The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

That is a lie pops.

I speak against the bogus idea that works earn salvation.

Eph 2:8-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Paul n those scriptures is speaking about how the works of the law/the purification/ceremonial works no longer save.

You have been duped into believing Paul is saying faith without obedience saves. Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. James too heard of people's misunderstanding about Paul, and James calls them foolish and proves with scriptures that obeying is right.

popsthebuilder

The fact that you don't understand why Christ HAD to come is all that needs to be said.

Once again, you changed what I said, and now you expect me to follow you down your little rabbit trail.

Did Christ HAVE TO COME in order for us to be reconciled to God? You're implying NOT by your question.

I don't expect you to answer, but it would be a nice change.
Yes, now answer mine please.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God doesn't give the gift just for believing. Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.
Said James to the twelve tribes of Israel scattered abroad (aka the diaspora).

Tell us, GT, which tribe of Israel are you from that you would listen to James rather than Paul?

popsthebuilder

I don't condemn you, your own words condemn you.

You think that you will EARN salvation because you are such a good girl.

Accept the GIFT OF GOD.

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(Hey, someone keeps speaking about context and I couldn't help but notice that you left a very important part out of verses you posted in order to make it seem as if Christ doesn't change us and the work of the believer in Christ is the work of GOD.)

You also left out the part that says that it is all by One Spirit regardless of if new or gentile. Let me help.

Ephesians 2: 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 11. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22. In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

(There you go)

popsthebuilder

That is a lie pops.

(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Left part out again I see.

Others do too.

lifeisgood

Do you really think one will be judged for sins they where honestly ignorant of?

ABSOLUTELY, no question about it. For there is nothing in the Bible that says 'oh, hey, if you are honestly ignorant of your sins, that's ok.' Maybe your Bible can provide such a verse?

ALL your sins MUST BE under the BLOOD; otherwise, you are paddling up a creek without a paddle (yes, I know).

Jesus died for ALL of our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21).

popsthebuilder

That is a lie pops.

So being ordained into good works through Christ has nothing to do with salvation?

God's Truth

You need to get saved UNTO good works.

You are a POSER.

Eternal life is a GIFT and not a JOB.

hahahaha So it is a job AFTER we are saved?

No way is what you say any resemblance of truth.

Jesus' works are LIGHT, EASY, and not burdensome.

As for one wanting to get saved and Jesus showing us how to, it is as drinking water and eating delicious food:

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

lifeisgood

I won't remove anything from it's contexts.

I tell yuh what; you provide the scripture and I'll refute you with your own references.

Sound fun? I know right. Start when your ready.

I do not believe I was addressing you, popsthebuilder.

popsthebuilder

Said James to the twelve tribes of Israel scattered abroad (aka the diaspora).

Tell us, GT, which tribe of Israel are you from that you would listen to James rather than Paul?
They are scattered to all nations. There is no jew or gentile. All are sinners who need Christ for salvation.