The Sound of Freedom

Arthur Brain

But everyone doesn't.

But everyone doesn't.

You haven't given any legitimate criticism of the movie's story.

What on earth would that have to do with this particular movie?
Well of course everyone doesn't. Some of the most sickening stuff I've ever heard in regards to children has emanated on this very forum alone but in the main, most folk aren't off the planet and at least relatively normal. I've supplied links for criticism and frankly, up to you if you take heed or not.

Arthur Brain

I've never seen him in any movie or TV series that he wasn't excellent in.

When he was in the movie A Thin Red Line with several top box-office stars, Sean Penn told him that he would never make it in Hollywood because his morals were too high to last in the business.
His character in that movie was the most memorable of all of them, he stole the show.

Beyond that.
It has a demonic moral perversion about it.
Changing the narrative from pedophile to minor-attracted person is another attempt of the left to normalize perversion.
He's a fine actor, there's no two ways about that. Just a shame that he's also an utter wingnut.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The real truth about the Biden administration's complicity in child sex trafficking is pure evil

ok doser

Joe Rogan's take on it:

"There's clearly an appetite. There's clearly a culture for it"

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Quite possibly but few would be so publicly acquainted with absolute loony tune stuff like Qanon.
But that's all part of the act. They all act like they're above it all but basically none of them are. And we shouldn't expect any of them to be geniuses in anything other than acting anyway. If they weren't actors they'd be working stiffs like anybody else, and all working stiffs are just as dumb as the next guy, hey, I should know, being one of them. ;)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't unless they bring that aspect of themselves into the film. Apparently, however, Caviezel is moved to say the following about the film:

Those hoping for a few detached laughs at the deep-dish delusion sneaking onto the mainstream radar will be bored by the straight face donned for the duration of the run time – until, that is, a small counter in the corner of the credit roll warns of a “Special Message” in two minutes. Having dropped his character, Caviezel himself appears to say that though we might be feeling frightened or saddened, he’d like everyone to leave with a message of hope for the future. Directly after establishing that he’s not the center of attention here, he betrays an evident messianic complex by announcing that his movie could very well be the most important ever made, going so far as to compare it to Uncle Tom’s Cabin in its campaign to shine a light on 21st-century slavery.

Both Caviezel and Ballard have ties with the loony Qanon so that's when an actor and a character kinda merge...
I see nothing out of order about what he said.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's a fine actor, there's no two ways about that. Just a shame that he's also an utter wingnut.
What does he do that makes you refer to him as a wingnut?????
I love his compassion for what is right and admire his dedication to the Lord without fear of being hated by the world for it.

ok doser

from the retard writing for the guardian: Those hoping for a few detached laughs
Yes, I always go to a movie about child sex trafficking hoping to have a "few detached laughs"
at the deep-dish delusion sneaking onto the mainstream radar
What delusion? The UN's own statistics state that this is a global phenomenon. See:

IMG_20230711_084433.jpg

The only people who would try to persuade others that this is a delusion would be those who are complicit in it.
will be bored by the straight face donned for the duration of the run time
I suppose this might make sense if you went into this movie thinking it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Or were totally retarded.
until, that is, a small counter in the corner of the credit roll warns of a “Special Message” in two minutes. Having dropped his character, Caviezel himself appears to say that though we might be feeling frightened or saddened, he’d like everyone to leave with a message of hope for the future.
Seems appropriate considering how heavy the subject matter is.
Directly after establishing that he’s not the center of attention here,
Right, he explicitly says that the heroes of this movie are the two principal children featured
he betrays an evident messianic complex
That's retarded
by announcing that his movie could very well be the most important ever made,
That is a bald-faced lie
going so far as to compare it to Uncle Tom’s Cabin in its campaign to shine a light on 21st-century slavery.
In fact what he said was "I believe we can make Sound of Freedom the Uncle Tom's Cabin of 21st century slavery"

See for yourself:

Last edited:

ok doser

Worth reading the whole thing. I may excerpt more later, but this is telling:

5 Shocking Reasons Media Savaged ‘Sound of Freedom’

……....….......

They Hate Caviezel More

Liberal film critic Roger Moore didn’t just skewer “Sound of Freedom,” which is perfectly fine since art is always subjective. He directed his ire at Caviezel.

Caviezel made it his business to cynically pander to this conservative religious “QAnon” friendly audience, long before he starred in TV’s “Person of Interest,” which was canceled because he’s just not an interesting, expressive actor person.

Roger Moore is an idiot. Person of Interest ran for five seasons with 103 episodes and consistently had a strong viewership, ranking # 5 in season 2.

Further, if you accept Moore's premise that the film was intended to pander to a conservative religious audience, the implication is that liberal non-religious audiences don't care about child sex trafficking. Which is, actually, an implication that I agree with. 😁

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Worth reading the whole thing. I may excerpt more later, but this is telling:

5 Shocking Reasons Media Savaged ‘Sound of Freedom’

……....….......

They Hate Caviezel More

Liberal film critic Roger Moore didn’t just skewer “Sound of Freedom,” which is perfectly fine since art is always subjective. He directed his ire at Caviezel.

Caviezel made it his business to cynically pander to this conservative religious “QAnon” friendly audience, long before he starred in TV’s “Person of Interest,” which was canceled because he’s just not an interesting, expressive actor person.

Roger Moore is an idiot. Person of Interest ran for five seasons with 103 episodes and consistently had a strong viewership, ranking # 5 in season 2.

Further, if you accept Moore's premise that the film was intended to pander to a conservative religious audience, the implication is that liberal non-religious audiences don't care about child sex trafficking. Which is, actually, an implication that I agree with. 😁

They hate Caviezel more than they love innocent children. (Actual love, not this fake "love" they promote.)

Arthur Brain

So you're against child trafficking, but a movie that is also against child trafficking is "propaganda"?

Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth!
If you're familiar with nuance then you'll understand how one can be completely against child trafficking and a movie saturated with propaganda. If you're not familiar with nuance then okay, you're not gonna connect the dots so easily...

Arthur Brain

But that's all part of the act. They all act like they're above it all but basically none of them are. And we shouldn't expect any of them to be geniuses in anything other than acting anyway. If they weren't actors they'd be working stiffs like anybody else, and all working stiffs are just as dumb as the next guy, hey, I should know, being one of them. ;)
Except it's not an act. He promotes asinine conspiracy rubbish.