The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Made my day too. Why would she be interested in a thread in which she does not believe in the original premise anyway?
The poor lady has no real life outside of TOL apparently. One need only look at her profile page to see how many hours of the day she spends posting basically the same thing time and again.

For example, on the 16th of this month it appears she was active for well over nine hours. One wonders how she gets anything done around the home. She obviously is not married, or perhaps now widowed, given the hours she puts in at this site. Of course, I may be mistaken. She may be disabled or something else, from which TOL is her only means of interaction.

AMR

glorydaz

The poor lady has no real life outside of TOL apparently. One need only look at her profile page to see how many hours of the day she spends posting basically the same thing time and again.

For example, on the 16th of this month it appears she was active for well over nine hours. One wonders how she gets anything done around the home. She obviously is not married, or perhaps now widowed, given the hours she puts in at this site. Of course, I may be mistaken. She may be disabled or something else, from which TOL is her only means of interaction.

AMR

Simply obsessed with her own understandings. Much like Keypurr in that way.

Great zeal, but not according to knowledge.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Simply obsessed with her own understandings. Much like Keypurr in that way.

Great zeal, but not according to knowledge.
People that are home-bound tend to withdraw within themselves, becoming quite self-absorbed to the point of being unable to accommodate any other view that has pervaded their isolation. It is just too overwhelming to the worldview they have constructed in their minds. Like hoarders who think every little trinket is vital to their happiness.

Where is our resident psychologist, @Ktoyou, when you need her? ;)

AMR

popsthebuilder

So far I have only been shown a single verse that even comes anywhere near claiming the trinity within the Bible.

Is there more than one?

Are they all within the writings ascribed to John the baptiser?

Has anyone else ever investigated the actual writings of John the baptiser?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

John 20: 16. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her. 19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

popsthebuilder

That's quite a compelling argument for the Trinity.

Saved!
I'm not interested in any links or third party opinion.

I want people to reference the scripture that they claim shows the doctrine of the trinity. And it would be awesome if they would actually be available to go through these supposed verses and see if they indeed expound on, or at least point to the trinity doctrine.

I still find it odd that the trinity doctrine is a salvific issue to so many. What scripture is that based off of?

These things genuinely interest me, but referring me to someone else's work or supposed understanding, doesn't.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not interested in any links or third party opinion.

I want people to reference the scripture that they claim shows the doctrine of the trinity. And it would be awesome if they would actually be available to go through these supposed verses and see if they indeed expound on, or at least point to the trinity doctrine.

I still find it odd that the trinity doctrine is a salvific issue to so many. What scripture is that based off of?

These things genuinely interest me, but referring me to someone else's work or supposed understanding, doesn't.

Here is one verse for Pops that is used to prove the Trinity.

Matthew 28:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

popsthebuilder

Here is one verse for Pops that is used to prove the Trinity.

Matthew 28:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
That verse finished by saying;

Matthew 28: 20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Which has nothing to do with the trinity and everything to do with keeping the commands of Christ.

popsthebuilder

1 John 5: 18. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 19. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 21. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That verse finished by saying;

Matthew 28: 20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Which has nothing to do with the trinity and everything to do with keeping the commands of Christ.

The verse is crucial to the trinity. It not only show the plurality of God but the unity of God

lifeisgood

I still find it odd that the trinity doctrine is a salvific issue....

I have no idea where you get the above from. I was not preached trinity doctrine to be saved. I was preached the Gospel of Salvation 'you're a sinner, you're singing merrily going to hell, Jesus has provided a way for you to go to heaven instead, if you accept that He is right and YOU ARE wrong, He will make you a brand new person'.

Words that are NOT in the Bible but we use them anyway.
The word Bible is NOT in the Bible.
The word trinity is NOT in the Bible. It simply states that God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The word omniscience, which means, all knowing, is NOT in the Bible.
The word omnipotence, which means all powerful, is NOT in the Bible.
The word omnipresence, which means present everywhere, is NOT in the Bible.

Christians use all these words to describe the attributes of God.

BTW: rapture and holy communion and many other words are NOT in the Bible either, however, they are used every day, even by you, popsthebuilder.

These words from you post above are NOT in the Bible either 'These things genuinely interest me' but you're using them anyway. Should I believe those words as they are NOT in the Bible?

Many are the ones who strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

popsthebuilder

TRANSLATION: I, popsthebuilder, am not interested in no other opinion but my own.
No, that is not true.

I would love nothing more than to actually go into the scripture and discuss those verses that you deem affirm the trinity, but if you only use the opinions of others then why would I speak to you about that which isn't your opinion?

popsthebuilder

I have no idea where you get the above from. I was not preached trinity doctrine to be saved. I was preached the Gospel of Salvation 'you're a sinner, you're singing merrily going to hell, Jesus has provided a way for you to go to heaven instead, if you accept that He is right and YOU ARE wrong, He will make you a brand new person'.

The word trinity is NOT in the Bible. It simply states that God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

BTW: rapture and holy communion and many other words are NOT in the Bible either, however, they are used every day, even by you, popsthebuilder.

These words from you post above are NOT in the Bible either 'These things genuinely interest me' but you're using them anyway. Should I believe those words as they are NOT in the Bible?

Would you like for me to Go Through the Bible with you and show you how God is honest and omnipresent and omnipotent? Your assertion that the Trinity isn't in the Bible but it's still in the Bible is simply false the other words you use comparatively to show a similar case with omniscience omnipresence and omnipotence is indeed in the Bible and very easily and plainly seen.

I will gladly show you the difference but you don't care to hear or see.

popsthebuilder

So if you don't believe the doctrine of the Trinity to be salvific then why do you fight for it so much?