The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So that means you are saying Jesus did NOT send the Holy Spirit.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Tell me what these scriptures say:

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

John 15:26 "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me.

John 16:7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

So have you Crossed John 16:14 out of your bible yet?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So that means you are saying Jesus did NOT send the Holy Spirit.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Tell me what these scriptures say:

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

John 15:26 "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me.

John 16:7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

So have you crossed John 16:14 out of your bible yet?

popsthebuilder

I have no idea what your point was. That Jesus couldn't have been a human and divine at the same time? That He somehow had to give up some of His Divinity to take on the form of a servant? Pray tell....don't show me verses I understand, and try to prove something from them you aren't making clear.
Jesus of Nazareth was a man, not just a man, but still man.

GOD is spirit.

100%man + 100%GOD =200% which is equal to illogical nonsense to say the very least.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Simple but you DONT GET IT!!!! The Spirit comes from the Father through the Son.

John 16:14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Now what don't you get about you saying Jesus does NOT send the Spirit?

What don't you get about you saying I had a comprehension problem?

I gave you three scriptures that say Jesus sends the Spirit.

Are you going to admit you were wrong or not?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 16:14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Now what don't you get about you saying Jesus does NOT send the Spirit?

What don't you get about you saying I had a comprehension problem?

I gave you three scriptures that say Jesus sends the Spirit.

Are you going to admit you were wrong or not?

So you still refuse to believe John 14:16? Have you not ever thought that the Son is ALWAYS in submission to the Father and only does the things the Father would have Him do?

glorydaz

You have admitted though that they are all the same Spirit, correct?

The Holy Spirit is one being in the Godhead. He is His own person...having characteristics such as being grieved, hearing, groaning, sending, anointing, etc. He is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. Christ is not the Holy Spirit, and God is not the Holy Spirit.

God is spirit in that He is not flesh.

popsthebuilder

Seems like no one can to your satisfaction, except those who have no faith in a Triune God.
To be clear; I never denied the trinity. I deny one needs to believe it to be Christian or saved.

If the Father is spirit, and the Holy Spirit is spirit and the Son is begotten then two are the same and one is of the other; as in; the Son is of the FATHER which is GOD and Spirit.

Why add confusion to the things of GOD?

Is simple truth of GOD, or is confusion and misdirection?

Can anyone give scriptural support for the claims that-

a) belief in the trinity is a sign of salvation?

b) one must believe in the trinity, and not Jesus Christ, to be saved?

c) GOD is actually 3 people, and not a single spirit?

d) GOD sent HIMSELF as a blood sacrifice and payment to HIMSELF for the sin nature GOD instilled in IT's creation so that IT's creation could be saved from what GOD made them naturally inclined to do, and how this is just and merciful?

e) how does that equate to good news as opposed to the news of the Way?

popsthebuilder

So you still refuse to believe John 14:16? Have you not ever thought that the Son is ALWAYS in submission to the Father and only does the things the Father would have Him do?
How is that coequal?

How is begotten coeternal?

How are those even real words?

You really don't needn't answer the last one....or any if you don't feel the need.

popsthebuilder

The Holy Spirit is one being in the Godhead. He is His own person...having characteristics such as being grieved, hearing, groaning, sending, anointing, etc. He is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ. Christ is not the Holy Spirit, and God is not the Holy Spirit.

Are you a Trinitarian? If so, how do you reconcile Jesus being flesh and the utter fullness of GOD while flesh?

peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Are you a Trinitarian? If so, how do you reconcile Jesus being flesh and the utter fullness of GOD while flesh?

peace

Philippians 2:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Humbled and Exalted Christ
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit is one being in the Godhead. He is His own person...having characteristics such as being grieved, hearing, groaning, sending, anointing, etc.

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit does things differently from the Father and Jesus?

He is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ.
You say the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ.
Are you admitting that God the Father is Spirit, the Son is Spirit, and that they all have the same Spirit?
Christ is not the Holy Spirit,

The scriptures say the Lord IS the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

and God is not the Holy Spirit.
The scriptures say the saved are the temple of God's Spirit, and that God lives inside the saved. So if God is not the Holy Spirit, why does the scripture say He is?

2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

How do you get that the Father is Spirit and the Holy Spirit is His Spirit but God is not the Spirit?