The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

A human person is a body and a spirit. If a spirit never had a human body, it was not a human person.

A human is a person and is a body and a spirit, and when that body dies, their spirit lives on.

You say if a spirit never had a human body---BUT I say God did have a human body.

You are the one who calls God a Person.

OKAY THEN---BUT you also say the Father and the Son have a SEPARATE SPIRIT and themselves are NOT SPIRIT. No! Then what are the Father and the Son if they are not the Spirit?

Right Divider

Body part
A human is a person and is a body and a spirit, and when that body dies, their spirit lives on.
Yep

You say if a spirit never had a human body---BUT I say God did have a human body.
The Word was made flesh.

You are the one who calls God a Person.
No, I do NOT call God "a Person". I believe the Bible which says that the three persons are the one God.

OKAY THEN---BUT you also say the Father and the Son have a SEPARATE SPIRIT and themselves are NOT SPIRIT. No! Then what are the Father and the Son if they are not the Spirit?
Why must you CONTINUE to LIE!!!

I have NEVER said that the Father and the Son have a SEPARATE SPIRIT. I have ALWAYS said that there is ONE GOD and ONE SPIRIT.... three persons.

Your LIES are disgusting!

glorydaz

While judging them satanic heretics.......

You added the "satanic" to the charge of heretic.

This circus is nothing but a joke.

Then take off your clown suit and behave like a real man.

The mods should be proud of what they have created.

Now you're blaming the mods because you aren't being babied? :baby:

This isn't a place for profitable discussion but a place for the mob to get their little kicks while merrily patting one another on the back all the way to judgement.

You don't want to "discuss" anything. You want to spew out a bunch of nonsense and not face any disagreement. You're just like your mentor, God's UNtruth. You both "speak the same thing", and you're irked when others see through the nonsense you preach.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or stay and learn..... :readthis:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Triune Godhead

The Triune Godhead

Not three "figures"? :nono:
Heh. No. ;)

There is in the divine Being (God) but one indivisible essence (ousia, essential, being), see Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Corinthians 8:4, Galatians 3:20, 1 Timothy 2:5.
Spoiler

Deuteronomy 6:4 (KJV)
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

1 Corinthians 8:4 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

Galatians 3:20 (KJV)
Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The nature of the one divine being, God, is inclusive of all the attributes of His being, that is, God is His attributes.

In this one divine being, God, there are three personal subsistences (personal modes of existence), persons (distinctions) if you will, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, see Genesis 1:1, 26, 3:22, 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
Spoiler

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 3:22 (KJV)
Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Genesis 11:7 (KJV)
Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Isaiah 6:8 (KJV)
Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isaiah 48:16 (KJV)
Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isaiah 61:1 (KJV)
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Matthew 3:16-17 (KJV)
Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 13:14 (KJV)
2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

The whole undivided essence of God belongs equally to each of the three persons, see John 6:27, Romans 1:7, 1 Peter 1:2, John 1:1, 14, Romans 9:5, Colossians 2:9, Hebrews 1:8, 1 John 5:20, Acts 5:3-4, 1 Corinthians 3:16.
Spoiler

John 6:27 (KJV)
John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Romans 1:7 (KJV)
Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

John 1:1 (KJV)
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (KJV)
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Romans 9:5 (KJV)
Romans 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Colossians 2:9 (KJV)
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Hebrews 1:8 (KJV)
Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

1 John 5:20 (KJV)
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Acts 5:3-4 (KJV)
Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The subsistence and operation of the three persons in the divine Being is marked by a certain definite order of roles and responsibilities (not an ontological order), see Luke 22:42, John 5:36, John 20:21, 1 John 4:14, John 14:16, 14:26, 15:26, 16:7, John 16:13-14.
Spoiler

Luke 22:42 (KJV)
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John 5:36 (KJV)
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 20:21 (KJV)
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

1 John 4:14 (KJV)
1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

John 14:16 (KJV)
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 (KJV)
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 (KJV)
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 (KJV)
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

John 16:13-14 (KJV)
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

More on ontology and essence:
Spoiler

Misunderstandings of the Trinity often come from confusing ontology and distinctions with respect to the Godhead. Ontologically, there is no difference between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three, separate, divine essences (or beings). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-participants of the one divine essence. When speaking of the Godhead in formal theological terms, we would properly say that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three personal subsistences of the one, divine, essence.

The essence of something is that something’s being. In the Greek, the word is ousia. The word essence has its root in the Latin, to be. When speaking of God, the question arises as to how God’s essence makes its existence known, for God is more than having being or existence. Indeed, God is being , for He declared this to be so to Moses in Exodus 3:14-15. In the Exodus passage (see also John 5:26; Acts 17:24-25) God declares His self-existence (aseity), importing a boundless, ineffable, absolute, and transcendent being.

There are certain personal attributes by which the three persons are distinguished, see 1 Corinthians 8:6, Revelation 4:11, Revelation 1:1, John 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 8:6, John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-17, John 1:1, 16:12-15, Matthew 11:27, Revelation 1:1, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Matthew 1:21, John 4:42, Genesis 1:2, Job 26:13, Psalm 104:30, John 16:12-15, Ephesians 3:5, 2 Peter 1:21, John 3:6, Titus 3:5, 1 Peter 1:2, Isaiah 61:1, Acts 10:38.
Spoiler

1 Corinthians 8:6 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)
Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 1:1 (KJV)
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

John 3:16-17 (KJV)
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 Corinthians 8:6 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 1:3 (KJV)
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16-17 (KJV)
Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

John 1:1 (KJV)
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 16:12-15 (KJV)
John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Matthew 11:27 (KJV)
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Revelation 1:1-20 (KJV)
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Revelation 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Revelation 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Revelation 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)
2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Matthew 1:21 (KJV)
Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

John 4:42 (KJV)
John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Genesis 1:2 (KJV)
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Job 26:13 (KJV)
Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Psalm 104:30 (KJV)
Psalm 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

John 16:12-15 (KJV)
John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Ephesians 3:5 (KJV)
Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 3:6 (KJV)
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

1 Peter 1:2 (KJV)
1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Isaiah 61:1 (KJV)
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Acts 10:38 (KJV)
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

AMR

God's Truth

Once again, we must use pops terminology?

Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

INDEED HE WAS!

He was and is the ONE AND ONLY GOD THE FATHER.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

God's Truth

If Jesus Christ isn't that one God and Father, then who is Jesus?

If Jesus isn't that one and only God the Father come in the flesh, then who is Jesus?

glorydaz

If Jesus Christ isn't that one God and Father, then who is Jesus?

If Jesus isn't that one and only God the Father come in the flesh, then who is Jesus?

It's a mystery to you, isn't it?

You wouldn't be asking those questions if you would put off the faith you have in your own made up doctrine.

God's Truth

Yep

The Word was made flesh.

The Word was God and there is only one God and He is the Father and He was made flesh.

No, I do NOT call God "a Person".
You sure do.

You say the Father is a Person. The Son is a Person. The Holy Spirit is a Person.

I believe the Bible which says that the three persons are the one God.

You just said you don't call God a 'Person'.

The Father is God.

Don't play word games.

You know EXACTLY WHAT I said and you KNOW YOU SAY God is a PERSON. THE FATHER IS GOD. If He is not a Person---THEN STOP saying He is a Person.

Why must you CONTINUE to LIE!!!

I have NEVER said that the Father and the Son have a SEPARATE SPIRIT.

You said the Father is NOT A SPIRIT but that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit.

You can't be a Person or ANYTHING alive without being a SPIRIT.

God's Truth

Matthew 3:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Yeah I know, BR. You and the other trinitarians don't go deep enough...probably because it will interfere with the trinity doctrine.

The way to study God's written Word and NOT go to the left or to the right...you would have to not exclude what you have been told---now study the scriptures without ADDING or SUBTRACTING, and NOT leaning to the left or the right. There. is. only. one. God. and. He. is. the. Father.

Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the one and only God the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
He was and is the ONE AND ONLY GOD THE FATHER.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
One God, three persons.