The Thud Experiment

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know that people are going to think I'm nuts. But, I kind of agree with ghost. My reasons for agreeing with him have to do with my family history, my own history, and my daughter's history.

My grandmother was diagnosed as having manic depression and put on medication. Before the medications, we used to go out and have fun all the time (Nana, my mom, and us girls). After she was prescribed her meds (I don't know what she took), she didn't want to leave the house except to go to the doctor or go shopping on payday.

My mom has high blood pressure and is border-line diabetic. For years, she's self-adjusted her medications whenever she felt it wasn't doing what she thought it should do. About three years ago, she was diagnosed as having depression and fibromyalgia (sp?). She's on two different anti-depressants for those. Up until she started the meds, she used to go out for daily walks and visit with her neighbors. Now, she stays on the internet all day, refusing to leave her house unless she has a doctor's appointment or needs to go buy groceries.

Both my sisters are on meds to "control" their anger, keep their depression at bay, and to help them sleep because the anti-depressants keep them awake at night. My sister, R, talks about needing her "happy pill" whenever she gets depressed. I don't know if I blame the meds on the changes in my sisters' lives or if all of this has happened because of bad choices.

In the early 1990s, I started having problems coping with everyday life. I had major mood swings and was getting panic attacks at least once a day. I went to my doctor, to try to get help. But, based on what I had seen with my family, I did not want to be on medications at all. My doctor tried to convince me that there was no other way to control my mood swings and panic attacks. I didn't believe him. I knew there had to be something. I didn't want to get worse, like Nana, Mom, L, and R. I wanted to get better. That night, I prayed. I told God that I knew that I couldn't handle what was going on with me on my own and that I was placing it all in His hands. Guess what. I haven't had major mood swings in twenty years. And, I've only had three panic attacks since then.

My daughter started showing signs of mood swings when she was nineteen. My mom kept trying to convince her to go to the doctor and get something to help her. I told her that she didn't need to do that and told her my story. She decided to research mood swings. She never has gone on any meds. And, she tells me that her mood swings are gone. I don't know what she did because she likes to tell me that it's none of my business, now that she's a young adult.

When he was younger, my nephew was diagnosed with ADHD. My sister bought into all the claptrap and got him on the strongest meds available. He had been on the meds for about four years when he came out to visit me for a few months. My sister forgot to send him meds and his medical card. So, I couldn't get refills for him. So, I decided that I had a good "cure" for him. I own two acres of land and have dogs. My house is usually surrounded on three sides by corn 3/4 of the year. Across the street, in front of my house, there is a forest. So, I sent him out to explore and wear himself out. I had absolutely no problems with his behaviour at all, until it was time for him to go home. He didn't want to go so he started acting out. When he got home, my sister got him back on his meds. She started calling me every week, talking about his behaviour problems. I told her to try taking him off the meds. He didn't have them here and was fine. Of course, she thought I was crazy.

But, now you can see why I believe that psychiatry is nothing but a shell game. They walk with their hands in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies and vice versa.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
c7_pet_depression.jpg

How do you explain this? A pet-scan detects differences in the brain of depressed and non depressed people.

I guess this brings a whole new meaning to having the blues then?

:D

Yes! and then there is the sunny side to life. The point I was trying to make is that there are detectable differences in the brain when people are having depression. It has to do with serotonin and brain activity.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Why did you ask people on this thread to tell you if they take medication so you could tell them how lazy and stupid they are for doing it.
No, it wasn't directed specifically at people on this thread, but on this site. I am curious to see how many people are actually on medications for "disorders".

You are out of your league.
You are out of touch with the truth. Perverts always defend the world and deny God when the rubber meets the road.
You remind me of my son when he gets bored he starts searching the Internet for conspiracy theories.
I've been studying this long before there was an internet.

You are lazy, gullible and you love the world, not God.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Yes! and then there is the sunny side to life. The point I was trying to make is that there are detectable differences in the brain when people are having depression. It has to do with serotonin and brain activity.
That's a lie. You are a liar. You have ZERO evidence to back it up. You're like one of those poor retards who searches the internet looking for pictures of spaceships and then claims there are little green men on Mars. :rotfl:

:loser:

ghost

Hall of Fame
“All psychiatrists have in common that when they are caught on camera or on microphone, they cower and admit that there are no such things as chemical imbalances/diseases, or examinations or tests for them. What they do in practice, lying in every instance, abrogating [revoking] the informed consent right of every patient and poisoning them in the name of ‘treatment’ is nothing short of criminal.”
— Dr Fred Baughman Jr., Pediatric Neurologist

ghost

Hall of Fame
The same gullible self-professed "christians" who buy into the psychiatric fiasco, generally fall for some form of evolutionary evidence for creation. Instead of believing God, they will believe whatever they can see, feel, touch, or experience. They are lazy little lemmings who will follow the men they worship straight down their path of destruction.

I like this topic, because it separates the wheat from the chaff. It exposes believers from frauds. Those who put their trust in God from those who trust in science (their true religion).

For the phony "christians" when Jesus said "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

What He really meant was "Go to the doctor and get some pills to numb your mind" :rolleyes:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
c7_pet_depression.jpg

How do you explain this? A pet-scan detects differences in the brain of depressed and non depressed people.

Your brain can still have a chemical imbalance, but you are still accountable for how you let it affect you. People use these problems as a crutch and shyster doctors can misdiagnose to manipulate people.

I take only a single med for a seizure disorder. I am now developing Fibromyalgia. Not fun when the weather changes. I can get the blues and be excitable if I am not on this treatment. But I don't go out and kill people.

I do believe the psychiatry has become too politically influenced and things that are not illness are being labeled illness.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Eating certain foods can cause fluctuations in brain scans.
Being tired, hungry, anxious, elated, can cause different readings in brain scans.

No one can diagnose anything based on fluctuations in serotonin levels of the brain. There is no science to support it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I know a guy who was diagnosed bi-polar. Sometime in his early twenties he began hearing voices. He was put on medication and his condition improved.

He was very resentful of having to take the medication and refused to accept that he had a problem. His parents were very supportive and did all they could to help him. I worked with his mother for fifteen years.

She was always trying to help the guy but he continued to go back and forth between taking his meds and being stabilized....to not taking his meds and having real issues.

His last bout was especially difficult. He refused to take his meds again this time for about three days. His mom came up to try and help him and he shot her.....with a shotgun....loaded with slugs.

Needless to say, she's dead and he's in jail awaiting trial. This happend in September.

She was a Christian. That doesn't make it much less brutal though.

PS. Something weird. Anytime he would drive past or even see a church he would become very agitated. Come to find out, he was gay.

I'm just saying.

ghost

Hall of Fame
I know a guy who was diagnosed bi-polar. Sometime in his early twenties he began hearing voices. He was put on medication and his condition improved.
What does that even mean?

Improved to what? He stopped hearing voices?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Your brain can still have a chemical imbalance, but you are still accountable for how you let it affect you. People use these problems as a crutch and shyster doctors can misdiagnose to manipulate people.

I agree there are shyster doctors. It doesn't mean that the whole field gets thrown out. Psychiatry has made some advances. I think people who go to the doctor for medication for depression are being accountable.

I do believe the psychiatry has become too politically influenced and things that are not illness are being labeled illness.

Probably true in that some people have depression because of their lifestyle. Drugs and alcohol can cause depression. That doesn't mean that depression didn't happen but it all needs to be addressed starting with better lifestyle choices. Some people can develop chemical imbalances just because their body has a weakness in that area. To say that they shouldn't take a medication that helps correct that is like telling someone that they can correct their own thyroid.

As far as the political agenda the one thing I do see is that regular family doctors can only do so much in regards to depression. If one has the time and the money for further therapy like counseling then some depression can be helped that way but not all depressions are situational some are a chemical imbalance in the brain.

ghost

Hall of Fame
If one has the time and the money for further therapy like counseling then some depression can be helped that way but not all depressions are situational some are a chemical imbalance in the brain.
Stop your lying. There is NO evidence that links depression with chemical imbalances.

If depression was a disease then you could not counsel someone out of it, anymore than you could counsel someone out of cancer.

Beyond that, you make Jesus a liar who said that He gives us a sound mind.

[sarcasm]How dare God tell us "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". Why would He tell us to stop worrying? Doesn't He know that it is a genetic disorder? How can He ask us to do something beyond our control?

He should never have said "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind". Doesn't God know that many of us are transformed by Paxil, and Prozac?

God must be foolish not to know that we have all these phobia's that demand medication! Why would He lie to us and say that "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear"?

Doesn't God know anything about us?[/sarcasm]
You bet He does...

"...for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts"

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

Too bad your god is science :down:

PyramidHead

You understand that does not mean he had a sound mind, right?

Medications like that by somehow altering your brain chemistry. So he might not have been completely sane, but it is definitely an improvement in your mental health to not be hearing voices.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Too bad you can't see that God can use science to help people have a better life.
God says that He is the solution to fear, anxiety, & hopelessness, not science. You choose science, because that is who you worship. I'll choose Jesus.

You'll gloss over the following, because when it comes to your miserable self-centered life, Jesus is just not good enough.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul."

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

"The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in Thee"

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love."

In relation to those things that affect the heart and mind, He has given us instruction, and He never makes any provision, apart from Himself, as the solution.

" But let us, who are of the day, be sober (of sound mind), putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation."

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;"

It would be rather difficult to function in these areas if the mind is subject to erratic behavior out of its control. And one could hardly be accountable to be disciplined if they have a disease that prevents them.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
God says that He is the solution to fear, anxiety, & hopelessness, not science. You choose science, because that is who you worship. I'll choose Jesus.

You'll gloss over the following, because when it comes to your miserable self-centered life, Jesus is just not good enough.

Well god boy. It's people with a mouth like yours that makes it all the harder.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Well god boy. It's people with a mouth like yours that makes it all the harder.
Make what harder? Believing Jesus? The only thing that can come between you and Jesus is YOU. If you don't believe His words, that's YOUR problem. Not mine. If you really believed Him, nothing I could say would change that. All I can do is try and get you to believe Him, and stop believing in man.