The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

God is spirit in that He is not flesh.

Are you a Trinitarian? If so, how do you reconcile Jesus being flesh and the utter fullness of GOD while flesh?

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

God became flesh and dwelt among us. He did not cease to be God in order to do that.

God became a burning bush, too. He didn't cease being God to do that.

You do know it's God we're talking about here, don't you? :chew:

Rosenritter

It sounds like you just said you believe in three distinct God beings, ​or three individuals.

en·ti·ty
ˈen(t)ədē/
noun

The three are Spirit. However unbeknownst to you they are separate entities; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Even you call them as such. You really need to study. 2 Timothy 2:15

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It sounds like you just said you believe in three distinct God beings, ​or three individuals.

en·ti·ty
ˈen(t)ədē/
noun

Does sound that way if you do not understand trinitarian doctrine. The three individuals comprise the one God

popsthebuilder

Philippians 2:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Humbled and Exalted Christ
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Are you aware that Christ is the firstfruit and firstborn of GOD? Are you aware that he is the judge upon the end time?

This effectively makes Him the first (alpha) and the last (omega), yet still not coequal or coeternal with GOD.

How is it that what is the first and last is too eternal(without beginning/ end. )

Last edited:

God's Truth

Because the Spirit is sent by the Father through the request of the Son.

The scriptures say PLAINLY that Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

Why would you want me not to believe what the scriptures say?

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." And John 15:26; 16:7.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you aware that Christ is the firstfruit and firstborn of GOD? Are you awarebtuatbhe auntie judge upon the end time?

This effectively makes Him the first (alpha) and the last (omega), yet still not coequal or coeternal with GOD.

How is it that what is the first and last is too eternal(without beginning/ end. )

Are you aware that what you are trying to say through Colossians 1:15 is positional and not biological? Philippians 2:5-11 still holds where Paul says that Jesus is equal with God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scriptures say PLAINLY that Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

Why would you want me not to believe what the scriptures say?

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." And John 15:26; 16:7.

:duh: Who promised the Spirit? Who is it that consents that He be sent?

popsthebuilder

God became flesh and dwelt among us. He did not cease to be God in order to do that.

God became a burning bush, too. He didn't cease being God to do that.

You do know it's God we're talking about here, don't you? :chew:
You do realize that GOD is spirit and Jesus was man don't you?

I didn't say GOD was incapable of manifesting in man.

I said it doesn't make sense that the eternal GOD would need to kill himself for a blood sacrifice to HIMSELF. It also doesn't make sense how this is supposed to be the way for us to follow in order to be saved. In fact; it leaves no place for creation in said equation whatsoever, but none see this evidently.

May the Lord, GOD chastise me harshly that I might remember my error if I indeed promote what is false or damage the faith of another.

peace

Last edited:

Rosenritter

You quoted the gospel of Matthew, but Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy in the gospel of Matthew. The clue is where he says "It is written" and so forth. Each and every one of Christ's answers were using scripture. It's a common theme he uses. People take what he says elsewhere out of its source context and get very strange ideas.

When you say "Christ was saying he wasn't going to tempt the Father" that's an interpretation. One interpretation. Jesus doesn't say that straight out. All of his answers were given in a way that can be read with double meaning. All of them work just as well saying that Jesus is God.

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.... Jesus is the Word from God, and the bread of life. He doesn't need stones to be bread because he has life in himself, he is the life that is given to others.

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Satan, you know better than to try to tempt my patience.

Get thee hence Satan, for it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve ... You are asking me to worship you? It's the other way around, you are supposed to worship me.

We have the exact words which, as they were given, could have been used with double meaning. Jesus didn't speak in a way that would ever deny that he was their God. Given the amount of times they wanted to stone him, it would seem that he should have given a clarification to the contrary somewhere along the line, if they were wrongly confused about his intent.

I'd give you the post number you were looking for if I knew it. If you can private message me what the specific point was about I can probably generate the substance again or maybe find it for you.

You are adding to the plain texts.

I quoted Mathew, not Deuteronomy.

The Christ was saying that He wasn't going to tempt the Father.

I'm still busy, but will attempt to find that post of yours and continue the discussion as soon as possible.

Could you reference the post # that you quoted the 7 verses in from Mathew please?

peace

God's Truth

:darwinsm: Because you are wrong!

Anyone who can see and read sees that the scriptures say Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Anyone who can see and read sees that the scriptures say Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

So;

John 14:26 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Spirit is sent in Jesus name. Where does the Spirit come from? He comes from the Father.

Rosenritter

However Christians may differ on minor matters, the doctrine of the Trinity is what binds us together and is required for salvation.

John 3:36

Although I've heard quite a few people claim that, I haven't yet seen that in scripture. No where does it say "believe in the Trinity or you cannot be saved." I do see "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved"

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Rom_10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nothing about believing in a Trinity. Neither Jesus nor the apostles thought to mention, let alone to define or state that such a belief would be required for salvation. Also, belief in a "Trinity is not what binds Christians together. This is what Jesus said would bind Christians:

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

God's Truth

So;

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Spirit is sent in Jesus name. Where does the Spirit come from? He comes from the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

God's Truth

So you see the scripture that says the Father sends the Holy Spirit, but you do not see the scriptures that say Jesus sends the Holy Spirit, why?

There are scriptures that say the Father sends the Holy Spirit, and scriptures that say Jesus sends the Holy Spirit. That shows us they are one and the same.

Rosenritter

Yes but they are different. Why three different names if they are not? If they are the same why the distinction?

Lord God Almighty, Jehovah, ... those are three different names, introduced at different times. Different names can carry different distinctions, yet still point to the same person. God uses a lot more names and titles than that, which carry different distinctions. The Lion of Judah has a different distinction than the Lamb of God. One is strength and the other is sacrificial. Doesn't mean that it's really a different person.