The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

csuguy

Is the Trinity biblical?
Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?

Not only do the scriptures not teach the Trinity, but they teach things to the contrary. Like continually differentiating Jesus from God (not just "Father", but "God"), the explicit words of Christ asserting that the Father is greater than he, the fact that he is the mediator between God and mankind, etc. The very titles of "Father" and "Son" should be enough to clearly communicate the kind of relationship they have to one another - and these are the biblical ones used to communicate their relationship. "Trinity" isn't to be found.

journey

The way to see the Father, the One Creator GOD is through the messiah. How else would one perceive such? The Holy Spirit writes on the hearts and minds of the faithful but it says more than once in scripture that the true countenance of GOD cannot be seen by man. Christ is as close as our capacities and understandings will allow.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are of GOD, and eternal. The flesh isn't eternal. So of course one can say Jesus is Lord or king, or even GOD, just know that has little to do with the flesh of the Christ and more to do with the Holy Spirit and Jesus's placement with the Father when he was resurrected and returned to the Father to set on his right hand and be the judge and way for all to pass through. He inherited all the Holy, the heaven and the earth, and power, by GOD's will.

Peace

Almighty God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet the Holy Three are ONE. They are also eternal - no beginning and no ending. God began to describe His nature all the way back in Genesis:

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Please take special note of Genesis 1:26 where God speaks of "our image" - indicating plural. Almighty God has been a Holy Trinity for eternity past and will be for eternity future. God the Son was made manifest in the flesh as Jesus Christ, but He was still God the Son - fully man and fully God. Jesus Christ was also The Word and Creator:

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus Christ was God with us during His earthly ministry:

Matthew 1:21-25 KJV And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

See my blogs for many Scriptures that prove Jesus Christ was and is God - God the Son, ONE with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is no longer in the flesh - sitting at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven. It is NOT a small or insignificant matter to deny the absolute deity of Jesus Christ:

Matthew 10:32-33 KJV Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

journey

The Second Coming of Christ will be in great and Holy Wrath. He will subject all under His feet and rule over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem for a thousand years. This is yet future but could be soon. The following portion of Scripture is talking about Jesus Christ:

Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

popsthebuilder

Almighty God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet the Holy Three are ONE. They are also eternal - no beginning and no ending. God began to describe His nature all the way back in Genesis:

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:7 KJV And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Please take special note of Genesis 1:26 where God speaks of "our image" - indicating plural. Almighty God has been a Holy Trinity for eternity past and will be for eternity future. God the Son was made manifest in the flesh as Jesus Christ, but He was still God the Son - fully man and fully God. Jesus Christ was also The Word and Creator:

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus Christ was God with us during His earthly ministry:

Matthew 1:21-25 KJV And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

See my blogs for many Scriptures that prove Jesus Christ was and is God - God the Son, ONE with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is no longer in the flesh - sitting at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven. It is NOT a small or insignificant matter to deny the absolute deity of Jesus Christ:

Matthew 10:32-33 KJV Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
I don't deny that the Christ or holy spirit is of the Father, GOD.

Peace

Apple7

Not only do the scriptures not teach the Trinity, but they teach things to the contrary. Like continually differentiating Jesus from God (not just "Father", but "God"), the explicit words of Christ asserting that the Father is greater than he, the fact that he is the mediator between God and mankind, etc. The very titles of "Father" and "Son" should be enough to clearly communicate the kind of relationship they have to one another - and these are the biblical ones used to communicate their relationship. "Trinity" isn't to be found.

No verse thwarts The Trinity.

KingdomRose

θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε μονογενης θεος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

Oh cut it out. You could be putting down ANYTHING in Greek. Quote a verse in English that says "God the Son."

:kookoo:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Oh cut it out. You could be putting down ANYTHING in Greek. Quote a verse in English that says "God the Son."

:kookoo:

"Son of God" was and is understood as "God the Son". The body of Christ, as a human being, was the seed of the Spirit. His body is offspring, but his soul is God. This is why he is also referred to as the "Son of Man", because his body is in part of Mary.

KingdomRose

:doh:

You are aware that the Trinity is unanimously accepted in every legitimate Protestant church, right..

Yes, I've attended many churches and was raised in the Baptist tradition. I never saw anything in the Bible that taught the Trinity.

Jesus indicated to his followers that there would be a majority of those who CLAIMED to be following him, but who would not be acceptable to him. They were the MAJORITY of people who called themselves "Christian."

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are MANY who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are FEW who find it." (Matt.7:13,14, NASB)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?' And then I will say to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.'" (Matt.7:21-23, NASB)

:think::duh:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I've attended many churches and was raised in the Baptist tradition. I never saw anything in the Bible that taught the Trinity.

Jesus indicated to his followers that there would be a majority of those who CLAIMED to be following him, but who would not be acceptable to him. They were the MAJORITY of people who called themselves "Christian."

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are MANY who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are FEW who find it." (Matt.7:13,14, NASB)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?' And then I will say to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.'" (Matt.7:21-23, NASB)

:think::duh:
2 Timothy 2:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

*BUMP*
"Son of God" was and is understood as "God the Son". The body of Christ, as a human being, was the seed of the Spirit. His body is offspring, but his soul is God. This is why he is also referred to as the "Son of Man", because his body is in part of Mary.

You can't be the son of someone and not be of that person. This is the obvious folly of trinity deniers that never gets the attention it deserves. If Jesus is the direct Son of God, then he is not an angel or separate deity- he is God.

KingdomRose

WHERE does the Bible say that? You are going by the TRADITIONS of men. Where does it say "God the Son"?

"He [Jesus] answered them [the Pharisees], 'Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your TRADITION?...You invalidate the word of God for the sake of your TRADITION." (Matthew 15: 3,6, NASB)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
WHERE does the Bible say that? You are going by the TRADITIONS of men. Where does it say "God the Son"?

"He [Jesus] answered them [the Pharisees], 'Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your TRADITION?...You invalidate the word of God for the sake of your TRADITION." (Matthew 15: 3,6, NASB)

Let me put it to you this way.

When two parents have a child, their body is of the parents but their soul comes from neither.

For Jesus, the body came from Mary and God, and the soul is literally of the Spirit. That means that Jesus is effectively 100% man and 100% God. This is what makes him the bridge between God and humanity.

It's not merely tradition. If you read the New Testament and compare verses between it and Isaiah, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion than he is God.
But you won't do that homework, because you've decided to be anti-Trinitarian and nothing else will get through to you.

Apple7

If you read the New Testament and compare verses between it and Isaiah, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion than he is God.

There would need to be massive amounts of denial going on to arrive at a different conclusion...

keypurr

Let me put it to you this way.

When two parents have a child, their body is of the parents but their soul comes from neither.

For Jesus, the body came from Mary and God, and the soul is literally of the Spirit. That means that Jesus is effectively 100% man and 100% God. This is what makes him the bridge between God and humanity.

It's not merely tradition. If you read the New Testament and compare verses between it and Isaiah, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion than he is God.
But you won't do that homework, because you've decided to be anti-Trinitarian and nothing else will get through to you.

Maybe you assume to much.