationship, but seem to have a form of the truth: these are those whom the enemy has planted among the wheat. These are those who attempt to choke out and turn away true believers, and they will be burned.

God's Truth

Trinitarians say three distinct/different making One.

They say they are all the same essence, but they cannot tell you what the essence is.

They say the essence is not Spirit, they say the essence is not Light.

They admit that they cannot explain it.

If they cannot explain it, then they cannot defend it.

They will not even say the Father is Spirit, and they will not say Jesus is Spirit.

They claim the the Father and Jesus live in the saved by proxy by the Holy Spirit.

They deny the scriptures that plainly say there is only One God and no one is like Him and no one besides Him.

They deny the scriptures that say the Lord is the Spirit and there is only One Spirit.

God's Truth

Three WHAT?

Why is it SOOOOO hard for you to answer this SIMPLE question?

I have already answered you many times.

You need to learn to answer.

What are the three?

Tell us all.

You know you cannot answer.

I have explained to you many times they are One and the SAME SPIRIT revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Trinitarians say three distinct/different making One.
YOU say that there are THREE that are ONE. So do we!

YOU refuse to say WHAT the three are.... you are a deceiver and a liar. That is easy for anyone to see.

They say they are all the same essence, but they cannot tell you what the essence is.
The essence is the nature of God. That wasn't too hard.

They say the essence is not Spirit, they say the essence is not Light.
Where do you get this nonsense? From your lying cults website?

They admit that they cannot explain it.
Liar.

If they cannot explain it, then they cannot defend it.
A lie based on your previous lie.

They will not even say the Father is Spirit, and they will not say Jesus is Spirit.
All THREE are Spirit, ONE has a physical BODY.

They claim the the Father and Jesus live in the saved by proxy by the Holy Spirit.
Made up. Show the POSTS.

They deny the scriptures that plainly say there is only One God and no one is like Him and no one besides Him.
Another lie by the "obeyer". You must be obeying your father the devil.

They deny the scriptures that say the Lord is the Spirit and there is only One Spirit.
Show the EVIDENCE. You are LYING again.

Lying is a SIN. You need to REPENT of your SIN.

Right Divider

Body part
I have already answered you many times.
No, you have not.

You need to learn to answer.

What are the three?

Tell us all.
Three PERSONS.

A Father is a PERSON.
A Son is a PERSON.
The Holy Spirit is a PERSON.

You know you cannot answer.
Maybe you need to get your head examined by a professional doctor. You have some screws loose.

I have explained to you many times they are One and the SAME SPIRIT revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Your version is cultist and perverted.

Once AGAIN, three WHAT?????

Be honest and answer that SIMPLE question.

Three WHAT?

Why is it SOOOOO hard for you to answer this SIMPLE question?

Let me try! Soooo, since we are made in the image of God, and that image is a single image with a body, soul, and spirit, then Jesus Christ is the body of God, the Father is the Soul of God, and the Spirit is the Spirit of God. One being, three aspects, three functions.

The body is the only way which we can communicate to anyone within this physical realm. Jesus is the Body of God and is the Only Way which we can communicate with God.

The soul is the truth of who we are and the sovereign part of our being. Also, the body can only communicate what the soul tells it. The Father is the Truth and the sovereign part of his being. Also, Jesus only communicates what the Father tells him...

The spirit is our physical life and cleanses us physically (and is found in the blood). The Holy Spirit is spiritual Life and cleanses spiritually.

So, can anyone guess what Jesus was saying when he said that he was the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

God's Truth

No, you have not.

Three PERSONS.

A Father is a PERSON.
A Son is a PERSON.
The Holy Spirit is a PERSON.

Persons?!

lol You claim God is three different Persons making together one God!

Maybe you need to get your head examined by a professional doctor. You have some screws loose.

Your version is cultist and perverted.

Once AGAIN, three WHAT?????

Be honest and answer that SIMPLE question.

You are the one who needs help since you can't see that I answered you many times; and you are foul mouthed.

Right Divider

Body part
Let me try! Soooo, since we are made in the image of God, and that image is a single image with a body, soul, and spirit, then Jesus Christ is the body of God, the Father is the Soul of God, and the Spirit is the Spirit of God. One being, three aspects, three functions.
The Bible does NOT say that the human body is part of the image of God.

The term "image of God" has to do with certain aspects of His nature and NOT everything about us.

Rosenritter

"Neither does he [Jesus] state that the Son of God is anything less than God", this statement made by you is ridiclous and hardly proof that Jesus being the Son of God meant he was God. Jesus never stated many things, he never stated he wasn't a homosexual, or that he doesn't lives in a cave on the moon, or that he likes picking his nose and eating the produce. You using the "never denied" argument proves nothing and means nothing.

Your logic is backwards. Jesus had specifically been accused of saying that he made himself God. Thus, if this was not the case it was imperative for him to deny it.

He did not deny it, rather, he gave them a passage that combined with how he had already identified himself in his ministry, further equated himself with God. Thus, this is applicable, not like the random "did not deny living in a cave" things that you made up. Had they accused Jesus of living in a cave, and it been a serious enough crime to warrant stoning, and THEN had he not denied the charge, then you could also assume that the charge of cave-dwelling had merit.

Thus, your claims of "ridclous" (sp) and "hardly proof" and "proves nothing and means nothing" are without merit.

Jesus stating he was the "Son of God" by definition means he was NOT God, since you cannot be the Son "of" something and yet be the "of" that you are the Son to, this is contradictory, Jesus was never contradictory. You, rosenritter, are the Son of your Father, thus you are not your Father. Jesus was the Son of God, thus he was not the God to whom he is a Son to.

Your claim of "contradictory" shows that you need biblical education.

First, the new Testament usage of "Son of God" is defined in the Bible, and it is not defined in a way to exclude God. Rather, it is defined in a way that defines "the Son of God" as God. What do we know about God, that is uniquely God? God is immortal? Without beginning and end? Uncreated? Has eternal life and lives for ever? Then for your education, seek out Paul in the book of Hebrews, for Paul tells us what he understands it means to be made like "the Son of God" in our New Testament context.

Heb 7:3
(3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Since you want to talk about "by definition" - where are you getting your definition? Yours seems like something you made up.

Second, Jesus is not simply "the Son of God" but he is the only begotten Son of God. See John 1:14, 18, 3:16, 3:18, 1 John 4:9. There are others that are called "Sons of God" including Adam (Luke 3:8), rebellious angels and Satan (Genesis 6:2-4, Job 1:6,2:1), loyal angels (Job 38:7), and Christians (John 1:12, Romans 8:14,19, Php 2:15, 1 John 3:1-2). All other applications of "Sons of God" are created beings, whereas we are told that Jesus is not created, but rather their Creator (John 1:3, Col 1:16). There is One Creator of the ends of the earth (Isaiah 40;28) and that Creator is the everlasting God, the LORD, and Jesus, whom we called the Son of God.

Clearly, your limited understanding of the word "son" as "engendered from your loins" is not the application here. When God creates sons, they are not him. But when the Son of God steps into this world, that is one of the names that was used by our CREATOR for that specific purpose.

I never said Jesus denied being God in John chapter 10. What John chapter 10 does show however is Jesus stating the reason why the Jews wanted to stone him for blashmey, Jesus said "do you say to me..‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son.."

Again, the blasphemy the Jews were stoning Jesus for was because Jesus called God is Father, not because he said he was God. Nowhere in John chapter 10 do we find Jesus once saying he was God, repeatedly we find Jesus claiming that God was his own Father, then we have Jesus himself saying that they wanted to stone him because he said he is God son.

You actually have to know the Psalm that Jesus referenced to see where he called himself God. That, and you also need to be at least a little bit aware of the claims Jesus had already made that led to this point. An argument that depends on ignorance isn't very convincing.

As I mentioned before, someone being called the "Son of God" and someone being called "God" are two completely different things, for you to cheekily claim they are synonymous is dishonest.

Please show us where you find "the only begotten Son of God" defined in scripture then, oh "honest" one. Because besides Hebrews, where Paul says the Son of God is without beginning or end of days, or end of life, without father or mother, here's what John says:

Joh 1:1-14
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(6) There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
(7) The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
(8) He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
(9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

* Bam *

What's the point of continuing here really? Black and white, couldn't be that much more clear or direct or to the point. The apostle John equates the Son of God with God, if you have a complaint, take it up with John and call him dishonest as well!

You don't have a biblical definition of the Son of God (as Jesus applies it to Himself) that "by definition" says the Son of God is not God. That's what you've been making up (and it's what your Watchtower background mandates) So if you wish to continue, please desist from making up imaginary definitions and expecting them to be accepted without challenge.

Rosenritter

Nowhere in scripture is God called an angel, show me the verse that states God is an angel.

Here's an easy one, as early as Genesis:

Gen 48:15-16
(15) And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,
(16) The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

Shouldn't you be a little more careful before saying "nowhere?"

popsthebuilder

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

John 6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

He takes on human flesh....born of woman, and that body of flesh is pierced and dies. "They shall look upon me whom they have pierced," :readthis: Zech. 12

The natural man cannot understand spiritual things. :sigh:

Colossians 2:8-10
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
What vain deceit have I shown?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk