The Thud Experiment

elohiym

Human cells have two basic modes, growth and protection. Interestingly, recent science shows those modes are controlled by our perception (belief). In the protection mode, which can be brought on by stress, nutrients, like magnesium for example, can be depleted. When certain nutrients are depleted or out of balance with other nutrients in the body, symptoms that we attribute to disease can manifest.

Panic attacks, depression, and seizures all have low intracellular magnesium levels in common, and all of those conditions have been reversed or controlled using magnesium supplementation (when low mg is the cause or part of the cause). Low magnesium in turn causes low intracellular potassium, as magnesium is potassium sparing. Low intracellular potassium levels causes other symptoms of disease.

Testing intracellular electrolyte levels (magnesium, potassium, calcium, chloride, etc.) can be accomplished using a non-invasive test your doctor can administer in less than five minutes. It's called the ExaTest. The test is covered by insurance, medicare, and is accurate enough to be used by NASA to test human intracellular electrolyte levels in the space program.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Human cells have two basic modes, growth and protection. Interestingly, recent science shows those modes are controlled by our perception (belief). In the protection mode, which can be brought on by stress, nutrients, like magnesium for example, can be depleted. When certain nutrients are depleted or out of balance with other nutrients in the body, symptoms that we attribute to disease can manifest.

Panic attacks, depression, and seizures all have low intracellular magnesium levels in common, and all of those conditions have been reverses or controlled using magnesium supplementation (when low mg is the cause or part of the cause). Low magnesium in turn causes low intracellular potassium, as magnesium is potassium sparing.

Testing intracellular electrolyte levels (magnesium, potassium, calcium, chloride, etc.) can be accomplished using a non-invasive test your doctor can administer in less than five minutes. It's called the ExaTest. The test is covered by insurance, medicare, and is accurate enough to be used by NASA to test human intracellular electrolyte levels in the space program.

:thumb:

And none of these problems are because someone has an illness.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Make what harder? Believing Jesus? The only thing that can come between you and Jesus is YOU. If you don't believe His words, that's YOUR problem. Not mine. If you really believed Him, nothing I could say would change that. All I can do is try and get you to believe Him, and stop believing in man.

So you must be one of those that has the religion that says if someone is sick it's their own fault.

My problem is with people like YOU who do not even consider that God has provided medicine and physicians to help in a sick world.

ghost

Hall of Fame
So you must be one of those that has the religion that says if someone is sick it's their own fault.
Ummm.. no. See? This is why you are confused. Being "anxious" is not a sickness. Being "fearful" is not a sickness. Suffering hopelessness is not a sickness. You have bought into the lie. Read the verses I gave you, and believe what they tell you (though it's obvious they mean nothing to you).

My problem is with people like YOU who do not even consider that God has provided medicine and physicians to help in a sick world.
They are not "sick". For matters of the mind, God gave us Jesus.

The same people who have sold you this snake oil, are the same ones who tell you that we are nothing more than organic beings that have evolved. They do not believe that the brain and the mind are separate.

Thunder's Muse

I was ill for a very long time. I had my first visit to a Psychologist when I was 7 years old because I couldn't interact with other children and was talking of suicide.

The older I got, the worse I became. A suicide attempt at 15, drug and alcohol abuse, several more suicide attempts in my 20's. My life was one constant battle between the desire to live and the craving to end it all.

Last year, I decided I was tired of living this way. EVERYTHING was so very hard. Once I opened up and started letting people know how bad it was, I realised that I was very ill, indeed. Chronic depression; chronic insomnia; anxiety so bad it made me avoid social contact; self-harming by denying myself food; disassociating; nightmares; deformed self image; destroyed self-esteem.

Now, you have to believe that I cried out to God to heal me... how many nights I sat up sobbing, begging God to take it all away. However, I believe that God needed me to help myself, also. I believe that once I decided to be pro-active about it, God then placed exactly the right Psychologist in my life, to bring about this healing. The damage was simply too deep to deal with it myself, I needed that professional intervention... however, I do know that God was working with me the whole time, making it possible for me to deal with the trauma and move on.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Now, you have to believe that I cried out to God to heal me... how many nights I sat up sobbing, begging God to take it all away. However, I believe that God needed me to help myself, also. I believe that once I decided to be pro-active about it, God then placed exactly the right Psychologist in my life, to bring about this healing. The damage was simply too deep to deal with it myself, I needed that professional intervention... however, I do know that God was working with me the whole time, making it possible for me to deal with the trauma and move on.

Thanks for sharing that TM and the glory still goes to God.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I was ill for a very long time.
"Ill" from what?
I had my first visit to a Psychologist when I was 7 years old because I couldn't interact with other children and was talking of suicide.
That's not an illness, but there are many factors that can contribute to that. I'm not going to ask you to share everything publicly.

Last year, I decided I was tired of living this way. EVERYTHING was so very hard. Once I opened up and started letting people know how bad it was, I realised that I was very ill, indeed.
How do you know you were "ill"? What biological tests were done to prove you were ill?
Chronic depression; chronic insomnia; anxiety so bad it made me avoid social contact; self-harming by denying myself food; disassociating; nightmares; deformed self image; destroyed self-esteem.
None of those are illnesses. You were certainly not thinking clearly, but that does not mean you were ill.

Now, you have to believe that I cried out to God to heal me... how many nights I sat up sobbing, begging God to take it all away.
There is no promise He is going to do that, other than to renew our minds as we as we continue to believe Him and His word.
However, I believe that God needed me to help myself, also.
Why?
I believe that once I decided to be pro-active about it, God then placed exactly the right Psychologist in my life, to bring about this healing.
Counseling?

ghost

Hall of Fame
Yes TM make sure you answer dr. ghost. He's here to show you what worked didn't.
TM is my friend, and she knows I'm sincerely interested in her life and where she is now.

You have simply been adding emotional uninformed comments about a subject you know nothing about, and endorsing what man says over what God says.

Thunder's Muse

"Ill" from what?

An unhealthy mind.

That's not an illness, but there are many factors that can contribute to that. I'm not going to ask you to share everything publicly.

It's not exactly healthy, either.

How do you know you were "ill"? What biological tests were done to prove you were ill?

Well, I use the term 'ill' because that's the best word I can use to describe it. I was the opposite of healthy...physically, emotionally and mentally.

None of those are illnesses. You were certainly not thinking clearly, but that does not mean you were ill.

The problem is, a lot of those things were subconscious.. I had no control over them. Simply saying I wasn't thinking clearly doesn't quite sum it up because 'thought' didn't really factor into them.

There is no promise He is going to do that, other than to renew our minds as we as we continue to believe Him and His word.

ok.

If God had simply healed me, I wouldn't have learnt the things I did and I would feel as empowered as I do.

Counseling?

More than counselling. It went so much deeper than simply talking about it. The trauma was unprocessed, so I essentially reliving it everyday. There were several exercises, regressions and techniques used to treat PTSD.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
TM is my friend, and she knows I'm sincerely interested in her life and where she is now.

Frankly, I think it is dangerous for you to interfere or mess with TM and her problems.

You can't even control your own emotions or psyche.

Nang

ghost

Hall of Fame
Frankly, I think it is dangerous for you to interfere or mess with TM and her problems.
You would. You don't believe in God.

Having idiots like you interfering all the time with your godless comments is taxing.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Nang

I agree 100%. He has no business trying to talk people out of taking medications that a doctor and a patient have decided together is what should be done.

Thunder's Muse

It's fine, guys :)

Ghost is a friend of mine and know he wouldn't say anything with the intention of causing me harm. I actually enjoy having my perspective questioned.

As for my state of mental health, I am by far the healthiest I have ever been and would not be engaging in this conversation were I not feeling as strong within myself.

ghost

Hall of Fame
An unhealthy mind.
What do you mean "unhealthy"?

It's not exactly healthy, either.
Metaphorically speaking, that's true. But, I think it's important that if we are going to speak about illness, we stick with the organic definition.

The problem is, a lot of those things were subconscious.. I had no control over them. Simply saying I wasn't thinking clearly doesn't quite sum it up because 'thought' didn't really factor into them.
Okay. But we still have no evidence of a disease or illness that caused this. There could be other factors, which I don't want to pry about.

Well, I use the term 'ill' because that's the best word I can use to describe it. I was the opposite of healthy...physically, emotionally and mentally.
I understand.

I would never deny the reality of your experience. I've had them too.

If God had simply healed me, I wouldn't have learnt the things I did and I would feel as empowered as I do.
I'm hoping that it has lead you to a place of complete dependance on Him.

More than counselling. It went so much deeper than simply talking about it. The trauma was unprocessed, so I essentially reliving it everyday. There were several exercises, regressions and techniques used to treat PTSD.
Drugs?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
It's fine, guys :)

Ghost is a friend of mine and know he wouldn't say anything with the intention of causing me harm. I actually enjoy having my perspective questioned.

As for my state of mental health, I am by far the healthiest I have ever been and would not be engaging in this conversation were I not feeling as strong within myself.

I would just be careful of him. He isn't a doctor and his opinions and name calling shows he likes to dominate.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I would just be careful of him. He isn't a doctor and his opinions and name calling shows he likes to dominate.
You're a fool. The fact that you keep bringing up "doctors", proves that you have no respect whatsoever for God or His word.

You have ignored everything the Bible says about Jesus meeting the needs of the heart and mind. Shame on you.

Thunder's Muse

What do you mean "unhealthy"?

The earliest trauma goes back to early childhood. So, as well as being unprocessed, I internalised it (like all kids do) and saw myself as 'bad'. This then influenced the way I interacted with the world around me and also how I filtered that information.

Metaphorically speaking, that's true. But, I think it's important that if we are going to speak about illness, we stick with the organic definition.

ok

Okay. But we still have no evidence of a disease or illness that caused this. There could be other factors, which I don't want to pry about.

Can we say my thought process was unhealthy? ;)

I understand.

I know you do.

I would never deny the reality of your experience. I've had them too.

:)

I'm hoping that it has lead you to a place of complete dependance on Him.

He is the One I lean on :)

Just a general anti-depressant / anti-anxiety med.

ghost

Hall of Fame
The earliest trauma goes back to early childhood. So, as well as being unprocessed, I internalised it (like all kids do) and saw myself as 'bad'. This then influenced the way I interacted with the world around me and also how I filtered that information.
I think I understand. We will leave it at that.

Just a general anti-depressant / anti-anxiety med.
Is that ongoing?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
You're a fool. The fact that you keep bringing up "doctors", proves that you have no respect whatsoever for God or His word.

You have ignored everything the Bible says about Jesus meeting the needs of the heart and mind. Shame on you.

Thud! go away little man.